Contribute to Smogon's Facebook giveaways :: Apply within

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The PM for those interested is being sent out shortly! If anyone is still interested feel free to reply here and we can include you!

Man, I've been hesitating to ask but I'm going to ask for this opportunity anyway. I've been trying to help people out ever since I started playing Pokemon and my presence on Smogon is no exception. I'll be owning Powersaves in a few days and I'll gladly contribute to these projects. Only hassle is that I've been on the Blacklist for a short period, which prevents me from joining. I tried my hardest to restore my trustworthiness and I hope my positive presence has proven enough for you all to give it a shot.

Whatever you decide, good luck with all of this.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'd like to help out if that's still needed. I'm at GMT + 2 so that's about 7 hours later than EST. I do have PowerSaves and I help people here on Smogon in many ways, think of my Ditto and SR helping Pokémon Giveaways and my SR Guide that I wrote.

Anyway, let me know if you still need it. :)

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I'd be happy to help out, Saturdays/Sundays are very open for me. If you already have enough people though, I'd understand :) I'm GMT-5 and have experience with both Skype and IRC.

Last edited:
Well, I don't own Powersaves (was always too afraid it would destroy one of my files or something), but I can offer some exceptional prizes.

I was thinking I would just give you this one for now:

[245] Suicune
OT: Pokéguy (56512) (Lv. 50)
Nature: Bold - Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31/23/31/30/31/31
Moves: Surf/Scald , Ice beam / Icy Wind / Sleep Talk / Hidden Power Electric , Rest, Calm Mind
Notes: This was soft reset by myself, on Omega Ruby.

and if you feel I'm worthy of a badge, I'll give you some more of my resets to re-distribute (most of them took over 100 hours). But this one is yours with no strings attached if you want it. I figure it's the monster I'm most known for, so if there is going to be a Smogon giveaway page, it wouldn't be complete with out my Suicune. Cheers to just under 8 years on Smogon! PM me when you can pick Suicune up and Good Luck with this!

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
Well, I don't own Powersaves (was always too afraid it would destroy one of my files or something), but I can offer some exceptional prizes.

I was thinking I would just give you this one for now:

[245] Suicune
OT: Pokéguy (56512) (Lv. 50)
Nature: Bold - Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31/23/31/30/31/31
Moves: Surf/Scald , Ice beam / Icy Wind / Sleep Talk / Hidden Power Electric , Rest, Calm Mind
Notes: This was soft reset by myself, on Omega Ruby.

and if you feel I'm worthy of a badge, I'll give you some more of my resets to re-distribute (most of them took over 100 hours). But this one is yours with no strings attached if you want it. I figure it's the monster I'm most known for, so if there is going to be a Smogon giveaway page, it wouldn't be complete with out my Suicune. Cheers to just under 8 years on Smogon! PM me when you can pick Suicune up and Good Luck with this!
Uh, you don't get a badge just for donating one thing and why would you attach strings to a Facebook donation when other people are capable of donating as well and probably spent "hundreds" of hours on theirs too?

Uh, you don't get a badge just for donating one thing and why would you attach strings to a Facebook donation when other people are capable of donating as well and probably spent "hundreds" of hours on theirs too.
The front post just said there was a badge if you contributed. *shrug* I just wanted to donate one for free, and if I was PM'd with some sort of deal, I'd probably give up the 450 hour Naive HP Fire Xerneas and a few other nice legends.

I'm sorry Esmeya... I was kind of offering every re-distributable in the thread for a badge actually, just wasn't sure how to word it.

It's just, every time I look at someone with a badge, I look at their join date and think, wow, Esmeya has contributed enough to the community to earn a badge, in less than 2 years, but I have been here 8 years, trading my monsters exclusively on Smogon and resetting for months on end to bring this site some of the best legit monsters on the web and still no badge.

Oh well, did you at least want to pick up the Suicune?

Thanks, you really know how to make someone feel worthless.

