atomicllamas: 3
The Quasar: 0
Robert Alfons: 0
EonX-: 1
anty208: 0
Laurel: 1
Swamp-Rocket: 1
Nails: 12

Nails, with his Anti-Lead Archeops, becomes the first person to win two rounds back-to-back.

And now, for our next Pokemon...

Whimsicott

What can you guys do with this annoying fluff ball? Is there any other viable set that isn't the annoying one? Or is there a perk that would allow the annoying set to beat its usual counters?​

Bush @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Prankster
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Switcheroo
-U-Turn
-Stun Spore
-Encore/Memento/Taunt

Tired of Ferroseeds and Tangrowth using your Whimsicott has set-up fodder? Well, this hidden gem over here makes them practically worthless due to giving them a Choice Scarf with Switcheroo. U-turn is great on a mon which forces a lot of switches like Bush. Stun Spore is standard. Last slot depends on your team. Encore shuts down set-up sweepers while setting up. Memento helps setting up with stuff like Crawdaunt and Taunt is very nice for stuff like Hazard users.

(Lagging tail can be used instead as Switcheroo is prioritized by Prankster anyway. (It cripples different mons though) And it's worth noting that Lagging Tail gives Bush a slow U-Turn before exchanging items.)

Last edited:
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Swagger

That's a parafusion set, or more exactly a SubSeed parafusion set. In short, taking advantage from Prankster, Stun Spore is to paralyze the opponent, Swagger is to try to confuse it. Sub and Leech Seed complete the set. This Whimsicott is being able to defeat "normal counter", exploiting the possible low percentage (37.5%) chance of opponent attacking.

Last edited:
Prankster Anti-Lead

"Jewfro" @ Focus Sash
Naive / Hasty nature
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 0 HP, 0 Def, 31 SpA, 0 SpD, 31 Spe
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Taunt
-Endeavor
-Giga Drain
-Stun Spore

This set worked pretty well for me for a long time (in OU, actually). The idea is to block hazards while getting your opponent's Pokemon down to easy revenge-range with Endeavor. Giga Drain allows Whimsicott to recover back to full HP if it's sustained only slight damage (due to hazards or light attack), while Stun Spore is for crippling scarfed (and similarly fast) threats.

The EVs and IVs are for maximum speed and attack while minimizing the amount of damage that needs to be done to Whimsicott to get it down to its Sash (also maximizing the percent recovery from Giga Drain).

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Taunt

All-utility Whimsicott. Light Screen, Knock Off, Leech Seed and Taunt all have different uses throughout the battle but Whimsicott is truly the ultimate pokemon. Taunt stops hazards, Knock Off is always great to have to stop Choice Scarf Pokemon, Leech Seed is good later in the battle whilst Light Screen just supports Physically bulky Pokemon. Not much to say really... :3

I'm new to this but it's worth a shot

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Charm / U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Memento / Taunt
This set works best with Hazards up.

While lowering attack isn't always the best idea as the pokemon can just switch out, here it works well allowing Whimsy to patch up her defense and force switches on Physical attackers. It can also be used to stop certain pokemon from sweeping such as DD Feraligatr/Crawdaunt or Honeclaws Durant. U-turn can be used instead to stop Whimsy from being completely shut down by taunt and to scout moves.
Leech seed is probably the best move to force switches and can give Whimsy recovery. It can even force switches before its used to sapsippers/Grass types
Encore can lock certain pokemon into useless moves allowing Whimsy to switch to a team mate to deal with it or seed it for recovery
The last move depends on whether you want Whimsy to Encore/Taunt set-up moves causing the other pokemon to struggle or let whimsy go out with one last annoyance.

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Swagger

Describe it ASAP.
I spy with my little eye a parafusion set. Please don't give people the idea to use this thing as a Liepard.

