1v1 - The Old Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nominating Excadrill for B ~ B- Rank.
Has a few viable sets, most notably Groundium Z, Steelium Z, Rockium Z, and potentially a choice scarf or band set as well.
Excadrill has one of the best abilities in the 1v1 metagame, Mold Breaker, which allows it to break through mons with sturdy without fear of counter or other shenanigans.

There's definitely better sets out there, but this one's just an example:

Excadrill @ Groundium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Magnet Rise
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb/Iron Head

Pokemon that it beats most of the time: Mega Mawile, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Aegislash, Magearna, Metagross (cos they usually run slow bulky ones if I'm not mistaken), Mimikyu, Donphan, Crustle, Golem, Magnezone, Porygon Z, Scarf Genesect or slow Specs, Meloetta, Primarina, Aggron, slow Landorus.

Pokemon that it can beat sometimes: Dragonite (Rockium Z OHKOs with Mold Breaker), MegaSableye (toxic with mold breaker), Snorlax (depends on sleep turns or if you want to run sub)
It’s just either too weak or too slow most of the time. I’ve tried to make it work, you just sorta lose to things you have good type matchups against. Like if you predict the Charizard form wrong with this set you manage to lose to Charizard with a Ground type. Moldbreaker doesn’t seem that useful to me aside from against Mimikyu. It seems overshadowed by Golem, Lando-T, and Donphan. I’m not sure it belongs in the same tier as great Pokémon like Meloetta, Ferrothorn, and Genesect. I could see it in the C or C- ranks.

I know what some of you may think when reading this. I'm gonna attempt to push the following:

Scizor-Mega D -> C-

Scizor was likely placed in the D tier due to its notable fire type weakness. Its speed can hold it back often, and some attacks can overwhelm it. Its stab combo is also rather resisted. However, since it is so under used in the meta, the majority probably does not know/respect its stats:

Scizor-Mega
Typing: Bug/Steel
Ability: Technician

HP: 70
Attack: 150
Defense: 140
Sp. Atk: 65
Sp. Def: 100
Speed: 75

Mega Scizor has the attack power of Zekrom and is a bit more defensive than Skarmory. It is most known for its technician boosted Bullet Punch, which is essentially using a 90 BP move with +1 in the priority bracket. I used this move in combination with swords dance + technician + stab boosted Bug Bite to confirm many wins.

Scizor's movepool is rather shallow; although it lacks a ground/rock option, it has what it needs. Its weak moves are essentially useable thanks to technician. It has access to swords dance, iron defense, roost, and even morning sun.

The issue is actually getting Scizor a good matchup. The meta is infested with Charizard, and Hidden Power fire can come out of nowhere (Jirachi, Tapu Fini, and even Venusaur). It's possible to gamble it with a team containing anti-fire/anti-charizard but if a fire types come out you can pretty much forfeit.

Next I will provide my set, and some calcs

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 16 Def / 88 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Details:
EVs: 44 Speed lets it outrun Mega Venusaur and anything slower. 252HP/16Def/88SpD lets it survive Specs Greninja's Hydro Cannon with just 3 HP remaining, in which it can Bug Bite during the attack and recharge turn, and Gigavolt havoc from Tapu Koko. The remainder was invested into attack for power.

Moves: Bullet punch has a decent BP (90) thanks to technician and stab and is highly spammable against those who do not resist it, given its priority. Bug bite hits hard and the additional affect can mess up some strategies, such as ChestoRest Furfrou. Swords Dance boosts attack 2 stages and can hit very hard if Scizor can get the boost. Substitute is last, mainly to stop camping strategies and Yawn -> Protect Snorlax.

Defending:

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Cannon vs. 236 HP / 88 SpD Scizor-Mega: 286-337 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Scizor-Mega in Electric Terrain: 291-343 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Scizor-Mega: 181-214 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Attacking:

+2 108+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 250-295 (88.9 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

108+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie-Mega: 300-352 (98.6 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+1 108+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gyarados-Mega: 456-536 (115.7 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Scizor may be powerful and have decent stats, but his typing holds it back often due to the high fire usage. I personally think C- is a better spot because it has a small niche against some camping strategies and rock/ice/fairy. Mega scizor can beat a few mons with a single bullet punch, such as Archeops, Mega Diancie, and Pheromosa. Bullet punch can also beat Flail Mega-Lopunny with its priority.

If they don't carry fire moves like overheat/hidden power fire, it can also bug bite Mew, set up against Mega Altaria, and substitute + set up on Mega Venusaur. Substitute can also help against Swampert and Ferrothorn. If your opponent mega evolves their Gyarados, +1 Bug Bite kills it, and Scizor can tank any Dragon Dance boosted attack from it.

However, make sure to inspect for Charizard, Genesect, Heatran, Marowak, Blaziken, and Victini because they can easily OHKO Scizor. It also struggles against Landorus-T, weakness policy Avalugg, Celesteela, and Jumpluff/Whimsicott.

To conclude, Scizor can prove a threat in-battle, but is essentially a gamble to use, because your opponent can surprise it, but so can Scizor.
I’m not sure having a 31% chance of countering a Pokémon you’re specifically trying to counter is really a point in a mon’s favor. Fire Pokémon and fire coverage are everywhere, even hp fire. I think Scizor is fine where it is. That’s a solid set, though. I like it a lot.

It's now or never.

I would like to preface this by saying that Mega Latias should be ranked in C- or C. The CM + Roost + Charm/Draco Meteor + Stored Power set puts in work V.S. quite a few prominent threats due to huge bulk and solid speed tier. But to be frank, the only reason I'm making THIS nomination is so I can use it to support my main nomination:

View attachment 89534
Musharna: Unranked ---> C-

Oh, Musharna, you sleepy little beast. What started out as a stupid joke as a result of playing a bit too much PU rapidly escalated into one of my favorite mons in 1v1, turning me from a mid/high 1400s player into a high 1500s/low 1600s player.

Now, one of the most bloody awful things I have ever heard someone say is that Musharna is a worse Mega Latias. Quite frankly, whoever says this deserves to be shot in the face is not a good player. Musharna's niche lies in the ability to defeat a select few threats that Mega Latias struggles against, as in, NOT JUST KYUREM-BLACK.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1-kyurem-black-suspect-test.3587523/page-32#post-7518753 <--- The set I am using for all these calcs.

Mega Charizard X

Latias Match-Up
If Draco Meteor:
252 SpA Latias-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard: 255-301 (85.8 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (MAX Special Attack V.S. NO BULK Zard X. This will never happen unless you're bottom of ladder.) (Here, Zard just DDances afterwards and wins.)

If Charm, Zard X two-shots at -1 after DDance.