Thanks, you really know how to make someone feel worthless.
You're not worthless. Not at all. It don't think it's about how long you've been around, it's about what you've actually done. Esmeya actually contributed a lot by doing loads of TSV checks and stuff. What you've done is indeed nice for the community and its health, don't take that wrong. But soft resetting for 100 years is in the first place something you do for yourself, not for the community. Anyway, let's get back on topic :)

But soft resetting for 100 years is in the first place something you do for yourself, not for the community. Anyway, let's get back on topic :)
Granted, I reset them for my own personal goals, but I've been loyal to this site; and in this one moment, if I share everything with the community, would it better smogon? I had a few giveaways asking about re-distributables and what people's thoughts were but I got a lot of mixed signals, until this:
(there are definitely some legendaries which we lack, so when we need them we'll see if anyone wants to give them up).
If smogon needs/wants my help, I'll give it. Just let me know what you need and I'll get 'em cloned. But in that same post (or one further up?) he was telling Chesty that you can't help if you can't clone. So this is the only way I can help.

I just thought it would be cool to have a badge. Sorry if the Icon was too much to ask. Damn, Esmeya scares the crap out of me for some reason.

Granted, I reset them for my own personal goals, but I've been loyal to this site; and in this one moment, if I share everything with the community, would it better smogon? I had a few giveaways asking about re-distributables and what people's thoughts were but I got a lot of mixed signals, until this:

If smogon needs/wants my help, I'll give it. Just let me know what you need and I'll get 'em cloned. But in that same post (or one further up?) he was telling Chesty that you can't help if you can't clone. So this is the only way I can help.

I just thought it would be cool to have a badge. Sorry if the Icon was too much to ask. Damn, Esmeya scares the crap out of me for some reason.
You can help if you want to. That's why I'm invited in the group chat. Asking for a badge as someone told me ages ago is not wise to do...what your doing is you're saying I'll give you guys this Pokemon please give me a badge. I've done hundreds of giveaways and excluding one time I haven't been asking for a badge. Just my thoughts please don't take any offense. Thanks

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fluke + Tatertot + Buckert we're currently inundated with cloners / distributors and have a roster already organised, it would be hella tricky to add you guys in now I'm afraid. However, if we become undermanned you'll be the first notified :heart:

Pokéguy I really appreciate the offer of your Suicune, I know how hard it is to get your prized mons off you in a fair trade, let alone for free! We haven't decided if/when we'll do Suicune but when we do we'll hit you up.

As for the whole badge thing, I don't want this thread to turn into a back and fourth about this so I'll just end it here. In the OP I said:
If helping out of the goodness of your heart isn't enough incentive, those who help out regularly (and for a long time) will be eligible for the Social Media Contributor Badge
Since this thread is advertising for cloners + distributors (and keywords regularly and long time), if people do get any badges out of this it will be for those who have put in time to actually coordinate these massive giveaways on the Facebook page / IRC itself (these people are donating several hours of their weekend to make this work, and it's been a lot of work so far). Pokemon donations are hugely appreciated (esp legendaries), but like Fluke said, these soft-resets were done for yourself, not on our request.

As for the callouts, RJ's post was a joke, and Esmeya has been insanely helpful all over the place (TSV checks / help in the SQSR thread / donated a shitload of stuff to the old Facebook giveaways etc. etc.). I'm not here to explain how badges are / aren't given on Smogon, but if you aren't directly contributing to something (as opposed to just being a veteran user) you can't really expect anything.

Hopefully after all this you still want to donate stuff, if not then I understand.

Pokéguy I really appreciate the offer of your Suicune, I know how hard it is to get your prized mons off you in a fair trade, let alone for free! We haven't decided if/when we'll do Suicune but when we do we'll hit you up.
Cool, well, if you ever need any legendary monsters, just hit me up.

As for the whole badge thing, I don't want this thread to turn into a back and fourth about this so I'll just end it here. In the OP I said:

Since this thread is advertising for cloners + distributors (and keywords regularly and long time), if people do get any badges out of this it will be for those who have put in time to actually coordinate these massive giveaways on the Facebook page / IRC itself (these people are donating several hours of their weekend to make this work, and it's been a lot of work so far). Pokemon donations are hugely appreciated (esp legendaries), but like Fluke said, these soft-resets were done for yourself, not on our request.
I see. Well, I'd need to buy a new laptop, powersaves and another copy of this game to help out then, and in this post you just turned down several people wanting to clone who already have the stuff they need, so I guess I'm out.

As for the callouts, RJ's post was a joke
Oh wow, my bad... I honestly thought he was just trading his time for an Icon and that I could do the same in my own way. I didn't mean to start anything.

