Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Simple rule of thumb is that if it is too good to be true, it probably is, especially over GTS from randoms. While it is entirely possible to SR or RNG for hexflawless, it would be safer to assume hacked unless there is a very good reason to believe otherwise.

Is possible get a UB with 6 ivs vía RNG?
I get through GTS a Celesteela in Heavy Ball (makes sense) with flawless 6 ivs, I would think it could be hacked, or if there are a chance to get it vía RNG i would accept and use it
It’s very plausible with a little luck. Would suggest you open it in PkHex but even that won’t be 100% conclusive. It will tell you if it’s legally possible to exist or not but won’t tell you if it’s been straight up hacked or not. If it’s legal there’s no reason not to keep for personal use but shouldn’t be traded around as you’ve already been advised.

Is possible get a UB with 6 ivs vía RNG?
I get through GTS a Celesteela in Heavy Ball (makes sense) with flawless 6 ivs, I would think it could be hacked, or if there are a chance to get it vía RNG i would accept and use it
A tell-tale sign the UB has been most likely hacked is if it is a special attacker with 31 IVs in Sp Atk.

BTW the odds of getting a 6 perfect IV legendary with a synchronizer on front are 1 in 62915 (1/32 * 1/32 * 1/32 * 1/2 * 25/24)

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Any Gen 3 ball suggestions for this guy?

I think Dive ball fits for it pretty well color-wise.

A tell-tale sign the UB has been most likely hacked is if it is a special attacker with 31 IVs in Sp Atk.
I'm not sure what you mean here, but in any case, these tell-tale signs don't really help much, as pretty much any IV spread on Ultra Beasts that has 3 or more perfect IVs are questionable at worst but still very possible. The origin of the Pokemon says far more about it, like if it's obtained from a user here without a questionable history, it's likely to not be hacked. While if the furthest you can trace back the Pokemon is from Wondertrade or GTS or such, it's better to be safe than sorry as Detective Barricade and Pilica said.

Any Gen 3 ball suggestions for this guy?
Pardon my ignorance, is this another joke?
I'm not sure what you mean here, but in any case, these tell-tale signs don't really help much, as pretty much any IV spread on Ultra Beasts that has 3 or more perfect IVs are questionable at worst but still very possible. The origin of the Pokemon says far more about it, like if it's obtained from a user here without a questionable history, it's likely to not be hacked. While if the furthest you can trace back the Pokemon is from Wondertrade or GTS or such, it's better to be safe than sorry as Detective Barricade and Pilica said.
What I mean was, say, a Nihilego with 31 IVs in Attack most likely has been hacked by someone lazy that didn't bother to figure out you'd actually want 0 IVs in it.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What I mean was, say, a Nihilego with 31 IVs in Attack most likely has been hacked by someone lazy that didn't bother to figure out you'd actually want 0 IVs in it.
I mean, people can get high Attack IVs on legitimate soft resets. My very first flawless shiny was an Adamant Deerling 31's across the board, even in Special Attack, which it didn't need. Another Shiny I got was a Shieldon with the same set of IVs, while it was a Careful Nature, so it didn't need the 31 in Sp.A, but it still got it.

You shouldn't underestimate that there are people out there that know how to RNG, but knows very little about what IV spreads and such are actually good (I would mention some examples by username, but they probably wouldn't appreciate being mentioned as an examples for that).

IVs are rarely, if ever a good factor to judging whether or not something is Legitimate, Legal or Hacked, now that RNG abuse is a thing for almost every relevant method of obtaining Pokemon. The factor it pays into the judgement of legality is looking at whether the IV spread is possible or not. Sure, it's easier to look at a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Nihileho from Wondertrade and say it's hacked, but really, I wouldn't trade a Nihilego with IV spreads like 31/0/30/31/31/31 or 31/17/31/31/9/22 or even 31/31/18/31/2/16 either, if it was from Wondertrade. You never know if a previous owner for example used it as a test subject for messing around with their hacking tool.

I mean, people can get high Attack IVs on legitimate soft resets. My very first flawless shiny was an Adamant Deerling 31's across the board, even in Special Attack, which it didn't need. Another Shiny I got was a Shieldon with the same set of IVs, while it was a Careful Nature, so it didn't need the 31 in Sp.A, but it still got it.

You shouldn't underestimate that there are people out there that know how to RNG, but knows very little about what IV spreads and such are actually good (I would mention some examples by username, but they probably wouldn't appreciate being mentioned as an examples for that).

IVs are rarely, if ever a good factor to judging whether or not something is Legitimate, Legal or Hacked, now that RNG abuse is a thing for almost every relevant method of obtaining Pokemon. The factor it pays into the judgement of legality is looking at whether the IV spread is possible or not. Sure, it's easier to look at a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Nihileho from Wondertrade and say it's hacked, but really, I wouldn't trade a Nihilego with IV spreads like 31/0/30/31/31/31 or 31/17/31/31/9/22 or even 31/31/18/31/2/16 either, if it was from Wondertrade. You never know if a previous owner for example used it as a test subject for messing around with their hacking tool.
Probably best to just simply not use anything from GTS or WT if you've any reason to suspect it's been messed with and you care about that sort of thing. (at least for battling. Of course one should care if their intent is trading here)

A bit of an update on the HA Alola starters: the Bank distribution for them runs until October 31st of this year.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone clone me their naganadel from smogon ga? I tried to get one yesterday but with little luck.
Feel free to deposit anything to the GTS asking for a level 100 Naganadel and I’ll send it your way.

Please ignore this post. Sadly I realized I ran out of copies.

Last edited:
Need a 5IV Jolly Riolu with Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch. I also need a calm Synchronizer I have a spare 5IV Charmander spitbacks in a Heavy Ball with 4 egg moves.

Good evening all, i had captured a 5 iv bold cress and an adamant lando and now decided to try with a different team requiring jolly and calm natures instead. Willing to swap the ones i have. Also have plenty of other legendary mons and some shines as well. As well as good natured tapus and all that.

Please let me know!

Thank you

LF: Modest HP Ice Zapdos for USUM (nicknamable)

FT: A copy of my shiny Jolly Kartana (nickname Origami but I can change it for whatever you want)

Attachments

Anyone has a female HA Lileep in a Premier, Luxury or Dive ball in gen 6 ? I can offer tons of breedjects.
I'm also looking for a Litten with Nasty Plot. VM or PM me.

Best of luck tracking down the OT.

If not, Kaushik and I discussed an incorrectly region spoofed Shiny Diancie that was erroneously distributed last year. He has since obtained a legal one with proof but his availability looks very sporadic.

Otherwise I have one that meets your requirements if either you or SSJSonikku or Shiraanri need a credible source. Assuming the price is right of course ;)
If you can, just hop into WiFi room of Pokemon Showdown and PM me. It WILL be easier since I don't really use smogon forums except on rare cases. Look for me (Kaushik).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)