Smogon Forums

Lego
Lego
Dude that's awesome to hear! Congratulations! If it has the right PID then it'll always have the right stats and nature, but I get that it's always nice to double check :p
But yeah if you have any more Q's then feel free to let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability, and I'll try and write up a better explanation of the frame thing soon :)
But yeah, congrats!
Inkblot
Inkblot
again, thank you for helping me out with this. i do have one question on the topic of noisy areas. is there anything i should be aware of when rng abusing something in a noisy area? i am gonna try and do ledyba next, which i think is in a noisy area, and one of the pokemon i really want to nab, ralts, i think is also in one. i know its slightly harder to rng abuse in noisy areas, so i just wanted to ask if there is anything that i would need to know.
Lego
Lego
From what I can tell Ledyba is quiet, but I know for a fact that Ralts is noisy. Basically, the process is exactly the same, but it's a little more like emerald - every time you advance a video frame, the PRNG frame will also advance. You'll probably want to go into your control settings and bind "Advance Frame" to something like "\", to make it easier to advance by a single video frame.
Inkblot
Inkblot
cool! thank you for the advice!
Inkblot
Inkblot
i have another question. the shadow pokemon used by the hexagon brothers? if you don't rng abuse them the first time around, can you rng abuse them the next time you fight them? as i noticed shadow mareep has A LOT more possible spreads if you battle it in the post game.
Inkblot
Inkblot
i'd assume so if rng reporter gives you options to chose those encounters, but i just wanted to check to be sure.
Lego
Lego
I'm honestly not sure on that one - I am however up to Phenac on my current playthrough, so I can check as soon as tonight. If I don't get around to it for whatever reason then I can also ask CollectorTogami or Admiral_Fish, and check if they know.
Inkblot
Inkblot
it might be if you don't fight yellow six at cipher lair or in phenac, you can generate mareep in the post game with the additional seeds. just in case, i won't fight yellow six till the post game, as in the post game it says mareep has a modest hidden power ice spread that i want to nab.
Inkblot
Inkblot
ok, so i am trying to rng abuse seedot, and i am having an issue. it seems some of the frames are "sticky" in that i try to advance a ton of frames, but i keep getting the same one over and over again. i was at something like 113718, and i would advance using idle animations and entering the PDA menu, and it would stay there for a while, before suddenly advancing to 1137922, and then back to 113771, and then back to 1137922. does it have to do with its slot? and if so how do i hit my desired frame?
Inkblot
Inkblot
also, i wanted to ask if what shadow pokemon are in noisy areas, as i am planing on rng abusing as many shadow pokemon as i can.
Inkblot
Inkblot
i seem to be having the same problem with shadow gulpin. i keep getting stuck on frames, and then skiping over them.
Lego
Lego
That's the odd/even nature lock thing again that I mentioned earlier. Only worry about the odd frames your hitting if your target is odd, or the even ones if your target is even.
I don't have a list of which ones are noisy, I've just been working it out as I go. Compiling something like that wouldn't be a bad idea though, maybe I'll do that sometime.
Oh, and I couldn't check the hexagon thing because I already caught all their mons ;-; I'll ask someone about it when I next see them.
Inkblot
Inkblot
the thing though is that my frame was even. it would jump from frame 1137812 to frame 1137922, so by that logic i would have missed my frame. should i have kept advancing, or did i miss it? as i tried 2 different seeds and the same thing happened.
Inkblot
Inkblot
ok, the issue might have been i forgot to tick shadows when generating for nuzleaf. i am going to try again with gulpin though as i know i hit shadows on that one.
Inkblot
Inkblot
ok, so i tried rng abusing seedot again, and i am having the same issue. my frame gets stuck at one point, then advances forward, and then back again. i have no idea if i have passed my frame or not. i am going for even frames, but i will get even frames going all over the place as well and i really don't know where i am at. i am really confused, as i haven't had this issue with the other mons.
Inkblot
Inkblot
ok, so i finally got a seedot. i am still concerned with this issue, but it seems that changing to a different seed can somewhat fix this issue.
Inkblot
Inkblot
having a list of the noisy areas in XD would be nice. i am in cipher lab, and i noticed that a couple areas inside the lab are noisy. i have been able to manage, but it would be great to know ahead of time which pokemon would have to be rng abused in noisy areas. i also wanted to ask if in noisy areas, do frames advance in cut-scenes? i am just thinking ahead to mawile, voltorb, zangoose and nosepass, as if frames advance in cutscenes, then that would be good to know for them if applicable.
Inkblot
Inkblot
Can you explain a little bit more about that thing about the how XD switches between even and odd frames? I am trying to rng abuse Carvahna, and because of that switching, i seem to either be missing my frame, or not accurately being able to tell what frame i am on. is there a way to manipulate it, as at times i can rng fine, but then i get issues where my frame seems to jump all over the place and i have to give up on that seed.
Inkblot
Inkblot
also sorry for bugging you with all these questions. I am just trying to figure out XD rng and all it entails, so if i am being a bit demanding i am sorry.
Lego
Lego
Yeah I'm working on an explanation - sorry it's taking so long. Got caught up with a lot of school and other stuff recently, so this has kinda fallen to a lower priority. I am working on it though, so expect it soon :)