Musharna Match-Up:
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 200+ Def Musharna: 214-253 (49.4 - 58.4%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

From here, just click Barrier a few times, click Calm Mind and win.

Mega Mawile

Mega Latias Match-Up:
-2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 236-282 (64.8 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Musharna:
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 200+ Def Musharna: 234-276 (54 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Again, click Barrier a few times (Aguav Berry will heal you), click Calm Mind, K.O.

Magearna (You think this is a joke, don't you, punk?)

Mega Latias:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 330-390 (90.6 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Musharna:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Musharna: 364-430 (83.4 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Seeing as you are in range of Aguav now, keep Calm Minding up. If the foe Flash Cannons, you tank another one after CM.

That's right, fuckers. This lowly little PU runt beats a top-tier OU killer 1v1. Be very afraid.

And as for Twinkle Tackle... Twinkle Tackle in 2017? kek

Snorlax
will get a replay at some point

tl;dr Musharna is good, rank it or your a bitch gay
You somehow managed to fail to mention Latias’s actual niche, namely Reflect Type.

I’m not sure how Musharna isn’t just worse than both Slowbro and Mega-Latias tbh. What makes Musharna any better than Necrozma, which can run literally the same moves and has a way better ability than Forewarn? That is what you were running originally until Macemaster set you straight.

Chansey: Toxic
Musharna: Calm Mind
(100%, 93.75%)
Chansey: Seismic Toss
(100%, 58.35%)
(100%, 16.7%->66.7%)
Musharna: Moonlight
(100%, 68.8%)
Musharna: Stored Power
(~60%,0%)

(100%, 93.75%)
Chansey: Whatever
(100%, 81.25%)
(100%, 62.5%)
(100%, 37.5%)
(100%, 5.25%->55.25%)
(25%, 16.5%)
Chansey: Soft-Boiled
(0%, 16.5%)

(93.75%, 93.75%)
(81.25%, 58.35%)
(62.5%, 16.7%->56.7%)
(0%, 33.8%)

(~36%, 31.7%)
OR
(__________________
(~54%, 26.55%)
OR
(~23%, 0%)
OR
(~62%, 38.3%)
[50/50s]
OR
(~23%, 21.4%)
(~23%, 0%)
_________________)
OR
(~54%, 49.45%)
[50/50s]

Synchronize vs No Seismic Toss: Obv win

Yes, it can beat Chansey without Synchronize... non-Seismic Toss variants at least. It loses to Stoss every time. With Synchronize, you can outpredict Chansey at the very least.
Now this is sort of weird and nitpicky, but the only good players who are running Chansey to my knowledge don’t use Seismic Toss. I use Calm Mind + Rest and Fertile Crescent uses Psywave. I ought to figure out the matchup for these, but I would imagine they both win, having not done the calcs.

This one shouldn't be a debate, but it's nowhere near a priority:

Seismitoad: Unranked -> D

Seismitoad is a very good type compression in the meta; it shuts down electric types due to ground, notably Tapu Koko and Magnezone, and it has access to 2 great abilities which lets it utilize 2 sets: Swft Swim, and Water Absorb (Poison Touch is interesting but is rather useless).

This toad's movepool is pretty cool; Scald, Surf, Hydro Pump, Earth power, Focus Blast, and for grass types -- Sludge Wave.

However, although Seismitoad is one of my favorites, it coincidentally has the same case as Scizor. When Scizor struggles with fire, Grass pretty much OHKOs Seismitoad without question. And energy ball, Giga Drain, and Grass Knot can come from many threats. Sluggish speed and only decent defenses don't help whatsoever. It can also be beaten by strong attackers, examples being Kyurem-B, Landorus-T's Z-Move, and just any Z-Move in general.

Here is my 2 sets for this dank dog Greninja from Gen 5:

Choice Specs:

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf / Hydro Pump / Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast/Filler

This set makes use of some of the good moves Seismitoad has. The water slot and Earth Power are good stabs, and some have bonus effects. Sludge Wave is for slower (Or faster carrying status) grass types which can OHKO Shiinotic, Whimsicott, and Tapu Bulu. Focus blast is a gamble against Kyurem-B, Mega Gyarados, and other dark types/steel types/etc. It's a risk with accuracy and non-stab but it can sometimes win a match. I put "filler" if you prefer other options like Hidden Power.

Swift Swim Z-Move

Seismitoad @ Groundium Z / Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Scald / Surf
- Rain Dance
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Rain Dance on turn 1 unless you're confident that the Z-Move can kill. Swift Swim doubles Seismitoad's speed to 410 which outspeeds Mega Lopunny and slower. The rain also boosts Hydro Vortex' power to considerable levels. Groundium Z is better for thr meta, but note that Waterium Z hits much harder. Sludge Wave is there for grass and fairy.

To conclude, Seismitoad can put on some specs and run Surf, Sludge Wave, Earth Power, and Focus Blast. It can also use a Groundium Z/Waterium Z Swift Swim set with Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Sludge Wave, and Earth Power. However, it can get OHKO'ed (Or 2HKO'ed) by a big portion of the meta, and must watch out for grass types. It can destroy things unexpectedly, but due to low speed and flaws mentioned prior, D rank is probably the most apropriate placement.

This one shouldn't be a debate, but it's nowhere near a priority:

Seismitoad: Unranked -> D

Seismitoad is a very good type compression in the meta; it shuts down electric types due to ground, notably Tapu Koko and Magnezone, and it has access to 2 great abilities which lets it utilize 2 sets: Swft Swim, and Water Absorb (Poison Touch is interesting but is rather useless).

This toad's movepool is pretty cool; Scald, Surf, Hydro Pump, Earth power, Focus Blast, and for grass types -- Sludge Wave.

However, although Seismitoad is one of my favorites, it coincidentally has the same case as Scizor. When Scizor struggles with fire, Grass pretty much OHKOs Seismitoad without question. And energy ball, Giga Drain, and Grass Knot can come from many threats. Sluggish speed and only decent defenses don't help whatsoever. It can also be beaten by strong attackers, examples being Kyurem-B, Landorus-T's Z-Move, and just any Z-Move in general.

Here is my 2 sets for this dank dog Greninja from Gen 5:

Choice Specs:

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf / Hydro Pump / Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast/Filler

This set makes use of some of the good moves Seismitoad has. The water slot and Earth Power are good stabs, and some have bonus effects. Sludge Wave is for slower (Or faster carrying status) grass types which can OHKO Shiinotic, Whimsicott, and Tapu Bulu. Focus blast is a gamble against Kyurem-B, Mega Gyarados, and other dark types/steel types/etc. It's a risk with accuracy and non-stab but it can sometimes win a match. I put "filler" if you prefer other options like Hidden Power.

