2013 International Challenge -April- [RANKING RELEASED]

A new Global Battle Union tournament is about to begin. Register now at the Pokémon Global Link!

The tournament features Double Battles, where all Pokémon over Level 50 are automatically reduced to Lv. 50 while participating. Nearly every Pokémon in the National Pokédex is eligible. Before you register, check the tournament rules to see which Pokémon you can use.

All you need is Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 and a Pokémon Trainer Club account to participate. Remember to register your Game Sync ID at the PGL before registering for the tournament.
The next Wi-Fi Tournament is around the corner this time, aside from the usual Championships points, there will be 2 berries on the line from every participant that manage to get ranked. Both of the berries are pinch berries, Salac Berries and Liechi Berries.

As stated by Firestorm there will be another one of these tournaments, so try to get as many points as you can.

Will you try new strategies?, will you keep your already-working-team?, will you go full gimmick?

Anyway, let's keep this thread clean of D/Cs discussion, maintain the sportmanship regardless of your opponent and above all have FUN!!

Link to PGL information

Ah wavey gravy I don't have a liechi. Already have salac though. Lets see if I can beat last months great score!

Look out for me, Cooltrainer AEDZ with the tagline HELLO BOLDORE ;)

I won my first two battles and in the third my opponent put my entire team to sleep and then set up Perish Song and had a Shadow tag Gothitelle.

No Sleep Clause, so I guess do anything to win.

ummmm... this time around the teams are far more diversified, I haven't found a single Breeloom or Volcarona for that matter....

Anyway, Rain and Sand still dominating the metagame

It was nice to see a battle come down to my opponents last 2 Pokémon in the red and my last 2, one red and one still about half health.

Opponent double Protected so I missed my Sucker Punch, and when his Abomasnow missed Icy Wind on my T-Tar and fainted my other Pokémon, I drop a Rock Slide fainting both.

Instead of a hard fought victory, I get a disconnect right as his last Pokémon faints.

Assuming it was not intentional.

I am using a different team this time. I started out very well and have since fallen hard. Not sure if it is my team not gelling well, or my lack of battle knowledge.

Everybody seems to be so upset about disconnectors this time that they've just not bothered, even very dedicated players.
Personally I've only had 2 disconnectors out of 12 matches. To be fair, most of the people I've played either had sub-1500 ratings anyway, so must not care about their rating, or they got so much hax their way that they couldn't justify it.
Seriously though, leaving my Kingdra alive but frozen for five turns is just stupid, yet it paid off for this guy. :\

EDIT: I say that, immediately before I get DCd on for the first time in seven games.

I hoping to see the statistics for this tournament, I have around 20 battles done and haven't seen a single Cresselia!!! (in master division, that is)

On the other hand, I fought a few TerraCott and TerraVile combos :-/

I'll back up the observation that the teams are more diverse (even though mine is more standard than I usually use this time). Mostly nonweather teams. Although my lack of rage quitters in the past is catching up to me. Somebody even shut it off after trying to stall out my Latias and Ferrothorn with his, ^lol^, Cresselia!

I have seen a lot of Shiny Cresselia, Kami trio, Breloom, Tyranitar, Emboar, Serperior, and many Volt Absorb Pachirisu.

Cresselia usually shiny and he rest normal hue.

My team is pretty standard on moveset, but looks like Tyranitar(Chople Berry), Cacturne(Bright Powder), Swampert(Choice Band), Metagross(Occo Berry), Salamence(Choice Scarf), and Rotom-H(Leftovers).

Tyranitar was the only newly bred Pokémon I had with a 31/31/30/2/31/0 IV Spread and is the VGC '12 Physical set.

Everything else I just readjusted movesets and played.

I am still learning the Doubles format after not battling since Gen IV single battle style.

...guys never, ever play when you are tired.... I dropped from 1660 to 1612 in 5 matches that I loss....

On a side note, what are the highest rating player you found?
The highest I fought was someone with a rating of 1758

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Well, that went badly. Quit after 10 battles, this is the first time I've ended below 1500.

Where can I find the results sorted by continents? I would like to find out how I placed in Europe without counting all the players in the overall rankings.

On the PGL, they only sort the results by ranking. For any other sort type, you can wait for nugget bridge to compile then or you can do it yourself. If you decided to wait Nugget Bridge will maybe have it in a week or so.

edit: they already have it!!! follow this link

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)