NOC Vote n' Veto NOC Mafia - Game Thread [Game Over - Town Win!]

The very annoying thing about this setup is that veto voting on wagons doesn't really work if maf coordinate a vote switch together.

Tommorow is going to be very difficult to win if we don't kill a maf tommorow, let's imagine this situation:

Town has a Vote Power of 4

Town has a Veto Power of 1.5

Mafia has a Vote Power of 3

Mafia has a Veto Power of 1

View attachment 547570

On a first glance, it might appear like Town wins, able to have a 2.5 on maf.

But if they coordinate, they can just switch over

View attachment 547571

Town can't really account for this and try to counteract it either, due to having to coordinate in public here. EoD is going to be especially messy and maf-sided.
Yeah this is what I meant about it being messy as long as the votes are close. Essentially everyone has to be on at deadline and we have to follow any flashwagons, it's really an inconvenient quirk of the system

anyway skips iso is terrible

extreme inconsistency here on pulsar, defending her from celever or whoevers pushes only to randomly flip when mc throws an unexplained vote onto her, tinfoiling a partnership there but then voting pulsar over mc which is odd to me given this post

the implication here is that skip has more of a scumread on mc but chooses pulsar as a vote over him despite her likelihood of being scum being more narrow than mcs. and throughout the entire phase, skip NEVER actually votes mc that i spotted at least. and in this post made today as opposed to the rest of this being day 1

skip seems to have completely dropped the pulsar/mc theory, instead choosing to hone in on me specifically and only really pushing me at all so far while throwing pulsar in as a partner option in a way that imo feels pretty half hearted. skips reading of me in general is just way more detailed than his read on mc which is odd given youd expect a similar amount of suspicion towards the two of us. skip exactly whats bothering him about me in this game and what he feels is a difference in my playstyle, but he NEVER explains anything about what pings him about mcs play other than the throwaway comment about him not giving reads. theres his readlist which contains this

and thats it. theres no thoroughline of thinking that i can follow here it doesnt make sense
I don't really think that skip was being especially inconsistent about pulsar at the time but agree it's weird he's pivoted onto you here.

Emcee you said you were gonna put in effort and you came back with theory/setup stuff instead of reads. What are your reads rn?

About to get back into it, wish me luck for the 3-0

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Emcee you said you were gonna put in effort and you came back with theory/setup stuff instead of reads. What are your reads rn?

About to get back into it, wish me luck for the 3-0
Read wise, Skipp's at the top, after him it's probably you atm, don't have a ton to explain it rn but will try to after I finish some more theory/setup stuff

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
During D1 pulsar said she townread Emcee, I have no idea if that's still true. Is it, pulsar?

Crushing it 2-0 at the prerelease so far and have some time here
oh nice hows WOE feeling

uh i don't really have a strong read on emcee but as time has gone on i have distrusted him more and more i think

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
If we don't kill maf tn, this is how mafia Voting Power / Veto Power looks:

1693623766729.png

This accounts for every possible scum combination, I wanna try averaging this out to see our chances tmrw, by comparing all of these in an ordered list. The main trouble is Skipp, because it creates a 50/50 scenario on wether or not we vote for him, so I'll state it as two different amounts.

Ordered, the list looks like this, detailing the best case scenario for a scumteam, to the worst case scenario:

1693623809851.png

So the Median amount of Vote/Veto Power Mafia currently has is 3/1

Gonna do some more math, probably tommorow to figure out what the median town Power is tommorow, to figure out if we usually win as town or not in a myslynch scenario tn.

Emcee it's really not worth worrying about the specific vote math per scum pair beyond realizing that it's really annoying to deal with pretty much all the time. Lynching off of that info is also pretty irrelevant because the reward is equal to the risk, taking a mayor away from town is just as inconvenient for us as taking away a mayor from mafia is for them. The point is really just to lynch correctly today. And spending time and brainpower beyond that is just busywork, really. Beyond that your math always has skipp doubling taken into account which is definitely not always the case in a 3v2 scenario from either side.

Wilds of Eldraine is actually pretty fun, yeah. Got the 3-0 in the end. Pulsar, what about Emcee's behavior has caused your read to change? What are the main factors in your prior town read and how have those factors either changed or gone away?

Alright, I'm headed to bed now.

It's like squeezing blood from a stone with this thread. Since earlier today, psy has solidified his townread from me, and Hydro and pulsar have come down a bit largely on being willing/not to volunteer any opinions of their own initiative. Emcee's mathing at this point in the game I feel is busywork which makes itself look like legitimate effort, pumping out this much NAI text is having the opposite effect on me.

Vote prio is now probably Emcee, skip, Hydro=pulsar, Celever, Psy. Hopefully I'll have more to respond to when I wake up.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
brought to u by
Emcee it's really not worth worrying about the specific vote math per scum pair beyond realizing that it's really annoying to deal with pretty much all the time. Lynching off of that info is also pretty irrelevant because the reward is equal to the risk, taking a mayor away from town is just as inconvenient for us as taking away a mayor from mafia is for them. The point is really just to lynch correctly today. And spending time and brainpower beyond that is just busywork, really. Beyond that your math always has skipp doubling taken into account which is definitely not always the case in a 3v2 scenario from either side.

Wilds of Eldraine is actually pretty fun, yeah. Got the 3-0 in the end. Pulsar, what about Emcee's behavior has caused your read to change? What are the main factors in your prior town read and how have those factors either changed or gone away?
i think hes started to contribute less? helps that others are also suspecting him a little more
im really just going off vibes here

-Of Emcee Celever and psy idk who if any on Zippy was bad. I did think the logic made sense and it was convincing to others so it's really a tough call. If it's Emcee/pulsar that EoD makes some sense, if it's Psy Maf/Town Celever/Town Emcee it makes some amount of sense, too.
what was the logic again- in neighborchat pulsar and i just thought he mightve just been too annoying
i'll go read eod again after i catch up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)