Swift Swim Z-Move

Seismitoad @ Groundium Z / Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Scald / Surf
- Rain Dance
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Rain Dance on turn 1 unless you're confident that the Z-Move can kill. Swift Swim doubles Seismitoad's speed to 410 which outspeeds Mega Lopunny and slower. The rain also boosts Hydro Vortex' power to considerable levels. Groundium Z is better for thr meta, but note that Waterium Z hits much harder. Sludge Wave is there for grass and fairy.

To conclude, Seismitoad can put on some specs and run Surf, Sludge Wave, Earth Power, and Focus Blast. It can also use a Groundium Z/Waterium Z Swift Swim set with Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Sludge Wave, and Earth Power. However, it can get OHKO'ed (Or 2HKO'ed) by a big portion of the meta, and must watch out for grass types. It can destroy things unexpectedly, but due to low speed and flaws mentioned prior, D rank is probably the most apropriate placement.
Could you provide us with examples of Pokémon it beats? Losing to any Z-move in general seems almost disqualifying for a mon in gen 7.

Could you provide us with examples of Pokémon it beats? Losing to any Z-move in general seems almost disqualifying for a mon in gen 7.
Yes I will.

Seismitoad beats (With Sludge Wave): Tapu Bulu, Whimsicott (Using leech seed turn 1), Shiinotic, (With other moves): Canerupt, Victini, Tapu Koko, Magnezone, Manectric, Mega Mawile, Archeops, Salazzle, and Carracosta is all I have right now, due to time I might have to provide calcs after typing this post. Assume the set is Groundium

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yes I will.

Seismitoad beats (With Sludge Wave): Tapu Bulu, Whimsicott (Using leech seed turn 1), Shiinotic, (With other moves): Canerupt, Victini, Tapu Koko, Magnezone, Manectric, Mega Mawile, Archeops, Salazzle, and Carracosta is all I have right now, due to time I might have to provide calcs after typing this post. Assume the set is Groundium
Yes, the omnipresent 0 speed Tapu Bulu, Shiinotic, Camerupt, Manectric and Salazzle!

Yes, the omnipresent 0 speed Tapu Bulu, Shiinotic, Camerupt, Manectric and Salazzle!
Shiinotic and Camerupt: Can't outspeed anyways. Investment is arbitrary.

Tapu Bulu: Outsped by the swift swim set's investment, and who invests in a base 75 speed? That still loses to zards and victini... useless!

Manectric and Salazzle: Gets walled. Manectric usually goes HP Ice and Salazzle doesn't care

Just like other mons in the meta, it can die to z-moves, particularly grass (My set ended up surviving some non-grass), but it also tanks the much used gigavolt havoc, and is fine with the HP ice for ground types.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Shiinotic and Camerupt: Can't outspeed anyways. Investment is arbitrary.

Tapu Bulu: Outsped by the swift swim set's investment, and who invests in a base 75 speed? That still loses to zards and victini... useless!

Manectric and Salazzle: Gets walled. Manectric usually goes HP Ice and Salazzle doesn't care

Just like other mons in the meta, it can die to z-moves, particularly grass (My set ended up surviving some non-grass), but it also tanks the much used gigavolt havoc, and is fine with the HP ice for ground types.
You misunderstand. It certainly does beat all of them except for Bulu, but this is irrelevant because none of the pokemon you mentioned are at all relevant.

You misunderstand. It certainly does beat all of them except for Bulu, but this is irrelevant because none of the pokemon you mentioned are at all relevant.
Well so isn't most of D tier in general. Never seen a stunfisk once and it's there? It's literally #363 in usage.

More relevant threats are Primarina, Golem, and Metagross (Don't mention grass knot, it's simply not there). Also Koko and magnezone sure are relevant.

The word "relevant" is absolutely NOT just KyuB, zards, Koko, and Metagross. It's simply not a good way to determine how things stack. Everybody who plays the game correctly uses them with something different.

Anyways, Seismitoad has unpredictability on it's side with abilites and it sure can fare in the meta.

lost heros

Meme Master
Well so isn't most of D tier in general. Never seen a stunfisk once and it's there? It's literally #363 in usage.

More relevant threats are Primarina, Golem, and Metagross (Don't mention grass knot, it's simply not there). Also Koko and magnezone sure are relevant.

The word "relevant" is absolutely NOT just KyuB, zards, Koko, and Metagross. It's simply not a good way to determine how things stack. Everybody who plays the game correctly uses them with something different.

Anyways, Seismitoad has unpredictability on it's side with abilites and it sure can fare in the meta.
Nearly everything in the D tier has some sort of strategy that can take out good pokemon. Stunfisk was ranked because it was capable of beating Mega Charizard, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Mawile which is a pretty noticeable niche. It's usage has dropped significantly because no one runs that team anymore.

Seismitoad, however, doesn't beat any significant pokemon. There is no reason to run it and many pokemon can fill it's niche easily.

Nearly everything in the D tier has some sort of strategy that can take out good pokemon. Stunfisk was ranked because it was capable of beating Mega Charizard, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Mawile which is a pretty noticeable niche. It's usage has dropped significantly because no one runs that team anymore.

Seismitoad, however, doesn't beat any significant pokemon. There is no reason to run it and many pokemon can fill it's niche easily.
I know this is late but I'm just gonna end the Seismitoad business, not because of its viability, but the amount of the people that don't want him to be around.

Beats: Koko, Primarina, Magnezone, Diancie, Golem, Crustle, Carrocosta, and pretty much anything electric/fire/water without grass coverage

~IT'S DONE~

I call for an increase in rankings of Mega Tyranitar from B -> A-.

Mega Tyranitar has awesome defences coupled with a monster ability in Sand Stream, which makes its Special Defence (already 120 BST) 1.5x. This means that, coupled with a 150 BST Def stat, it has both the defense and offensive stat to take out top tier threats like Kyurem-B, Mega Gyarados, Charizards, Tapu Koko, Porygon-Z, Tapu Lele, Dragonite, Magearna, Mega Pinsir, Genesect, Meloetta, Magnezone, Heatran amongst others! As you'd have realised, this comprises a large amount of the meta mons currently used which Mega Tyranitar can beat.

Regarding the killer set:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 128 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Fire Punch
- Crunch/ Low Kick
- Earthquake

Calculations:

-252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 169-201 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 282-333 (69.8 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 314-372 (77.7 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tyranitar-Mega: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO

-120+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 168-200 (41.5 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 380-450 (94 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO [Bad rolls, except no one uses so much special attack]

-+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Genesect Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-252+ SpA Magnezone Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 156-186 (38.6 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO [Legit calc, this shocked me too]

The calcs I haven't mentioned aren't necessary because it is a match-up easily poised for Mega Tyranitar to win!

