Smogon Forums

Player-0
Player-0
I recently gained acesss to adobe products. Before that I used gimp and inkscape for years. There is no reason that anyone couldn't replicate what I did in those programs.
Regime
Regime
ah. do you use a tablet for your work?
Player-0
Player-0
Yes. I mostly use I'm digital paintings
Player-0
Player-0
* use them in
Regime
Regime
Ah. this fucking tablet is getting in the way of eveything..
Player-0
Player-0
You don't need one. How much experience do you have with digital graphics?
Regime
Regime
not much. ive done GFX, but that aint what we're talking about. i just wanna get down the basics for making logos and tournament desgsins etc.
Player-0
Player-0
A tablet is only a tool. Just out of curiosity what software are you using now?

I was in a situation, probably, where you are. Before worrying about making logos or anything else you should check out the following link. Check out everything in the post. It develop the fundamentals. Even if you feel like you have them down a review is always nice.

http://justcreative.com/2008/06/13/how-to-design-learn-the-basics/
Regime
Regime
ok. i have photoshop, and have SAI, inkscape etc.
Regime
Regime
The article was very informative. Where should i start. like, idk what tools to use etc. and what to make. what to use to make them etc.
Player-0
Player-0
Awesome. Just be sure to checkout that link. if you want other resources like those I have tons of bookmarks(some of which I need to read/review myself)
Player-0
Player-0
Do you know how to get to the smergale studio IRC? We could probably have a quicker more productive conversation there.
Regime
Regime
Yeah. Can you give me like any ideas on what tools on which programs to use, and what to make for practice?
Regime
Regime
oh yes. ill hop on RIGHT NOW
Player-0
Player-0
I can try.