Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Protect / Swords Dance / Iron Head / Shadow Sneak
Nature: Careful
Region of origin: Alola
Characteristic: Mischeivous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): Egg received and hatched apparently 5/31/17
Again, the age old rule of "Don't use anything you get off the WT" applies. However, nothing looks wrong about it. Honedge can be obtained in a Love Ball via Island Scan, and it was bred so it can get Egg Moves. I'm assuming it has the cross symbol indicate it was born in Gen 7 (If that's not the case, then it would be hacked)?

While there's no reason to assume it was hacked, beacuse anything of the WT is sketchy unless it's an utterly horrid Pokemon (in stats, not actually a bad Pokemon), I would recommend either just shelving it or releasing it.

Again, the age old rule of "Don't use anything you get off the WT" applies. However, nothing looks wrong about it. Honedge can be obtained in a Love Ball via Island Scan, and it was bred so it can get Egg Moves. I'm assuming it has the cross symbol indicate it was born in Gen 7 (If that's not the case, then it would be hacked)?

While there's no reason to assume it was hacked, beacuse anything of the WT is sketchy unless it's an utterly horrid Pokemon (in stats, not actually a bad Pokemon), I would recommend either just shelving it or releasing it.
OK, thanks about the Doublade.

About the rule thing, I'm sorry for being too honest but in the Pokemon Sun version, I bred a Mimikyu to participate in VGC battles using a Japanese Mimikyu obtained through Wonder Trade a long while ago. I know many Trainers think Wonder Trade is sketchy sometimes but this Mimikyu I got from it looked alright and not hacked at all by looking at her summary:

Language: JPN
Species: Mimikyu
OT: (Japanese Name)
ID No.: 275777
IVs: HP : Decent / Attack: Pretty good / Defense: No good / Sp.Atk: Pretty good / Sp.Def: Very good / Speed: Decent
Ability: Disguise
Pokemon's name: (Japanese nickname)
Level: 1
Pokeball: Heal Ball
Moves: Splash / Scratch / Astonish / Copycat
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Other comments (optional): Egg received at 12/27/2016 and hatched apparently 12/28/2016 in Poke Pelago.

Please do not get mad at me and put me in the blacklist after I told you I've done this but I just thought this Mimikyu is not suspicious and looks alright for breeding.

OK, thanks about the Doublade.

About the rule thing, I'm sorry for being too honest but in the Pokemon Sun version, I bred a Mimikyu to participate in VGC battles using a Japanese Mimikyu obtained through Wonder Trade a long while ago. I know many Trainers think Wonder Trade is sketchy sometimes but this Mimikyu I got from it looked alright and not hacked at all by looking at her summary:

Species: Mimikyu
ID No.: 275777
IVs: HP : Decent / Attack: Pretty good / Defense: No good / Sp.Atk: Pretty good / Sp.Def: Very good / Speed: Decent
Ability: Disguise
Pokemon's name: (Japanese nickname)
Level: 1
Pokeball: Heal Ball
Moves: Splash / Scratch / Astonish / Copycat
Nature: Brave
Other comments (optional): Egg received at 12/27/2016 and hatched apparently 12/28/2016 in Poke Pelago.

Please do not get mad at me and put me in the blacklist after I told you I've done this but I just thought this Mimikyu is not suspicious and looks alright for breeding.
Oh, it's not that most people don't trust WT, it's just that if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

If it has horrible stats, or at least resembles a spitback of sorts, you're usually good. Your parent Mimikyu looks fine, beacuse there's no competitive value in it. Your Mimikyu is probably fine to be used.

Oh, it's not that most people don't trust WT, it's just that if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

If it has horrible stats, or at least resembles a spitback of sorts, you're usually good. Your parent Mimikyu looks fine, beacuse there's no competitive value in it. Your Mimikyu is probably fine to be used.
Phew, thank you. I was worried I might get into trouble because of that.

Recieved this Shiny Genesect from a PS! trade. There doesn't seem to be much wrong with it other than being 6 IV, but I would like feedback. Probably an RNG.
Species: Genesect
OT: Something Japanese
ID No.: 07133
IVs: 6 IV
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Download
Pokemon's name: Genesect
Level: 100
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Shift Gear, Blaze Kick, Extreme Speed, Iron Head (all pp maxed)
Nature: Hasty
Region of origin: Unova
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments (optional): According to my trading partner, it was obtained in a discord GA.