This does lose to nearly all of the relevant Ground-, Steel-, and Fighting-type Pokemon like LandoT, Donphan, LucarioM, HeracrossM, Sawk, etc..., and that's the reason I propose its increase in ranking to A- and not any higher.

Last edited:
I scanned the viability list carefully, and I noticed Togekiss isn't anywhere on it. Funny, because it's on the speed tiers but not on the viability rankings...

Using the set from pokepaste:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

The hax from this set gets very annoying, especially for mons that don't resist flying.
It can shut down Landorus-T, roasts Scizor, Kartana, and Ferrothorn, and has potential to beat both zards. Assuming you get a flinch, you can even take on unexpected threats such as Primarina or Donphan.

The reason why I recommend it for B- rank is because faster threats, such as genesect, can outspeed it with their own scarf. Additionally, the flinch is highly situational and doesn't guarantee it plenty of matchups. Anything faster almost automatically wins, since the flinch from the air slash is avoided. A thunder wave set can work but it still gets walled by respective rock types and special tanks like Chansey. It is also outclassed, but not by much, by Jirachi, who can run better sets.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
I scanned the viability list carefully, and I noticed Togekiss isn't anywhere on it. Funny, because it's on the speed tiers but not on the viability rankings...

Using the set from pokepaste:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

The hax from this set gets very annoying, especially for mons that don't resist flying.
It can shut down Landorus-T, roasts Scizor, Kartana, and Ferrothorn, and has potential to beat both zards. Assuming you get a flinch, you can even take on unexpected threats such as Primarina or Donphan.

The reason why I recommend it for B- rank is because faster threats, such as genesect, can outspeed it with their own scarf. Additionally, the flinch is highly situational and doesn't guarantee it plenty of matchups. Anything faster almost automatically wins, since the flinch from the air slash is avoided. A thunder wave set can work but it still gets walled by respective rock types and special tanks like Chansey. It is also outclassed, but not by much, by Jirachi, who can run better sets.
I agree with Togekiss for B-, but not because of the Choice Scarf set. Rather because of this...

Togekiss @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Charm

Z-Charm Togekiss is some great stuff. It makes further use of the Z-Crystal by OHKOing Kyurem-B with Twinkle Tackle, beating any non-Specs/Icium variants. Air Slash, of course, let's it hax to death anything slower than it that it's supposed to lose against. With Z-Charm, Togekiss consistently crushes Mega Gyrados (yes, even if it's Taunt), Mega Charizard X (yes, even if it's Substitute), Dragonite, Mega Lopunny (yes, even if it's SubFlail), and a massive array of other physical attackers. Speaking of Z-Charm, there's another user of it I'd like to nominate.

Ninetales-Alola @ Fairium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Blizzard / Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Charm

The key to Alolan Ninetales is simple: Substitute. Using Substitute makes your opponent take Hail damage, breaking Multiscale and Sturdy. Even against non-Sturdy opponents it's good as using it four times lower their HP down to 75%, often putting them within range of Twinkle Tackle. Because of this, it's able to deal with Dragonite, Donphan and Golem quite nicely. Ice STAB isn't really all that necessary, so I like to run HP Rock in the last slot which is useful for Mega Charizard X (still loses to Y) in the event that it doesn't Mega Evolve. Finally, Z-Charm beats Megea Gyarados and Mimikyu. I'd like to nominate Alolan Ninetales for C.

Last edited:
Nosepass/Pineco/Probopass -> Do not use

The set:

Nosepass/Pineco/Probopass/Sawk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1 (2 if Probopass)
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Protect
- Magic Coat (Sand tomb if Pineco, Knock off if Sawk)

This set is ended by Mold Breaker, status, Steel types (Bar Pineco's Sand Tomb!) Substitute, and Fake Out. However, the amount of threats it can take down is rather large if you think about it. However, nothing is a counter, but it can check a lot!

All of these checks can use status or substitute to win, but heres a list:
Both Zards, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Mimikyu, Slowbro, Porygon-Z, Greninja, Primarina, all 4 Tapus, Blastoise, Carracosta, Crustle, Sawk, Swampert, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Terrakion, Diancie, Archeops, Avalugg, Hoopa, Keldeo, Landorus, Victini, Thundurus, Pidgeot, Manectric, Nihilego, and Blaziken is what I have.

Remember, the reason why this thing is DO NOT USE is because of the aforementioned ways of beating it. The list I took time to type up is obsolete!

Last edited:
Secret Ground Type
Dugtrio-Alola

Sorry I was unable to provide a picture of the pokemon, this is due to the fact that I am not sure on how to do that because I literally never post. But you can imagine what Dugtrio-Alola looks like everyone has seen it, if by any means you don't know what it looks like then google "dugtrio-alola" Idk why I had had to explain that, it seemed pretty straight forward but just incase. Anyways, please have a look at my post about Dugtrio-alola.

This pokemon is great and yet 98.167% of the time it is never used at all in 1v1 (at least in my opinion.) Yes, Dugtrio has many weaknesses and is generally fragile and easily taken down. What's so interesting about this pokemon is it's ability, Tangling Hair. If you combine Dugtrio-Alola's ability with endure and give it a liechi berry this pokemon gets very dangerous.

-Endure
The user survives the next hit with at least 1 HP.

- Tangling Hair
Pokemon making contact with this Pokemon have their Speed lowered by 1 stage

-Liechi Berry
Raises holder's Attack by 1 stage when at 1/4 max HP or less. Single use.

Now it doesn't seem like Tangling Hair is a lot for Dugtrio but it's in fact very useful.
Here's why:
Pokemon making contact will have their speed lowered by 1 stage meaning they'll most likely be slower than dugtrio afterwards the attack. Dugtrio-Alola is very fragile and is most cases will probably faint first hit by most mons in the meta eg. Lopunny, Kyurem B. This is where endure comes in. Endure will let you live down to 1 Hp triggering your liechi berry giving you +1 att.
In most situations you will be faster than the other pokemon because in general Dugtrio is fast with a base speed of 110 (350 jolly or 319 serious) so it doesnt even matter if they make contact or not in most cases but the ability is always helpful either way. The main objective is to activate the liechi berry and use it to your advantage. Dugtrio-Alola is able to learn reversal just like regular dugtrio and this move with endure and liechi berry, as see with hitmonlee, is very serious. Reversal comes out to be 200 power when the user is at 1% hp. You use this plus the liechi berry +1 att it pretty much ends the game.
It can one hit almost anything it outspeeds and is weak to either fighting, ground and steel. Now the most common counter to Tangling Hair or to Dugtrio-Alola in general is eq (obviously because it doesnt make contact and is super effective.)

