Smogon Forums

Inkblot
Inkblot
it says that rng reporter doesn't account for shiny TID and SID changes, so could it be that maybe the game would have generated a shiny and it messed with the rng to prevent that?
Lego
Lego
Antishiny advances two extra frames, so if what you hit wasn't two frames after what your target was in the main window, then it wasn't that,
Just out of interest, what Pokemon are you trying to abuse, what is your initial seed and what frame is your target spread on?
Inkblot
Inkblot
Voltorb. Initial Seed: 68A056FB. Target Seed: 6B5B7BB0. Seed I got when Advancing: 5C8627E1, Bold, 27/9/4/29/31/1.
Inkblot
Inkblot
I seem to be running into this issue a lot, as i just tried to go for a different iv spread and the same thing happened. i kept hitting a nature and iv spread that RNG reporter said i shouldn't be able to hit, as it didn't come up on the list of possible spreads the game would generate. It also seemed that this is happening when i would be hitting the seed i was going for, as in both the case i mentioned above, and in this one, the mystery spread seemed to pop up just as i was about to hit my target seed. I don't know what it going on, but it seems the game simply won't generate the target seed i am trying to hit.
Inkblot
Inkblot
well, i finally managed to hit a seed. its not a flawless one, buts its pretty close. its Hidden power ice, modest, with the only flawed iv being a 29 in sp def, so overall a pretty good voltorb.
Lego
Lego
tbh I think that's probably more of an issue with Voltorb than an issue with Reporter, as I too had some major problems with trying to RNG Voltorb (to the point where I just took a save backup and skipped it haha, maybe I'll try it again later).
Inkblot
Inkblot
i was actually wondering, do you know how to rng abuse duking's trade pokemon? i want to rng abuse them as i already got a surskit and trapinch in my run.
Lego
Lego
I have honestly got no idea. I would suggest that you find a way to get in touch with Collector Togami (try IRC or Discord, he doesn't come around here much) and ask him - he's the only person that I know of that's done it. I imagine it's somewhat similar to a 0NL pokemon, but I don't know when that spread itself is generated and what the restrictions are.
Inkblot
Inkblot
you wouldn't know a way to manipluate when the game starts generating shadow pokemon on odd or even frames would you? cause that seems to be the issue i keep running into when i miss frames. no matter what i do i can't seem to make the game change when it decided to generate on certain frames, so i end up getting into situations where just as i am getting close to my target frame, the game switches and i end up not being able to hit my frame as i am not on the correct type.
Lego
Lego
Viewing a Pokemon's summary screen for a few seconds can switch the frames from Odd to Even, and vice versa (fsr Duskull doesn't work though). Beyond that though I believe it's random as to when they switch.
Inkblot
Inkblot
i have tried that in the past and it seems that the rng will end up changing on its own anyway. i guess i'll have to just stick with other seeds.
Lego
Lego
I just asked about the DUKING trade Pokemon, apparently (as far as my sources understand) there's no Nature Lock but they're not supported by the time finder (so you can just use the standard Colo\XD method in the main window to find spreads). They're NOT shiny locked, so they can be shiny, but they use either your TID and DUKING's SID, or DUKING's TID and your SID (you'd have to research that yourself). Also not sure on when exactly the spread is generated, so you'd also have to research that.
Inkblot
Inkblot
i could probably just save scum with save stats till i figured out when the spread was generated, but thanks! i'll try and rng abusing them!
Inkblot
Inkblot
also i just finished up ONBS. moving on to phenac now. rng abused my ralts, which was my main prize. now moving onto other pokemon! i wanna thank you again for all your help! never would i have dreamed i would be able to rng abuse gale of darkness, and now here i am like 25 pokemon into it! thanks a ton!
Lego
Lego
No problem man, glad you're getting the hang of it and congrats on the Ralts!
Inkblot
Inkblot
hey, do you have any tips for RNG abusing zangoose? i am trying to rng abuse it, but i always seem to miss my frame. the noise is really hard to work with here, so do you have any tips that might help me out?
Lego
Lego
Zangoose is notoriously difficult to do, and I haven't personally done it so can't really give any tips. Briefly viewing the summary of a nonshadow can "reseed" the noise causing it to change, so my advice would be to pick a seed that's a decent way away from your target frame and then try to "calibrate" by reseeding the noise at different times until you hit your target. Good luck!
Inkblot
Inkblot
so, after a lot of trial and error, i managed to rng abuse zangoose. i got a jolly nature with a flawless spread (well, minus like 1 or 2 30 ivs). he is hidden power ground, which will help a lot with using her in gen 3 at the very least. anyway, i wanted to ask since you are probably way ahead of me, what areas did you find were noisy? also do you have any tips for any hard rng's that might be coming up in the future?
Lego
Lego
I'm still way back in phenac trying to get Swinub, ahah (haven't had much time for RNG recently due to excessive school workload). It's not tough to test if an area is noisy though, just stand there and see if the pRNG advances on its own. If it does, then it's noisy, if not then it's quiet. As for other tips, I've taught you pretty much everything I know, and can't think of anything else that would help. I'm more than happy to try and answer any questions that you have in the future, but I think your knowledge pretty much rivals mine, now.
Inkblot
Inkblot
do you know the Memory Adresses for the players party pokemon? i am trying to rng abuse togepi and i have no way to check its stats.