SM OU Sandy Bois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

So, back at this RMT bot thing for another RMT. Made this a while back, and have been testing it. Behold my Sandy Bois

Teambuilding Process

So, as you all know, T-Tar is super popular right now. And due to my love of sand teams(literally all my RMTs have been so far), I decided to make a Mega T-Tar team

Keldeo is a really good support, and takes on stuff like Lando, ferrothorn, and etc. that love to come in on t-tar. T-tar in return traps things that Keldeo doesn't like dealing with.

So, although the team will have a speedy sand sweeper, I felt like it was a good idea to add an extra revenge killer. Kartana seemed really nice here.

Steela is here as a defensive Backbone, as well as being able to switch directly into a lot of physical threats and sweepers, such as landorus.

So, Tang and Steela form a good wall backbone, and give me good options for damage sponging

Excadrill is my main man, the star. He does damage, and crushes anything with a +2 LO boosted attack

The Team

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
T-Tar is a sand setter, and a good SR and pursuiter

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
Keldeo is a solid partner for T-Tar, and the 2 can really do work together

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Defog
Kart is the RE, and it can clutch defog if I need it too

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
Steela forms a great core with Tang, and walls everything

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
See Steela.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
Ex does insane work, and it a dependable sweeper and breaker. It can even perform as a semi-cleaner

Conclusion

One thing i do notice is I have a lot of set up, and a big fire weakness. Suggestions are appreciated.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Have you thought of using AV tapu bulu instead of AV tangrowth, i think its grassy terrain would realy help t-tar and Kartana but can be a nuisance for excadrill weakaning its earthquake

That would make sense, however Tang's place with Steela is a solid backbone for sponging damage. It's an interesting Idea. Does the terrain affect the mon using the move, or does it apply directly to the move? Like if I had exca on an air balloon, would it negate the terrain's damage lowering?

That would make sense, however Tang's place with Steela is a solid backbone for sponging damage. It's an interesting Idea. Does the terrain affect the mon using the move, or does it apply directly to the move? Like if I had exca on an air balloon, would it negate the terrain's damage lowering?
Earthquake's damage would still be reduced when a non-grounded foe uses it, which is nice against Landorus-T, but not too great for Excadrill, this is pretty easy to play around though. I would also say Bulu is better because terrain will also boost Kartana's already insane damage on Leaf Blade. Other than terrain Bulu also has better type synergy, earning neutrality to Bug and resistance to Dark and Fighting and an immunity to Dragon, with the trade off being 4x weak to Poison rather than two, however Celesteela is immune to this anyway and you become neutral to steel rather than resist, but again Steela resists that anyway. It also has way more offensive presence which is nice for an Assualt Vest user, in trade for Regenerator.

Also I would write more in the descriptions before the thread gets locked for not being detailed enough. Descriptions should say why x and y have good synergy (eg Keldeo and Tyranitar here) and why that is important for the team, also why you decide to use certain moves and why that works for the team, for example why Fire Punch on Tyranitar, it may seem obvious to you but it makes the whole thought process behind the team clearer if you do this for every mon.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at RMTs in Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)