Of course this pokemon isn't A+ ranking let alone B- but I happen to think that this pokemon has potential and should be used more often in the meta.
It's speed alone is fast enough to beat slower and weaker mons. Its 100 att (328 adamant or 299 serious) which isn't top notch but it's enough to take down fragile mons like Smeargle and other mons that are generally weak to either ground and steel.

Here is the set I use, if you have time to try it out I highly suggest it. You can switch it around between adamant and jolly but i prefer adamant most of the time because like I said before it's already fast with it's base speed of 110 plus the tangling hair. Now there are a lot of other sets to combine with Dugtrio but this is main one I have been using. Partnering this with kyurem b and or lele will guid you to 1400+ elo.

tri-dildo (Dugtrio-Alola) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Tangling Hair
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Endure
- Reversal
Main W's: koko, lele, lopunny, kyurem b, mega tyran, porygon z, garchomp, gardevoir and basically anything that either makes contact or is outsped and or doesnt have a priority att move to counter endure.
Main L's: most sturdy mons in general, megagross (bp), the 3 orignal starters and their mega, (there is set where you can use rock slide instead of eq or iron head with jolly nature and beat char x and y), slowbro mega, aegi and overall most mons that have priority att moves usually beats dugtrio-alola.

Overall, I really believe that Dugtrio-Alola should be ranked and that it is one of the many ground types that can easily give you wins. With its moveset it's pretty solid to me.

Last edited:
I have a set similar to the alolan dugtrio, but can be much more terrifying under certain conditions

Bewear (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Fluffy
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Flail
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Uninvested base 120 HP is 381, and combined with fluffy, makes this thing an anti-physical juggernaught. Use endure against fire types/special attackers, which activates the salac berry, boosting this fluffy guy to 360 speed at 1 HP for a 200 BP flail! (Faster than Mega Metagross) Against physical attackers or a predicted boost, set up swords dance and hit with superpower.

However, endure requires a read and this thing auto-loses to ghost types + some steel types. The gimmick can also fall to priority moves, although those are uncommon on special attackers. I can't think of it being any higher than D rank. You can also use lopunny over this guy because of scrappy, but lopunny misses out on fluffy.

UPDATE Nov 8th:

D tier might not be enough. If you bait it on a team alongside 2 dark types to scare away ghost, this thing starts to beat much more (I.e. Tapu Fini, Infernape, Lando-T) It's still not unbeatable, because mega blastoise tanked the flail after using aura sphere.
Remember that a read is required!

Wins (Definite unless cteam/etc)
Garchomp, Avalugg, Tapu Bulu (Walled), Aggron (Weak flail -> SD -> Superpower)

Pending (Stuff I need to test):
Lopunny, Kyurem-B, Gyarados, Ferrothorn, ZardX, Snorlax, Donphan, Blaziken

50/50s:
Volcarona (Quiver dance or fire stab) Kartana, Togekiss, Xurkitree, Infernape (All scarf or no scarf), Tapu Fini (Dependent on defense EVs), Tapu Lele (Scarf [loss] or psychium [Win]), ZardY (Air slash flinch, otherwise a win)

Losses:
Dragonite (Multiscale), Tapu Koko, Salazzle, Greninja (Too fast), Primarina (Aqua jet after endured), all ghost types, Blastoise, Mawile, Magearna, Celesteela, (too bulky), Pinsir (Quick attacks),

Extra (Wait a week or 2)
[UB-Assembly]-Win
[UB-Burst]-Definite loss
[UB-Adhesive]-Pending

Last edited:

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

So here are the sets which have been included in the Sets Viability Rankings
Reversal Engineering
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Reversal
- Rock Tomb
- Magnet Rise / Swords Dance

Physical Predator
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Tail
- Substitute / Magnet Rise
- Rock Slide

The Special Stormbringer
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Magnet Rise

With Adaptability, good speed, power and its typing this Pokemon can deal with a large portion of the meta and seems to be ranked a bit low in C. Defeating Kyurem-B, both Charizard, Snorlax,, Porygon-Z consistently and other anti meta Pokemon Heatran is what makes it good. Magneto Rise helps in eliminating Ground mons like Donphan, Golem, Non Scarf Garchomp, and Landorus-T (But keep in mind the SubReversal set can't defeat Landorus-T even with Magnet Rise if the Landorus-T users plays correctly; However if carrying Magnet Rise on the others, you'll win) Then in the end comes defeating others like Magearna, Mega Venusaur (Both the physical and special attacking sets can win; SubRev without SD can't), Crustle, Mega Tyranitar, Kartana and more.

With its SubReversal set, it can defeat
=== S to A- Rank ===
Kyurem-B
Both Mega Charizard unless Flame Charge (Including the bulkiest Mega Charizard X)
Magearna
SturdyBurst Mega Aggron
Mega Pinsir
Donphan
Porygon-Z
Snorlax
(There's also Choice Band Dragonite with Earthquake)
=== S to A- Rank ^ ===
Non Scarf Garchomp, Blaziken is a 50/50, Non Scarf Gensect, Golem, Meloetta (50/50) Chansey, Crustle, Ferrothorn, Heatran, Jirachi, Kartana, Mega Tyranitar, Celesteela, Durant, Terrakion, Non Scarf Archeops, Avalugg, Landorus, Thundy-T and others [Chance of defeating Scarf Togekiss as well]

The physical attacking set takes out
=== S to A- Rank ===
Kyurem-B (Every set)
Offensive Mega Charizard X
Mega Charizard Y
Psychium Z and Specs Tapu Lele
Curse Mega Aggron
Mimikyu with Substitute [Sub turn 1 to eat up Twinkle Tackle then Rock Slide ---> Iron Tail; You'll mostly survive Play Rough + Shadow Sneak from Jolly Mimikyu (83.3% to be precise)
Mega Pinsir
Porygon-Z
Snorlax
Mega Venusaur
=== S to A- Rank ===
Blaziken 50/50, Meloetta, Chansey, Crustle 50/50, Ferrothorn, Heatran, Durant, Mega Gardevoir, Jirachi, Kartana, Mega Tyranitar, Terrakion, Clesteela, Non Scarf Archeops, Mega Medicham, Umbreon, Hoopa-U others [Steadfast lets it defeat Togekiss and Jirachi]

The special one does the same job of defeating Kyurem-B, Heatran and others but it can even defeat Bulky Mega Charizard X after SubRecoil, Max HP Mega Mawile, Landorus-Therian, Sableye which uses WoW while staying regular on turn1 most of the time. The other option it includes is running Dark Pulse to get one flinch and then KO Mega Metagross, Sawk, Magnezone on the next turn with the appropriate STAB