As for cott:

(big ass pic is big)

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/ 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Speed
Sassy Nature

Moves:
- Sunny Day
- U-Turn/Memento
- Encore/Taunt
- Stun Spore/Light Screen

Weather support Whimsicott. I used the standard physically bulky EV spread with a Sassy nature and 0 Speed IVs so that you can get a somewhat slow U-Turn. It works like Liepard does in NU: Thanks to Prankster, Whimsicott is guaranteed to get a Sunny Day off. U-turn is used to gain some momentum and get in sun sweepers safely against anything that outspeeds, but if you don't need cott to set sun more than once you can use Memento to ensure safety for your sun sweeper (which is useful if you're using a Growth + Chlorophyll abuser). Encore allows Whimsicott to come in on something and lock it into a useless move, whereas Taunt prevents other Pokemon like Ferroseed from setting hazards up on her (or boosts). The last moveslot is up to you: You can use Stun Spore to spread paralysis, but considering you probably want to use sun in tandem with Chlorophyll sweepers who will outspeed pretty much anything anyway, you can also opt for Light Screen to increase Cott's special bulk and to allow sun sweepers to come in on dangerous special attackers. It's up to you, though: Leech Seed or Giga Drain can be used to replenish some of Cott's HP (having no lefties kinda stings), Knock Off can be used to further annoy the opponent, Swagger can be used if you're feeling like a dick and love parafusion, that's all up to you.

Overall, Prankster plus a wide support movepool makes Whimsicott and excellent sun setter.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay seriously, no one did Tailwind?

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature(Impish with U-turn)
- Encore
- Memento/U-turn
- Tailwind
- Stun Spore

Okay so this Whimsicott plays a lot like standard Whimsicott, but it actually uses its fourth slot way better than the standard set, being able to support its teammates via tailwind and memento. This allows a dangerous sweeper set up, or a hard hitting mon to just come in and poop on the opposing team under tailwind (+2/+2 omastar in tailwind please, where is your god now manectric?). The minor adjustment in EVs is actually pretty useful, as it allows my Whimsicott to switch into all of your Whimsicott (barring taunt or stun spore) and encore before you do anything. But this set is really cool offering major speed control (paralysis and tailwind), while supporting its team with encore and memento, or gaining momentum with U-turn. Stuff like SD Kabutops, Ferraligatr, or Samurott, work really well as teammates, as well as stuff like SS Omastar, CB Emboar or CB Rhydon.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I spy with my little eye a parafusion set. Please don't give people the idea to use this thing as a Liepard.

As for cott:

(big ass pic is big)

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/ 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Speed
Sassy Nature

Moves:
- Sunny Day
- U-Turn/Memento
- Encore/Taunt
- Stun Spore/Light Screen

Weather support Whimsicott. I used the standard physically bulky EV spread with a Sassy nature and 0 Speed IVs so that you can get a somewhat slow U-Turn. It works like Liepard does in NU: Thanks to Prankster, Whimsicott is guaranteed to get a Sunny Day off. U-turn is used to gain some momentum and get in sun sweepers safely against anything that outspeeds, but if you don't need cott to set sun more than once you can use Memento to ensure safety for your sun sweeper (which is useful if you're using a Growth + Chlorophyll abuser). Encore allows Whimsicott to come in on something and lock it into a useless move, whereas Taunt prevents other Pokemon like Ferroseed from setting hazards up on her (or boosts). The last moveslot is up to you: You can use Stun Spore to spread paralysis, but considering you probably want to use sun in tandem with Chlorophyll sweepers who will outspeed pretty much anything anyway, you can also opt for Light Screen to increase Cott's special bulk and to allow sun sweepers to come in on dangerous special attackers. It's up to you, though: Leech Seed or Giga Drain can be used to replenish some of Cott's HP (having no lefties kinda stings), Knock Off can be used to further annoy the opponent, Swagger can be used if you're feeling like a dick and love parafusion, that's all up to you.

Overall, Prankster plus a wide support movepool makes Whimsicott and excellent sun setter.
While this is a great set, and one I used to great effect several metas I'm not sure it should be allowed in this competition due to having an official set for a period of time, and actually being in the AC of the current analysis.

As a side note, I found the greatest effect running Sunny Day / Memento / Taunt / U-turn which allowed for flexibility in either letting Whimsicott set one of my sweepers up or U-turning on a switch which allowed it to potentially set Sun again. Taunt is invaluable on this set.

termi

While this is a great set, and one I used to great effect several metas I'm not sure it should be allowed in this competition due to having an official set for a period of time, and actually being in the AC of the current analysis.

