[PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING] LC Analysis Reservation Thread [PLEASE, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING]

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hilariously I suppose I count as a high priority writer through categories a. and b. so I can do Firium Ponyta - I'm pretty familiar with it and I'll have it done quickly.

Approved -Nineage

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking to reserve Substitute/Berry Juice Wingull, it doesn't have a set yet.
Personally I think it’s more of an Other Option. Wingull’s main job is to tear through teams, and Berry Juice doesn’t help that fact at all, and although Substitute does give it a free attack, I don’t find it worth it. I guess it helps it beat scarfers, but if you through a list of common scarfers every one either wouldn’t try and revenge kill anyway (Mienfoo), can just live a not boosted hit (Chinchou, Pawniard, Vullaby, Magnemite), or some uncommon ones have good multihit moves anyway (Shellder, our lord and savior Alolan Sandshrew). Personally I see no purpose of running Sub-Wingull outside of “Secret Tech” that ironically loses to Pikipek.

E: just saw that that was the set used for the facebook spotlight, wtf Xayah that's not the primary set >_>

Last edited:
h0w3an ur missing the point of sub, its to ease prediction against a mon that you force out, also sub bj is nice for recovery because roost is really passive. i'm not sure it needs a separate set either but it's definitely not just for scarfers.

h0w3an ur missing the point of sub, its to ease prediction against a mon that you force out, also sub bj is nice for recovery because roost is really passive. i'm not sure it needs a separate set either but it's definitely not just for scarfers.
Ya I wasn't meaning to say it was always bad but I think we can leave this to a Substitute slash next to Knock Off, a set details mention to Berry Juice, and 2 lines in usage stats a full set isn't necessary.

E: wrote this with Elec on Discord as an example of 2 lines for usage stats:
[4:09 PM] Chimchar is a Legend: Try using Substitute on predicted switches to ease the burden of predictions. Additionally, if using Berry Juice in tandem with Substitute, using Substitute can lower you HP under the 50% threshold to give you the advantage in certain situations.

[4:10 PM] Chimchar is a Legend: that good?

[4:10 PM] [yung link main] new funky mode: yea

Last edited:
If it's not taken yet, I'd like to reserve the BJ Thief Koffing please. EDIT : And LO Snover please. SInce they are two sets and not two complete analysis, even if I'm new I feel like I can do it. If you judge I can choose only one, I'll take the BJ Thief Koffing.

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Could I reserve Frillish?

(Also, if I contribute in multiple forums, will I still get a ladybug?)
Frillish is not currently up for reservation. In the future, please check the OP of this thread to see what is available to reserve (hint: not much right now). If you think you know a Frillish set thats worthy of being on the on-site analysis but isnt there right now, feel free to pm me.

Also, ladybug can be given across forums if your analyses are high enough quality in each. However, I would focus more on getting to know metagames before writing analyses rather than jumping into a bunch of metagames just for some pixels. Hope I helped!

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...lysis-reservation-thread.3589503/post-7132811

Second post in the thread, but it's admittedly not very noticeable right now because the list of mons is so short; I'll edit the OP to make it more clear.
I have a pretty good Shroomish set even if it's not on the list. It could be viable, it just needs the right tools. I use Protect, Giga drain, Spore, and Synthesis. Protect first turn, (poison heal ability, Toxic orb item)

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a pretty good Shroomish set even if it's not on the list. It could be viable, it just needs the right tools. I use Protect, Giga drain, Spore, and Synthesis. Protect first turn, (poison heal ability, Toxic orb item)
Why exactly would I use this over Foongus? Poison Heal is not enough to make up for no Eviolite and no Regenerator and no Fighting resistance. Shroomish is way too niche to get an analysis.

Can I reserve this set or is it too gimmick or weak or bad or whatever ?

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

I mean this is Defog WA Vull, and since in other analysises there are mentions of this set, I found good to put it in.

Reservation Index

Reservation priority will be handled on a first come, first serve basis.

You may have up to two LC analyses reserved or in progress at any given time, if we feel you are qualified.

Some Pokemon are only available to be reserved by more experienced LC players and analysis writers to ensure quality in major analyses. This is not to encourage poor analysis writing, as analyses that are deemed too much effort to fix to reach our quality standards will be rejected. A lot of people will be reading your work, so try your best to make your analysis helpful!

If you're unsure about whether an analysis has already been reserved, you can search up the Pokemon's name in this thread.

Top importance:
These analyses can only be reserved by QC members, as well as users who have earned a ladybug or contributor badge primarily through their LC C&C work.

High importance:
These analyses can only be reserved by users who meet any of the following:
a. QC members and LC contributors/ladybugs;
b. users who have written an LC analysis in the past, AND participated in LCPL 2016, LCPL 2015, or SPLC;
c. users who have been granted permission, on a case by case basis, to write high priority analyses.
If you are interested in writing a high priority analysis, do not meet any of the above qualifications, and would like to be added to the list of approved users, you may send a PM to OP and Nineage explaining why you believe you should be granted permission.

Dewpider
NP Spritzee
Firium Z Physical Ponyta

Medium importance:
These analyses can be reserved by anybody who has not had an LC analysis rejected previously.

Low importance:
These analyses can be reserved by anybody who has not had an LC analysis rejected within the past month.
Can I take oddish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)