Smogon Forums

Gurren Swagann
Gurren Swagann
I like the series but I've only seen G1, animated and the movies :(
Kurona
Kurona
Animated is... proooooobably the best of the shows to be honest. I only say 'probably' because it's pretty much drawn with Beast Wars for me, they're both really good.
Gurren Swagann
Gurren Swagann
I need to watch more of the shows I think. I heard Prime was REALLY good. I almost feel guilty for sort of enjoying the Bay movies...
Kurona
Kurona
I mean, you like what you like. I think they're terrible movies (aside from the first one which I do think has more merit than the others), but if you enjoy them, you enjoy them.
Prime is really good, but there's a few things to it - especially towards the end - that kiiiiiinda degrade it in my opinion. Still easily worth watching though, easily one of the best shows.

As I said though my interest is mostly in the current IDW comics, for me they're... just on a whole other level of quality and storytelling compared to most other media. Sounds bizarre but a lot of critics have said they actually manage to be some of the best modern comics - period-.
Gurren Swagann
Gurren Swagann
I'm not even sure why I enjoy them, I know they are awful but my love for giant fighting robots makes them watchable.

Is there any good place to read the comics? I'm not really a big reader but I've heard good things from you describing it and a guy on Youtube so it must be good.