As a side note, I found the greatest effect running Sunny Day / Memento / Taunt / U-turn which allowed for flexibility in either letting Whimsicott set one of my sweepers up or U-turning on a switch which allowed it to potentially set Sun again. Taunt is invaluable on this set.
I wasn't aware that there used to be an analysis for this. Why did it get removed from the site?

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nah, that set is fine. As long as it's not already onsite on the main set, it's fair game. If it were removed from the site, it would be considered a "hidden gem" now, wouldn't it?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well it is in the main set in the AC here "Sunny Day can be used to support and be part of a sun team, but only use Whimsicott to support the team, not to attack. Sunny Day is best used with Taunt, Memento, and U-turn—set up sun, then bring in a teammate with either Memento or U-turn, or prevent an opposing set up with Taunt."

But if its fair game then it gets my vote :p

termi

Well it is in the main set in the AC here "Sunny Day can be used to support and be part of a sun team, but only use Whimsicott to support the team, not to attack. Sunny Day is best used with Taunt, Memento, and U-turn—set up sun, then bring in a teammate with either Memento or U-turn, or prevent an opposing set up with Taunt."

But if its fair game then it gets my vote :p
Well it's obviously a great set and I only look for things with an actual analysis so if scorp's right then I guess that's a yay. (I also have some extra moves slashed so I guess I did innovate in a way, too)

But again, why would anyone delete the analysis from the site when it's actually really good?

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Time for a creative set(and because this shit doesn't have really viable options left) :

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hurricane

With a decent special attack stat of 77, a great speed tier, and a solid movepool with moves such as Hurricane, Whimsicott can potentially use a special set. Why use this over Sceptile or Lilligant? The answer is simple: not only does it get U-Turn to get out of its check and counters, because of its access to Hurricane, it doesn't need to worry about Ferroseed and Escavalier beating your Grass-types because you have enough room for HP fire while beating your usual grass-type counters with Hurricane (assuming you don't miss ofc), Whimsicott lures in Grass-types to absorb Leech Seed really well, meaning its easy to nail things like Amoonguss on the switch.

Important Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 133-159 (43.75 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss: 200-237 (46.29 - 54.86%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

no h8 pls.

Last edited:

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion

Whimsicott
Leftovers | Prankster | Calm
252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SpD
~Stun Spore
~Encore
~U-turn/Giga Drain
~Memento

now u probably be thinking "dafuq is this dumbass doing using calm whimsicott thinking it has bulk" well to all the haters out there ima break it to u but this whimsicott is one of the mvps of offensive teams. fucking pro ass pivot that can switch into so many moves and then just troll offensive mons thanks to encore + stun spore. with this ev spread whimsicott is all over dem special water types switching into shit like scald and just shrugging it off unless they get bullshit 100% burn chance on u, then u can rage. anyways prankster is standard fare and makes whimsi a shit to deal with. i love this nigga because of encore, which forces switches as much as fc barcelona sucks at football. just rack up that hazard damage and then watch your opponent rage. countless times opponent ragequits because mad @ whimsicott. stun spore is pro move esp with priority for more paralysis support, thus being a shit for opposing teams even more. if u havent run this set yet run it now. u-turn is self explanatory move, gets free momentum because dis nig is master of forcing switches, and can get stuff like smeargle in safely because i dont invest in speed so whimsi is outsped by shit. last slot is the pro move memento. ur probably getting tired of seeing it but idgaf because this move is so underrated and it fucks so many mons up as a last ditch, esp with priority. this just makes every mon switch and just add to the hazards damage. generally this is last mon to go down before smeargle comes in and cleans house because this nigga partners so well with its bro smeargle.

This is the very successful set I used in my Belly Drum Beagles team, taking a spin on Whimsicott's Encore set and mixing in Memento. Max Special Defensive bulk allows it to switch into Water types with impunity. Believe it or not it can surprise you with its bulk. Now, as in my explanation from my RMT, it patches up a lot of issues with offensive teams, especially does well in partnership with set up sweepers such as Omastar. Memento is the key here, giving it yet another way to give set up, and can be used to dispose of a weakened or paralyzed Whimsicott to offer set up for a set up sweeper.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, 9 sets to vote for! Voting begins

Also, before anyone asks, Dcae's set is legit because its specially defensive EV spread allows it to switch into different mons (ie. water types)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)