Then there's another set which isn't in the Sets VR neither it's used much but it goes with an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Atk with an Impish nature and the moves Counter, Bullet Punch, High Jump Kick, Iron Tail to lure in and defeat its common checks like Scarf Garchomp, Physical Dragonite, Mega Metagross, Physical Tapu Koko (62.5%), Mega Mawile (Other than the Special set), and others.
You lose to SubTonic Rage and Band straightaway now
252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Lucario-Mega: 282-332 (82.2 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Lucario-Mega: 288-340 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Hammer Arm vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Lucario-Mega: 264-312 (76.9 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Lucario-Mega in Electric Terrain: 309-364 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Lucario-Mega: 217-256 (63.2 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Then again there's Mega Lopunny, Primarina, Tapu Fini, Mega Gyarados (With correct play), Mega Slowbro, Greninja, Aegislash, Magnezone (If Magnezone avoids missing Electroweb / Thunder / Zap till 4 Subs and a flinch from Rock Slide) can defeat it + Iron Tail can miss which is unfortunate (There's something in USUM but won't talk about it as of now) so suggesting only B- Rank as you could tell its better than Pheromosa any day and on par with Terrakion's level which itself loses to all Sturdy where Mega Luke has Magnet Rise, Terrakion can't get past the new bulky Lele sets but Iron Tail one shots, though Terrakion is better at hunting down Alolan Marowak and um what else that Mega Lucario can't defeat? There's not much that I can name, help. So it's perhaps better than those B- ranked Pokemon.
Also there are a lot of Fight and Steel types to choose from but Mega Lucario isn't outclassed by any, thanks to having high Speed, typing, and power. Mega Heracross takes Mega Sableye and Mega Slowbro better but loses out to Magearna which Mega Lucario is able to defeat. Mega Blaziken can defeat Greninja but loses to Psychium Z Tapu Lele which Mega Lucario defeats. One might argue that its significantly weaker than other Steel-types like Mega Metagross, Aegislash, Magearna, and Genesect. ALL of these examples of Fight / Steel are vulnerable to bulky Mega Charizard X while all of these Steel-types are weak to Heatran BUT Mega Lucario being, the same type defeats both of them. They also have the edge over Mega Lucario in other matchups but don't outclass it.

Excadrill @ Steelium Z / Groundium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 212 Atk / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute / Swords Dance

Supporting Chickenpie 2's nomination as I've used this mon quite a bit. Excadrill's typing is the best thing about it which allows it to take on Kyurem-B, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele (All sets except the ones which are faster with Focus Blast, provided that Focus Blast hits), Porygon-Z, Magearna, Primarina with ease along with Mold Breaker which lets it get past Sturdy, Mimikyu, Dragonite.
The set here loses to both Mega Charizard because it's better to either defeat both or lose to both. Adamant should be used all the time for defeating bulky Kyub. Though most Sawk run Adamant but Jolly on Excadrill can be used if the team is really weak to Sawk. 44 SpD allow it to take an Earth Power from max SpA Mega Diancie otherwise on a roll (62.5% on your side) but you don't really need that unless your team is weak to Mega Diancie so it's optional (All in all the best set is Adamant with Max Speed and Atk) Substitute blocks status from Mega Venusaur and Snorlax as well as getting the better of Aegislash if not running Ground Z.
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Kyurem-Black: 444-524 (98 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

There are some Pokemon which Excadrill can defeat while these struggle against like
Donphan loses to: Kyurem-B, Psychium Z Tapu Lele, Primarina (Excadrill defeats most Primarina sets), Shuca Berry / Air Balloon Magearna
Golem: Kyub, Psych Z Tapu Lele, Primarina, Donphan, Shuca Berry / Air Balloon Magearna
Landorus-T: Kyub, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Faster Mega Gardevoir, Shuca Berry / Air Balloon Magearna
So it doesn't actually get outclassed by Golem, Donphan, Landorus-T.

=== S to A- Rank ===
Kyurem-B (All except Fast Icium Z and Faster Specs if any): Steelium Z
Tapu Koko: Any
Tapu Lele: Any
Dragonite: Steelium and Rockium Z
Magearna: Any
Mega Mawile: Any unless Fire Fang on Mega Mawile (Since Sub and SD)
Slower Mega Metagross (Ground Z)
Mimikyu: Any
Aegislash: (Ground Z or any with Sub)
Donphan: Any
Magnezone: Any
Porygon-Z: Any
Snorlax is a 50/50
Mega Venusaur: Ground and Steel Z
=== S to A- Rank ===
Golem: Any
Meloetta: Any
Most Primarina: Both STAB Z but Ground Z fares better (Use Sub on turn 1 if you have it to get the better of ZBDE)
Chansey: Any [// Unless I'm missing something here]
Carracosta: Ground Z
Crustle: Any
Ferrothorn: ?_? Well if you have SD / Sub but I'm not sure about this one
Mega Gardevoir: Any
Jirachi: Any
Sawk: Any
Mega Tyranitar: STAB Z
Mega Diancie: Any And others

Some others like Heatran and Tapu Fini can be defeated after one flinch

Though one major thing that Landorus-T has over Excadrill is defeating Mega Gyarados. Losing to Mega Gyarados, Mega Slowbro, Mega Lopunny, and Greninja is one big thing which holds it back but I'd say B / B- Rank is fine for this.

Volcarona @ Bugium Z
Ability: Swarm
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Along with UnleashOurPassion and MaceMaster [See page 1 here] I think that it should ranked since it hits like a truck with Bug Z in Swarm range + there's that bulky Firium Z set linked there. But B+ would be a bit high for it so nominating it for B or B-
What Bug Z defeats includes bulky Ice Z/or any bulky Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele, Mega Mawile, Magearna, Mega Metagross without Rock move (Or slower), Aegislash, Mega Slowbro, Mega Venusaur (S to A-)
Genesect, Megacross, Meloetta, Mega Blastoise, Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Mega Swampert mostly, Mega Tyranitar, Buzzwole, Celesteela, slower Mew, Hoopa-U and others

Like Blaziken and Mega Blaziken, I think ranking of the mega evolution of the same mon is allowed so Mega Garchomp, originally posted by UnleashOurPassion in the discussion thread, should be there. What Mega Garchomp mainly has is that, in the team preview you see a lot of Sturdy Pokemon see Mega Garchomp as the vulnerable mon but they get the shock of their life when they find it to be the lesser used but powerful Mega Garchomp.
It can defeat Donphan, Golem, All Mangezone, and other Sturdy, Porygon-Z, Heatran, Life Orb HP Ice Blaziken which can mostly defeat SubTonic Rage, Choice Band, DevastatingQuake, and Choice Scarf sets.

