Smogon Forums

Eisenherz
Eisenherz
You can soft-reset, and if the last point you saved at was before accepting any of the 8 eggs, the seed that 3DS RNG Tool has given you you should actually be the one you're at (you will be at frame 0 of the seed).
Mega Metal
Mega Metal
Ah, okay! I was wondering because I saved before doing that method and I wasn't sure if soft-resetting would mess it up for a breeding project I'd actually want to do.
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
It won't, but I would breed just one test egg before to be sure the result matches and your seed is correct. You can save before the test if you want and then soft-reset after, so you don't have to advance to a different seed/status.
Mega Metal
Mega Metal
Thank you for the tip and the guide!
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
No problem, don't hesitate if you have more questions!
Mega Metal
Mega Metal
Hey, would the 8 egg method still work if I soft-reset/quit my game after the initial testing? Because after that testing phase, I tried to breed parents for an HP Fire Abra with the Hidden Abilities completely different than from the 3DSRNG Reporter.
Eisenherz
Eisenherz
Yes, as long as your saving point is before you had accepted any egg, you can still use the 8 eggs method (it should result in the very same seed every time, though).
Mega Metal
Mega Metal
Ah, okay! I wanted to make sure that it was correct. I noticed that I get the same results each time, but it doesn't match from the tool. (In this case, I tried to focus on HP Fire IVs even if they weren't perfect and instead consistently got HP Dragon.)