SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

As someone who is trying for ribbon master, does anybody know what new ribbons can a transferred mon get? I guess there would be one for beating the Champion, but what are the others and how can you get them?
According to reports, there is only the new obligatory champion ribbon that is available for transfers.

There is a new ribbon for surprise/wonder trade Pokemon that has a slim chance of occurring, but that is not a reasonable ribbon to get for most mons. Some people were speculating that you might be able to do local surprise trade with two devices and hope that eventually your mon gets it, but that still requires further research.

There is also a new mark available based on size values, which Aztec has said is available via NPC, which should make that also a possibility for transferred Mons.

On the whole however, this is either a really bad or really good game for ribbons depending on your perspective. Very easy get all the ribbons and be done lol, but nothing really that spectacular to get which is a letdown.

Is the performance meaningfully better on an OLED switch? I vaguely recall that had some small under the hood changes.
Last I checked, OLED has a bigger screen and slightly more nitid images (in general) but exactly same performance as regular switch since it has same hardware.

Here is the revamped team for Pokemon Scarlet
Unaware Calm Nature Skeledirge
Torch Song
Shadow Ball
Solar Beam
Slack Off

Slush Rush Jolly Nature Cetitan
Ice Spinner
Body Slam
Play Rough
Liquidation

Purifying Salt Adamant Nature Gargancl
Zen Headbutt
Salt Cure
Earthquake
Iron Head

Orichalcum Pulse Adamant Nature Koraidon
Collision Course
Dragon Claw
Flare Blitz
Stomping Tantrum

Mold Breaker Jolly Nature Tinkaton
Gigaton Hammer
Play Rough
Swords Dance
Bulldoze

Unaware Brave Nature Clodsire
Gunk Shot
Earthquake
Liquidation
Rock Tomb

The tweet itself said it's not consistently that bad at all.

And given people could actually beat the game, I'm inclined to believe it. That was straight-up unplayable. :totodiLUL:
If it can make you feel better, i've not witnessed anything that severe while playing through it. It was on a hacked switch so a "regular first generation one".
Sure the loads are awful, and the camera can do funky stuff... but the one thing that I was never bothered by was the FPS, it was always stable with no chokes.

Ofc I don't exclude just having been lucky...

oh goodness me.. this is rough isn't it?

really hoping that we get like an optimisation patch or the rumours of "Switch 2" next year are true and SV runs better on that.. idk, definitely huffing on some copium but as a Gamefreak/Pokemon apologist this is rough even for me.

This is cascading through social media even more than "the tree" so I'm hoping someone genuinely sees it and it gets dealt with

WELP GUESS I'M SAVING BEFORE MY DUNSPARCE LEARNS HYPER DRILL.
If it's like Wurmple where it's based on the encryption constant, then you can't affect the evolution result in any way. It's decided when the pokemon is created.
This is before the day 1 patch, so, yeah expect some performance issues. It's buggy so its bad some might say. I say, it's a video game that is experimental for it's series, of course it's going to be buggy.
The day 1 patch has already been out for preloads/reviewers for a while and this clip is from it.

really hoping that we get like an optimisation patch or the rumours of "Switch 2" next year are true and SV runs better on that.. idk, definitely huffing on some copium but as a Gamefreak/Pokemon apologist this is rough even for me.

This is cascading through social media even more than "the tree" so I'm hoping someone genuinely sees it and it gets dealt with
Sadly the problem is this isn't a Switch issue.
We're not talking of Xenoblade or Bayonetta who are games that have MUCH more shit going on on the screen and still maintain stable 30 almost constantly either.

As I said above... while there are games that are bottlenecked by the Switch, SV isn't one of them. SwSh and SV look like PS3 games, and any graphical issue they have is 100% problematic of the game and not the console.

That said, I stand what I said above
If it can make you feel better, i've not witnessed anything that severe while playing through it. It was on a hacked switch so a "regular first generation one".
Sure the loads are awful, and the camera can do funky stuff... but the one thing that I was never bothered by was the FPS, it was always stable with no chokes.

Ofc I don't exclude just having been lucky...
I don't recall it being THAT bad as the person there puts it.
The only thing that really displeased me were the lenghty loads, but other than that, my experience while playing was relatively smooth.
Textures aren't exactly the best quality either, but I did not notice any weird shenenigans like Onix popping out of nowhere like in SwSh.

This is before the day 1 patch, so, yeah expect some performance issues. It's buggy so its bad some might say. I say, it's a video game that is experimental for it's series, of course it's going to be buggy.
No...this is with the day 1 patch as the person mentions in their many tweets. The day 1 patch doesn't do anything for performance.

Edit: They mentioned this was in handheld mode and docked there's less issues but they do still exist and shouldn't. It also turns out one of the reasons why this might be is Gamefreak trying to render the ENTIRE open world at the same time instead of in portions.

If it's like Wurmple where it's based on the encryption constant, then you can't affect the evolution result in any way. It's decided when the pokemon is created.

The day 1 patch has already been out for preloads/reviewers for a while and this clip is from it.
So I'm just going to have to HOPE I get a 3 segment one when raising my Dunsparce?

F me in the alps... :smogonbird:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
OP said they likely had the patch installed since the game was up-to-date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 16)