Mega Metagross and Dragonite are the current candidates for A Rank, the former is better in my opinion.
Mega Gyarados isn't really as good as Kyurem-B so yeah, as Attidude said a differentiation should be made between the two. Also Mega Pinsir has enjoyed being in A but should drop.
Mega Sableye is accidentally twice on the list (C+ and B Rank), the B Rank one is probably correct. Same for Carracosta (B Rank and C- Rank), no opinion on this one since I haven't used it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

I second the motion to rank Excadrill.

Excadrill is one of my favorite 1v1 mons, and the fact is isn't ranked somewhere is a crime. The typing alone makes it a hard counter to Tapu Koko and Mimikyu (Mold Breaker Iron Head), as well as besting Mega Mawile, Magearna, Tapu Lele, Mega Aggron, Porygon-Z and even Donphan and Bulk Up Landorus-Therian via a Magnet Rise set. In my opinion, with its strengths and flaws weighed out, C+ or B- seems like a perfect rank for it: Despite facing competition as a Mold Breaker from Gyarados and Kyurem-Black, it can beat some things that one of them can't beat/things that one can beat, but the other can't, while still doing an overall good job as a Mold Breaker user.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

I second the motion to rank Excadrill.

Excadrill is one of my favorite 1v1 mons, and the fact is isn't ranked somewhere is a crime. The typing alone makes it a hard counter to Tapu Koko and Mimikyu (Mold Breaker Iron Head), as well as besting Mega Mawile, Magearna, Tapu Lele, Mega Aggron, Porygon-Z and even Donphan and Bulk Up Landorus-Therian via a Magnet Rise set. In my opinion, with its strengths and flaws weighed out, C+ or B- seems like a perfect rank for it: Despite facing competition as a Mold Breaker from Gyarados and Kyurem-Black, it can beat some things that one of them can't beat/things that one can beat, but the other can't, while still doing an overall good job as a Mold Breaker user.
Agreeing with C+ for Excadrill.

Tapu Lele A+->A: This really isn't half as good as Tapu Koko. I mean this kindly, but the only reason it's A+ is because Glyx likes it.

Mega Metagross A->A+: Mega Metagross has recently become a huge threat. It's one of Kyurem-B's most reliable checks and with its insane versatility, has very few counters. It's also been seeing some more usage in the past couple months.

Golem B+->A-: It's really the same thing as Donphan with minute differences such as priority (power vs reliability), Speed and typing (50 Speed or Rock STAB?).

Carracosta B->B-: This seriously moved from C- to B in one jump. This should have never happened, and it is not as good as any of the B rank Pokemon.

Crustle B->B-:
Crustle is pretty much at an equal viability to Carracosta imo, so if Carracosta falls, Crustle should too.

Hoopa-U C+->B-: Hoopa-U has insane versatility that is unmatched by any B- ranked 'mon, let alone C+. 5 viable items, BST nearing Kyurem-B and Mega Metagross', insane coverage, specializable stats, etc. You can't toss it on any team and expect to see success, but it can be built to beat so many different combinations of Pokemon that it deserves more credit.

Keldeo C+->C: Keldeo was cool at first, but it's fallen out of fashion.

Mega Lucario C->C+: Mega Lucario is super underrated and between its favorable typing, Magnet Rise and massive power it beats a lot more than people give it credit for.

Dusclops C->D: This 'mon has never seen any usage at all outside of perhaps one or two players. It's viable for sure, but it doesn't belong in the same place as Infernape.

Quagsire C->D: This really hurts to say, but Quagsire just isn't good anymore.

Mega Camerupt C-->C: I was building around Toxicroak, and came up with this set:
Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Yawn
- Protect
Yawn/Protect Camerupt is the shit. There's not a whole lot (except for every Ground- and Water-type ever) that can OHKO it (if you play right with Protect it even tanks from 252+ Atk Subzero Kyub), and there's also not a whole lot that it can't 2HKO. Out of the S, A+ and A ranks, it loses only to Gyarados, Lele and Dragonite.

Latias D->Unranked: It's just outclassed by its Mega Evolution for bulk and Latios for the Psychium Z set.

Mega Latias Unranked->C: To fill the hole left by Latias leaving the VR. It's nice and bulky, gets Charm, Calm Mind and Stored Power, and can even pull off some Reflect Type action.

Tapu Bulu Unranked->C+: Why did this ever leave the VR?

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Tapu Lele A+->A: This really isn't half as good as Tapu Koko. I mean this kindly, but the only reason it's A+ is because Glyx likes it.
I put it as the weakest of the A+'s for good reason-
Mega Metagross A->A+: Mega Metagross has recently become a huge threat. It's one of Kyurem-B's most reliable checks and with its insane versatility, has very few counters. It's also been seeing some more usage in the past couple months.
+1
Golem B+->A-: It's really the same thing as Donphan with minute differences such as priority (power vs reliability), Speed and typing (50 Speed or Rock STAB?).
Counter suggestion: We drop donphan because they both suck, but not as much as Carracosta.
Carracosta B->B-: This seriously moved from C- to B in one jump. This should have never happened, and it is not as good as any of the B rank Pokemon.
Donphan and Golem are B- or less mons, and Carracosta is a tier below them.
Crustle B->B-: Crustle is pretty much at an equal viability to Carracosta imo, so if Carracosta falls, Crustle should too.
+1

Hoopa-U C+->B-: Hoopa-U has insane versatility that is unmatched by any B- ranked 'mon, let alone C+. 5 viable items, BST nearing Kyurem-B and Mega Metagross', insane coverage, specializable stats, etc. You can't toss it on any team and expect to see success, but it can be built to beat so many different combinations of Pokemon that it deserves more credit.
Wasn't it already B-? But yeah move it up a notch for sure.
Not for long homie :pimp:
Mega Lucario C->C+: Mega Lucario is super underrated and between its favorable typing, Magnet Rise and massive power it beats a lot more than people give it credit for.
+1. The rising Rock/Ground love has definitely made this thing pretty good with Memenet Rise.

Dusclops C->D: This 'mon has never seen any usage at all outside of perhaps one or two players. It's viable for sure, but it doesn't belong in the same place as Infernape.
+1. I'd say just unrank until someone can prove its usefulness.

