2012 VGCS Winter Battle - Biosci wins!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Damn, ended at like 8 points below last time. Scarf Abomasnow does no good against good players. Unless it didn't count my last match?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Ended up finishing this tourney with 1936 with a record of 105-17, with 5 DCs and 2 Draws. So with 124 battles leaving my DC rate as a nice 4%.

I used a rain team I made that included new options that we got like Helping Hand+Icy Wind Politoed and Thundurus-T. The full team was Politoed/Kingdra/Cresselia/Infernape/Thundurus-T/Metagross. Metagross was no doubt the most useless Pokemon on this team and I'm gonna replace it for something else that I've been theorying during the tourney which should help the team get by it's bigger threats like Latios, Tyranitar, and Cresselia.

It was a fun tourney, really hope 1936 is enough for t16 for those regional byes >.<

Finished with 1648 and 48 battles. I absolutely hate fighting Scizor, that thing does too much freaking damage. Might put a Chandelure on my team next time since Crobat's the only counter I have to other fake out users (which can just protect and then the other pokemon can either one-shot it or bring it's health to critical).

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Ended with 1767, which is better than I originally thought I'd do. Hopefully it's enough for the champion points, though I doubt it is. Either way, it still was a great way to relax after finishing finals. DCs were noticeably short, though everyone and their sister DC'd against me in the last few hours of the tourney.

A lot of People underestimate PH Breloom. It made a great counter to Amoonguss, rain, and TR teams.

Anyway, gg to all who've I battled. (Joe, NC, with "Recently, music seems Oddish" as my greeting.) I know I fought Nickscor, but dunno about anyone else.

I finished with 1817 so im very happy. i found that people dc ed against me as well in the last few hours of the tourney. cambe back from 1797 with a mega win against someone with 1850. the sacrifice i made with my toxicroak meant it was a 1-0 with my poltioed having 6 hp left!

I also fought someone by the name of kamz. it sounded familiar from worlds last year but i wasnt sure. if anyone can tell me if it is anyone important than that would be good. it was a very close 2-0 in his favour. no hax made it a great battle

I finished around ~1825, iam not sure, cause my DS broke after the Match against Human, which i won and i had 1802 before ( i guess that was for the hax :P ).. i had 104 battles so far and a record like 84-20 or something like that...i dont know my dc rate exactly but it should be less than 20%, for some weird reasons i have had more dces on the first than in the last days...

iam pretty satified with this score, since i didnt deserve to get higher this time (always had a swing between 1750 -1820 and i really accepted every loss) but i guess it should be enough for top 100 overall and maybe top 40 in europe... i really like my team , but its not able to stand untouched against hax so i should build a more defensive team next time.

Any Elia with Latios,Landorus,Porygon-Z and Arcticuno?^^

Or does anyone fight a Citro (me)?
I usually used Venomoth,Metagross,Haxxorus and Zapdos :P (Last two shiny)

Any Elia with Latios,Landorus,Porygon-Z and Arcticuno?^^

Or does anyone fight a Citro (me)?
I usually used Venomoth,Metagross,Haxxorus and Zapdos :P (Last two shiny)
Can't remember the battle, but the team sounds familiar. Did the Venomoth happen to have Quiver Dance?
My OT was Mr Rock and my team was a combination of any of these four: Latios/Scizor/Cresselia(does a lot of Thunder Waving)/Rotom-W/Tyranitar(with Focus Sash)/Landorus-I.

Although that's a hard team to pick out from the crowd. You probably fought a few like it

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While we're on that, did anyone face me that I didn't recognize? OT YOLO, "CRITICAL HIT is the reason for HATE."

Can't remember the battle, but the team sounds familiar. Did the Venomoth happen to have Quiver Dance?
My OT was Mr Rock and my team was a combination of any of these four: Latios/Scizor/Cresselia(does a lot of Thunder Waving)/Rotom-W/Tyranitar(with Focus Sash)/Landorus-I.

Although that's a hard team to pick out from the crowd. You probably fought a few like it
Yep,it got Quiver Dance.
It usually put one Pokemon to sleep,while Metagross attacked the other one.

My team was:
Baton Pass Venomoth,Metagross with Focus Sash,Choice Band Haxxorus,Leftovers Zapdos,"Scoup"perior with Atk-Set and a Prankster-Whomiscott (i cant spell dat thing .-. ).

Btw,i'm pretty sure i had a battle with you.^^

@Voodoo pimp: I never fight one with Murkrow in his/her team .-.

Voodoo, I faced you one battle! I was Rozalyn from New York and I beat your Murkrow/Garchomp/Staraptor/Metagross with Politoed/Kingdra. I was surprised by your use of Murkrow :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voodoo, I faced you one battle! I was Rozalyn from New York and I beat your Murkrow/Garchomp/Staraptor/Metagross with Politoed/Kingdra. I was surprised by your use of Murkrow :)
I think I remember that, my only 0-4 in the whole tournament if I'm not mistaken. I've been working on patching up my rain weakness :P

Rankings are up!

http://es.pokemon-gl.com/report/#/wifi-competitions/2003

(hopefully that link works for everyone)

Oh my, looks like they were REALLY harsh with disconnecters :)

Also looks like everyone was spamming Ray Rizzo's team.
They must have been harsh, 2300 players is the lowest turnout for a Wi-Fi tourney I've ever seen. So I take it quite a few got kicked.

well, with 22 completed battles, I came in 278th at 1614. I don't even have to question whether I earned CP or not.....

Oh, and congrats to Biosci on the win! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)