Smogon Forums

WastedSkyPirate
WastedSkyPirate
I know right. Blast from the past.
Laurel
Laurel
Some of us still reminisce about Regileague around once a month. Would probably make you happy to know Heist, Cloud Strife (Bro Fist), BKC, Sweepage (Masterclass), Blue Tornado are still around. Zak91 just made a post out of nowhere too. I need redemption though for all the times you smashed me in Gen 4 though ;)
WastedSkyPirate
WastedSkyPirate
Oh awesome. Yeah we had good fun with the Regi League. I think I randomly made a post there a week or so ago.

Good to know some of the old crew are around still. I still talk to Zack a fair amount (he's breeding like a madman for XY Wifi but still not had a battle) and also talk to Omar occasionally.

Have you been playing XY OU on Showdown? That's what I'm up to these days.
Laurel
Laurel
Yeah I'm on Showdown pretty frequently under some alt names practicing for OST, and just laddering. I definitely like XY more than BW, just a lot more diversity in what you can use.
WastedSkyPirate
WastedSkyPirate
Oh sweet. Yeah I've been laddering but not under any alt since I haven't really looked at any tournaments yet. Probably a stupid question but what is OST (Official Smogon Tournament?) and when is it? Would be nice to be involved.
Laurel
Laurel
Laurel
Laurel
It is all XY OU as of now, 8 starters, 12 players a country. If you want to get your name back out there Smogon Tour is every weekend, 6 PM GMT -4 on Friday, 4 PM GMT -4 on Saturday, 2 PM GMT -4 on Sundays. This weekend is DPP OU :) If you get enough points accumulated through certain weeks you can make it to the top 16, which then goes to a playoff format. (you can read more in the Smogon Tour thread)
Laurel
Laurel
I don't know if you remember but Zak91 won this a couple years ago. As for other tournaments, random tournaments happen pretty frequently just check the Tournaments board on Smogon. If you want to make youtube videos again, I'm sure Joey (PokeaimMD) http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/aim.53807/ would be happy to help. (I know he'll at least battle, which is a good start cuz he has like 40k subs)