+1

Mega Camerupt C-->C: I was building around Toxicroak, and came up with this set:
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Yawn
- Protect
Yawn/Protect Camerupt is the shit. There's not a whole lot (except for every Ground- and Water-type ever) that can OHKO it (if you play right with Protect it even tanks from 252+ Atk Subzero Kyub), and there's also not a whole lot that it can't 2HKO. Out of the S, A+ and A ranks, it loses only to Gyarados, Lele and Dragonite.
I'd put anything that relies on Yawn at Stunfisk rank, but since Camerupt already had a rank beforehand, I'd do +1 over Stunfisk rank.

Latias D->Unranked: It's just outclassed by its Mega Evolution for bulk and Latios for the Psychium Z set.
+1. In my quest to make every legendary pokemon useful in 1v1, Latias just ended up being near 100% outclassed by either Latios or Latias-M.

Mega Latias Unranked->C: To fill the hole left by Latias leaving the VR. It's nice and bulky, gets Charm, Calm Mind and Stored Power, and can even pull off some Reflect Type action.
+1

Haven't built for Bulu yet on the aforementioned quest, but I'm expecting this will be a good enough place for it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Agreeing with C+ for Excadrill.

Crustle B->B-: Crustle is pretty much at an equal viability to Carracosta imo, so if Carracosta falls, Crustle should too.

Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Yawn
- Protect

Moving down Lele: I disagree, Tapu Lele is probably the worst out of the three A+ mons, but it's still damn good.

Moving up Mega Metagross: Agreed.

Moving up Golem: Agreed.

Moving down Carracosta/Crustle: On the fence, but I can see the logic.

Moving up Hoopa-U: Fuck yeah!

Moving down Keldeo: yes please it sucks outside of the retarded phys def cube lure tbh

Moving up Mega Lucario: Sure, why not?

Moving down Dusclops and Quagsire: Agreed, I never see anyone use these.

And finally, for another personal nomination.

image.jpg

Mega Blaziken: B+ ---> A-
Mega Blaziken is on the rise, and for good reason. Protect + Speed Boost forces so many 50/50s against mons like Fairium Mimikyu and Tapu Koko, among some others I probably forgot. Once it gets Speed Boost up, the opponent now has to deal with a Fire/Fighting STAB combo coming off of base 160 Attack. Spoiler alert: Not much can take that. This Pokemon is slept on so horribly: It's stunning how few people prep for it, myself included. It can also run options like Stone Edge to circumvent Megazard Y and HP Ice to bypass Lando-T. Rank up pls.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Mega Blaziken: B+ ---> A-
Mega Blaziken is on the rise, and for good reason. Protect + Speed Boost forces so many 50/50s against mons like Fairium Mimikyu and Tapu Koko, among some others I probably forgot. Once it gets Speed Boost up, the opponent now has to deal with a Fire/Fighting STAB combo coming off of base 160 Attack. Spoiler alert: Not much can take that. This Pokemon is slept on so horribly: It's stunning how few people prep for it, myself included. It can also run options like Stone Edge to circumvent Megazard Y and HP Ice to bypass Lando-T. Rank up pls.
Blaziken is really good, agreed. And it does of course force 50/50s. But that's exactly the problem with it; 50/50s. It doesn't beat horseshit unless it gets its Speed Boost in, so it relies on them, hurting Blaziken just as much as it does the opponent. Something that relies so heavily on prediction shouldn't be in A-. Not because it's not as good as A- 'mons, but rather because it's not as consistent as them.

e: Volcarona Unranked->C+: Volcarona is a super good mon. It has lots of neat sets like anti-Mimikyu, anti-Kyub and SubSwarm.

Last edited:
Hey yo, this is your favorite Attidude/ Wrath of Alakazam back with another post.....

Nominating Tapu Bulu from Unranked->C+

I've three sets for it, which utilises its ability to kill its various counters, so let's get into it.....

1) BandBulu:

Tom Sawyer (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

The EVs are for surviving Mega Manectric Overheat ( arbitrary baseline, but surprising to see what others it includes which are much more common ), Zen Headbutt for Poison-type Pokemon which is easily replaceable by Megahorn which could be used against Psychic-types

2) GrasstiNuke

Grasstitute (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Atk / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Substitute
- Superpower
- Leech Seed

Pretty much same EVs tanking, but the classic ZMove, with an added probability, if played right, to win against Aegislash, coz Leech Seed/Sub spam and Bloom Doom kills if Aegislash is in Blade form.

3) GreenGrapes

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech

This is a bit more Specially bulky, [with Glyx 's seal of approval [09:11:10] Glyx ✦:seems decent] designed to take on PorygonZ and the very commonly-used Flyinium Gyarados. Grassy Seed ups Defense in Grassy Terrain, allowing Bulu to take on decent Ice-type attackers like Weavile and Mamoswine.

Yus, make Bulu usable by sharing more sets for it, coz it's decent TBH

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Hey yo, this is your favorite Attidude/ Wrath of Alakazam back with another post.....

Nominating Tapu Bulu from Unranked->C+

I've three sets for it, which utilises its ability to kill its various counters, so let's get into it.....

1) BandBulu:

Tom Sawyer (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

The EVs are for surviving Mega Manectric Overheat ( arbitrary baseline, but surprising to see what others it includes which are much more common ), Zen Headbutt for Poison-type Pokemon which is easily replaceable by Megahorn which could be used against Psychic-types

2) GrasstiNuke

Grasstitute (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Atk / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Substitute
- Superpower
- Leech Seed

Pretty much same EVs tanking, but the classic ZMove, with an added probability, if played right, to win against Aegislash, coz Leech Seed/Sub spam and Bloom Doom kills if Aegislash is in Blade form.

3) GreenGrapes

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech

This is a bit more Specially bulky, [with Glyx 's seal of approval [09:11:10] Glyx ✦:seems decent] designed to take on PorygonZ and the very commonly-used Flyinium Gyarados. Grassy Seed ups Defense in Grassy Terrain, allowing Bulu to take on decent Ice-type attackers like Weavile and Mamoswine.

Yus, make Bulu usable by sharing more sets for it, coz it's decent TBH
Agreeing with Bulu being ranked, obviously, but I'm not so sure about the coverage on your first two sets. Out of everything on the VR, Banded Megahorn and Zen Headbutt hit... ... ... ... nothing. Doesn't seem too great; how about Grass Knot to deal with Counter users like Donphan? Moving onto the Grassium set, Superpower is similarly useless without the power from Choice Band. I like Taunt to deal with Shell Smashers. Finally, here's my personal favorite Bulu set:

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 16 SpA / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
Wood Hammer because Wood Hammer. Rock Slide hits Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir (and also flinches Zard X lool). HP Fire lures in Kartana and Durant. Grass Knot is used to help against Sturdy+Counter. Beats some other things that most sets lose to like Crustle and Greninja too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)