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Recieved this Shiny Genesect from a PS! trade. There doesn't seem to be much wrong with it other than being 6 IV, but I would like feedback. Probably an RNG.
OT: Something Japanese
IVs: 6 IV
EVs (optional): None
Pokemon's name: Genesect
Pokeball: Cherish
Moves: Shift Gear, Blaze Kick, Extreme Speed, Iron Head (all pp maxed)
Region of origin: Unova
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments (optional): According to my trading partner, it was obtained in a discord GA.
There doesn't seem to be anything directly illegal about it. The fact that its name is Genesect and not written in Japanese could be a clue that it's hacked, however unless I'm mistaken, it's possible to RNG the TID and SID to get a save file where the Genesect is nicknamable.
However from what I remember, that event Genesect has been hacked and traded around quite a lot in the past, so unless there's solid evidence that the Genesect was originally obtained and RNG'd by someone very trustworthy, I consider it highly likely to be hacked. (it could also be worth reporting to a staff member in the Wi-Fi room, if you got it from a trade there)

There doesn't seem to be anything directly illegal about it. The fact that its name is Genesect and not written in Japanese could be a clue that it's hacked, however unless I'm mistaken, it's possible to RNG the TID and SID to get a save file where the Genesect is nicknamable.
However from what I remember, that event Genesect has been hacked and traded around quite a lot in the past, so unless there's solid evidence that the Genesect was originally obtained and RNG'd by someone very trustworthy, I consider it highly likely to be hacked. (it could also be worth reporting to a staff member in the Wi-Fi room, if you got it from a trade there)
Oh oops, the name is indeed Japanese. My bad. Is the nickname the only thing suspicious about it?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh oops, the name is indeed Japanese. My bad. Is the nickname the only thing suspicious about it?
From the details you provided: no, it seems to be legal.
The main point that leads to why I'd consider it hacked is that it's 6IV and has a relatively sketchy origin, along with the fact that it was a popular Pokemon to hack.
I definitely wouldn't trade it around on these forums or in the Wi-Fi room on PS!, but since there doesn't seem to be anything directly illegal about the Genesect, I suppose you could keep it to use in Wi-Fi battles where legal hacks are allowed.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That Genesect behaves weirdly in terms of RNG (to the point where several experienced RNGers have failed to do it properly), so that combined with what Sondero said about it being a frequently hacked 'mon lead me to err on the side of caution and call it a likely hack, unless it can be traced back to a reputable source.

I've had this Eevee for quite a while back in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and it was used to get myself a Sylveon about a couple of years ago. But...looking back at it now before this warning of suspicious Wonder Traded Pokemon, I had to do a hack check now.

Species: Eevee
ID No.: 49691
IVs: 30/30/30/30/15/30
EVs (optional): N/A
Ability: Anticipation
Pokemon's name: (Japanese Name)
Level: 60
Pokeball: Luxury Ball
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Baton Pass / Double-Edge / Last Resort / Trump Card
Nature: Calm
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Other comments (optional): Egg received from Day Care helpers on 12/17/2013 and hatched apparently 12/17/2013 on Route 7 so I think what happened was this Eevee in the Egg was transferred to Pokemon X / Y to hatch and then transferred back to ORAS. Also if my memory is correct, she was Level 1 since I started breeding Eevees.

It's still in my Alpha Sapphire game so if the Eevee really is hacked then I'll release it along with sadly, my Sylveon...I should've checked her summary back then...

Last edited:
I just traded from someone this Genesect and wanted to get it checked.

Language: JAP
OT: えいがかん
IVs: HT/31/HT/HT/HT/31
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: ゲノセクト
Pokeball: Cherrish Ball
Pentagon?: non
Moves: Techno Blast, Gear Change, Espeed, Blaze Kick
Region of origin: As shown in the pictures below
Characteristic:
Ribbons: As shown in the pictures below
Other comments (optional): I am a bit irritated by the position of the ribbons because it doesn't seem in Chronological Order

ゲノセクト

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
I just traded from someone this Genesect and wanted to get it checked.

Language: JAP
OT: えいがかん
IVs: HT/31/HT/HT/HT/31
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: ゲノセクト
Pokeball: Cherrish Ball
Pentagon?: non
Moves: Techno Blast, Gear Change, Espeed, Blaze Kick
Region of origin: As shown in the pictures below
Characteristic:
Ribbons: As shown in the pictures below
Other comments (optional): I am a bit irritated by the position of the ribbons because it doesn't seem in Chronological Order

ゲノセクト
Nothing about that is suspicious, imo. Everything seems correct, and the order of ribbons is not something that is changeable by hacking - it's fixed, so the order of ribbons adds no suspicion at all. Overall it certainly looks legal to me :)

One from GTS needs checking please.

