Tournament NU Ban Happy Tournament (Won by Marilli)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Matchups!
FullLifeGames vs. Human Mystery Box
I am the Bat vs. DaSpoofy
scorpdestroyer vs. blaziken1337
Blapperl vs. acidphoenix
marilli vs. mael
Mr.378 vs. Zebraiken
Hootie vs. Orphic
Vileman vs. R0ady
Funbot28 vs. scald
Pokedots vs. Brick Small.
Quite Quiet vs. Black Heart
Raseri vs. Syncrasy
tyrannosaurusshrekted vs. Max Carvalho
Can-eh-Dian vs. HJAD
Tangelo vs. Omfuga
hollywood vs. BrandonBeast
qsns vs. brawlfest
fssong vs. parpar356
Bronze Stallion vs. DoubleBullShyte
Ren-chon vs. Zenza
metaphysical vs. Chef Rice
Deej Dy vs. aberdeen
Sleepless vs. Tricking
Dentricos vs. littlelucario
rubsomebacononit vs. DKFirelord
galbia vs. Luck O' the Irish
Where'dTheseDucksComeFrom vs. Annoyer
Mega-Swampert vs. Kiyo
Ranger Mike vs. Realistic Waters
Haruno vs. DnB
Shaneghoul vs. Sir Kay
Aladyyn vs. Teddeh

And a list of the bans
Code:
Banned pokemon
Prinplup
Musharna
Archeops
Sawk
Klinklang
Tauros
Vileplume
Malamar
Uxie
Magmortar
sneasel ripX2
Treecko37
Quagsire
Garbodor
Cradily
Teddiursa
Luvdisc
Aurorus
Rotom-n
Audino
Lilligant
Scyther
Lanturn
Gurdurr
Hariyama
Jynx

Banned abilities
Gale Wings
Levitate
Mold Breaker
Unaware
Magic Bounce
Sturdy

Banned moves
Thunder Wave
Spikes
Quiver Dance
Stealth Rock
Knock Off
Scald
Hydro Pump
Trick Room
Baton Pass
Rain Dance
Volt Switch
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Sunny Day
U-Turn
Toxic Spikes
Will-o-wisp
Rest
Substitute
Calm Mind
Earthquake
Stun Spore
Waterfall
Sticky Web
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Sucker Punch
Fake Out
Toxic
Stone Edge
Spore
http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/validate.php <--- is a link to see if your teams built on showdown are legal, thanks FullLifeGames

Battles due by this time, 11:48 pm EST on Wednesday, August 5th. Though I prob wont update this until I wake up the following morning. Also dont complain about activity until at least the 2nd please!

Also, any potential drops or pokemon that will rise tiers will not affect this current round, but will take place for future rounds.
Code:
Reference for 2nd round bans
Pokemon
Combusken
Articuno
Pyroar
Meowstic
Poliwrath
Shedinja
Mawile

Abillities
Prankster
Static

Moves
Shell Smash
Hidden Power
Facade
Belly Drum
Sleep Powder
Nasty Plot
Freeze Dry
Protect
Light Screen
Return
Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Since teambuilding really annoyed me (I picked Scyther because I didn't realize it was banned and same with Rotom-F because of Levitate), I decided to make a little application, which checks if my Importable doesn't contain anything banned.

It's made in JavaScript, so you can see that I don't steal any teams and here is the link to it: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/validate.php

Just put the Importable into the TextArea and check your team with a simple button click!

(If you encounter some bugs, just write me on my wall)

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
question on implementation of bans

When all sign ups and matchups are made, all of the requested banned pokemon, abilities and moves will be banned from all battles.

When you win a match, after you post your replay of your battle, you also request another pokemon, ability or move banned for the next rounds (so those request would not apply in the middle of the current round).
so if we win, we ban something else on top of the 64 things already banned? doesn't that mean finals teams will be like butterfree without sleep powder / delcatty / stabless sturdyless srless golem / dustox / flame burst simisear / croconaw

other variants of this tourney had like the loser's bans dropping from the tour (i don't like this one as much since nobody stacked bans) or just kept the same banlist throughout, so idk. stacking winner's bans throughout seems a little tough on the building end of things

so if we win, we ban something else on top of the 64 things already banned? doesn't that mean finals teams will be like butterfree without sleep powder / delcatty / stabless sturdyless srless golem / dustox / flame burst simisear / croconaw

other variants of this tourney had like the loser's bans dropping from the tour (i don't like this one as much since nobody stacked bans) or just kept the same banlist throughout, so idk. stacking winner's bans throughout seems a little tough on the building end of things
stabless golem cant actually happen because HP rock

also who would use a butterfree in a hp rock golem infested meta you should choose a better ground resist such as chikorita

Shuckleking87

I think there's still plenty of viable stuff out there that we can continue with increased bans each round. Will force people to get their creative juices flowing, and it's the ban happy tournament after all! And I suppose you could just ban tackle or something to make the choices easier

Shuckleking87

To make sure everyone is aware, combusken and shell smash are still allowed for round 1 battles, but not for future rounds. And yea, only the winner chooses the ban for the next round, not both battlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)