「AMV」When Weebs Fiddle w/ Editors

akaFila

butterscotch love

What's an "AMV"?
AMV serves as an acronym for "Anime Music Video." Such are developed through the use of various video editing software and mashing together assorted clips of subject matters[Varied anime in this case]. As expected of a 'music video' AMV's are built around a general song or soundtrack befitting of the video material. The extravagance and technicality holds an extreme range. There may be some simple as can be while others will be stuffed to the brim with effects and transitioning spark. Some play to vocal soundtracks to make use of general dialogue in order to heighten the effects of the video. They may be happy, humorous, sappy, saddening, action-packed, motivational, etc..
There's quite an array to explore.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Feel free to share your favorites and discuss anything pertaining to the subject. What you like about AMV, what you hate, etc...
Rate those others post, drop one to be rated yourself. Nothing like friendly competition among the weebs fighting to post the best AMV for dominance ;)

To kick it off...

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
AMVs are one of those weird relics from the early days of Youtube that just never seemed to die off for some reason. I don't understand the appeal, or at least, I don't understand how there's so much appeal for them to last this long.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
AMVs are one of those weird relics from the early days of Youtube that just never seemed to die off for some reason. I don't understand the appeal, or at least, I don't understand how there's so much appeal for them to last this long.
thanks for the contribution young dramps

anyway this is my favourite AMV, captures the absolute intensity of evangelion (you probably shouldnt watch it without seeing EVA first)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My favorite is
Song is great, series is great, and they really fit together well. Also I'll watch just about any dbz x linkin park.

I also feel like I see a lot fewer AMVs with multiple series? Now there are just AMVs for a particular show. But maybe I'm wrong, I don't follow AMVs too closely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)