Language: FRE
Species: Yveltal
OT: yann
ID No.: 56331
IV: HP, DEF, SPD, and SpD 31 ATK decent Sp.Atk pretty good
Ability: Dark Aura
Name: Yveltal
Level: 80
Pokeball: Masterball
Shiny: No
Pentagon: yes
Moves: Foul Play, Oblivion Wing, Sky Attack, and Focus Blast
Nature: Mild
Region of Origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Alola Champion and Kalos Champion

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
from GTS
Species: Yveltal
IV: HP, DEF, SPD, and SpD 31 ATK decent Sp.Atk pretty good
It looks like a regular playthrough Yveltal, but with modified IVs to make them... worse?
Anyway, gen 6 Legendaries must have a minimum of 3 IVs that are 31, so if what you've said is true then it's a hack/edit and should not be traded here.

It looks like a regular playthrough Yveltal, but with modified IVs to make them... worse?
Anyway, gen 6 Legendaries must have a minimum of 3 IVs that are 31, so if what you've said is true then it's a hack/edit and should not be traded here.
As far as I see, it has 4*31 Ivs and seems ok for me

31/decent/31/pretty good/31/31

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
As far as I see, it has 4*31 Ivs and seems ok for me

31/decent/31/pretty good/31/31
Ah, my bad. I misread (it's still early here haha). If this is the case then yes, there's nothing visibly wrong with it. I still wouldn't trade it here though, due to it being from the GTS.

Last edited:
Good afternoon. I was trying to participate in Das_eisenherz's VGC giveaway, and my Pokémon was sniped. I had asked for a Clefairy, and I received this:

Language: English
Species: Clefairy
OT: Noah
ID No.: 57295
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
Ability: Magic Guard
Pokemon's name: Clefairy
Level: 95
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Moves: Calm Mind/Moonblast/Body Slam/Thunder Wave
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): I was trying to trade for a Clefairy for my Tiny Tourney Evoboost team, and got this. I don't have time to train one myself, and I do not dare use something I believe could be hacked.

If I could have this checked, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably go request another from Eisen, but I am running out of time...

Thanks,
-AV

Good afternoon. I was trying to participate in Das_eisenherz's VGC giveaway, and my Pokémon was sniped. I had asked for a Clefairy, and I received this:

Language: English
Species: Clefairy
OT: Noah
ID No.: 57295
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
Ability: Magic Guard
Pokemon's name: Clefairy
Level: 95
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Moves: Calm Mind/Moonblast/Body Slam/Thunder Wave
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): I was trying to trade for a Clefairy for my Tiny Tourney Evoboost team, and got this. I don't have time to train one myself, and I do not dare use something I believe could be hacked.

If I could have this checked, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably go request another from Eisen, but I am running out of time...

Thanks,
-AV
From what I can gather, it looks legal, at the very least. However, since it is a perfect shiny from the GTS, it's most likely a legal hack. You're probably better off asking Eisen for one again.

I heard that same parents have a 50/50 chance to pass down each ball. Is this true? Because if it is, then this is outdated:

Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, Fast
Everything that can be captured in HG/SS, excluding those only available through PokéWalker/Bug Catching Contest. These are all incompatible with their Hidden Ability.
Edit: This part is definitely outdated thanks to Island Scan:
These Pokémon can only be captured by the following balls: Poké, Great, Ultra, Premier, Repeat, Timer, Nest, Net, Dive, Luxury.

Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile

Last edited:
I just wanted to add on a few more OTs that shows hacked Pokemon:
* AuSLove.TV or AuSLove.TV E (very bad hacks such as shiny Victinis)
* TomBrownYT
* KAMINO
* RoC (seen a lot of times)

There could be more. These are either Youtubers or twitch users that use Wonder Trade and Link Trade to distribute Hacked Pokemons on Festival Plaza.
I have encountered Shiny DBHA Lugia with OT AuSLove.TV and someone has encountered a Shiny Victini with that OT. Regarding TomBrownYT, he is a Youtuber, and he distributes hacks.

I have been going on Festival Plaza looking out for hacked OTs nowadays. Hopes that this information helps. :)

EDIT: Added a few more. :)

Last edited:
May i ask: Is a dive ball Lvl 1 HA male nidoran legal? and where can i find an updated legal balls list that specifies unavailable balls for HA? thanks :)

Back in gen 6 while i was wonder trading I got a shiny 6IV treecko from AuSLove.TV I trained it up to lv.50 and then traded it to sun and moon. After reading through this tread I now assume it's hacked should I just release it or just keep it in my P.C for battles with friends that aren't competitive.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Back in gen 6 while i was wonder trading I got a shiny 6IV treecko from AuSLove.TV I trained it up to lv.50 and then traded it to sun and moon. After reading through this tread I now assume it's hacked should I just release it or just keep it in my P.C for battles with friends that aren't competitive.
Yes, it's hacked. Having it on your save and using it in battles with your friends etc won't harm your game in any way, but trying to trade it (or Pokemon bred using it as a parent) here will get you in a spot of bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)