, and Esmeya has been insanely helpful all over the place (TSV checks / help in the SQSR thread / donated a shitload of stuff to the old Facebook giveaways etc. etc.). I'm not here to explain how badges are / aren't given on Smogon, but if you aren't directly contributing to something (as opposed to just being a veteran user) you can't really expect anything.

Hopefully after all this you still want to donate stuff, if not then I understand.
I still want to donate stuff, so just hit me up with any requests. Also, sorry again for making a scene... I honestly thought RJ's post was legit... again, my bad... well, Good Night then!

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Fluke + Tatertot + Buckert we're currently inundated with cloners / distributors and have a roster already organised, it would be hella tricky to add you guys in now I'm afraid. However, if we become undermanned you'll be the first notified :heart:
Yeah that's cool. :) I'm glad I've helped this community with my Dittos but I want to help more. So yeah let me know if you need me. :)

I'm feeling generous, I'd like to donate:

Male - Jolly - Intimadate
31/31/31/31/31/31
I might give it some kind of Doge nickname for the giveaway, let me know if you are interested.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Hey I can help with this, I have a skype and I can pm you with my username. My timezone is EST -5
Unfortunately, the advertisement for recruits ended a while ago. Thanks for your interest though. We will continue to use this thread as a way for people to donate their legendaries to though.

I'm feeling generous, I'd like to donate:

Male - Jolly - Intimadate
31/31/31/31/31/31
I might give it some kind of Doge nickname for the giveaway, let me know if you are interested.
Very late reply, we already had a Landorus to use which is why we never jumped at this. Thanks anyway!

Hi there, I'd like to donate any (or all) of the following:

#151 - Mew/ミュウ

ID: 26774 | OT: V i n i
Ability: Synchronize | Nature: Timid
IVs: 31 | x | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Moves: Seismic Toss | Softboiled | Defog | Vacuum Wave
Mew Level 30 UT
Emulator used. Warp code and buy Dive balls code used.

#145 - Zapdos

ID: 36000 | OT: Vini
Ability: Pressure | Nature: Bold
Moves: Defog | Agility | Charge | Discharge
Zapdos Level 50 UT

#380 - Latias

Ability: Levitate | Nature: Timid
Moves: Dragonbreath | Water Sport | Refresh | Defog
Latias Level 35 UT

#381 - Latios

Ability: Levitate | Nature: Timid
Moves: Dragonbreath | Defog | Refresh | Luster Purge
Latios Level 35 UT

In light of the new VGC ruleset, please feel free to consider a distribution of my ORAS Rayquaza:

29/31/31/31/31/31, Jolly (29 HP is a Life Orb number that allows it to have 179 HP [instead of 180] at lv50). It's untouched, Lv70, with Extreme Speed/Dragon Pulse/Dragon Dance/Dragon Ascent.

Edit: EV'd to 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 sp def and given Protect and Earthquake over Dragon Pulse and Dragon Dance...

Last edited:
im working my way through black 2 and id be happy to donate some once it gets to that point...if i dont have enough clout i totally understand, and my offer will stand in the future

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
im working my way through black 2 and id be happy to donate some once it gets to that point...if i dont have enough clout i totally understand, and my offer will stand in the future
We appreciate the offer, but with the announcement of VGC 2016's ruleset and Pokemon list - "we" feel like the priority donations should be the legendaries at the moment, since they're harder to obtain and must be Pentagon captures/SR's. If you have any of those that are flawless/near flawless spreads for usable natures and want to donate them to the giveaway that'd be awesome too.

I just SR'd a 31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet Dialga in a Dive Ball that I'd be happy to donate in the name of making VGC 2016 more accessible - the only issue is that I can't clone. I'm GMT-8, by the way.

With my interest in helping and donating, and with the new VGC rules coming up, I'd be happy to donate any of these three legendary golems.

#377 - Regirock
OT: Fluke ID: 02762
Nature: Impish Ability: Clear Body
IVs: 30 | 31 | 31 | 17 | 31 | 31
Moves: Bulldoze | Curse | Ancient Power | Iron Defense
Soft Reset on my Omega Ruby

#378 - Regice
Nature: Modest Ability: Clear Body
IVs: 31 | 20 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Moves: Bulldoze | Curse | Ancient Power | Amnesia

#379 - Registeel
Nature: Careful Ability: Clear Body
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 09 | 31 | 30
Moves: Curse | Ancient Power | Iron Defense | Amnesia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)