Programming SmogDex Teambuilder

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By @sandshrewz, with help from @Toast++

Hello Smogon! :) I've made, with some help from good old Toast, a SmogDex Teambuilder that gets its sets from the SmogonDex itself. You can find the link below:

SmogDex Teambuilder

How to Use

Pick the Pokemon from the dropdown, then pick the tier where you want to pick the set from. The reason why I didn't make it such that the same tier is used for all Pokemon is because sometimes you might want to use a set from another tier. After that, just pick the moveset from the Dex and it'll automatically fill in the rest of the forms. Most importantly, all slashes are taken into account as well! :) If no ability is stated in the set, the ability dropdown will have the option of all of the Pokemon's ability. Repeat for all 6 Pokemon and hit the Export button at the bottom and you can c/p that into PS! (not sure if it works for PO because I didn't try that one >_>!)

Known Bugs
  • -
Planned Changes
  • Past gens support
  • Tabs for the Teambuilder and the Export Done!
  • Level option Done!
  • Option for moves etc beyond those in the sets Done!
  • Cap EVs and IVs Done!
  • Links to analysis Done!
  • Calculate stats Done!
  • HIDDEN POWAH Done!
Possible Changes
  • -

Enjoy!! :)

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh I forgot to mention in the OP oops! Please do use this thread to report bugs not found in the OP and also feel free to make suggestions :)

This is pretty awesome, great job sandz!

EDIT: Similar to the VGC tab bug, when there isn't a Pokemon in the first slot, a Pokemon's tier jumps back to the default tag.

Hey, this is a pretty cool project you've made. I know when I was new (yeah I know my join date is like a week ago but before that) I definitely wanted something like this.

There is a bug or something though that I'm noticing, in which the incorrect sets come up for a few Pokemon. Examples I saw are Aggron and Altaria. Altaria's NU sets come up fine, as do Aggron's RU sets. The next tier up however contains the problem. The first set is fine (ex Aggron's CB UU set), but the next shows a set from the tier below (ie. What is listed as Aggron's UU Autotomize set instead shows its RU SubPunch, including moves and stats).
This appears to also apply to Pokemon with sets in 3 tiers, as Aerodactyl's RU sets are correct, but its UU/OU are incorrect. Pokemon in only one tier are all correct.

I hope this was enough information to help.
Most importantly though, thanks for all your work in developing this!

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's not a bug exactly, but it would be nice if LC exportables were set to level 5 automatically. Anyway, a really useful tool, I'm sure many smogoners will find this very useful! :)

sandshrewz

POTATO
It's not a bug exactly, but it would be nice if LC exportables were set to level 5 automatically. Anyway, a really useful tool, I'm sure many smogoners will find this very useful! :)
Yep level option is also one of my planned changes. Forgot to add to OP oops. Hope to get around fixing the tabs soon !_!

Not sure if possible but a search feature when looking for a Pokemon? So you start typing in the name and possible choices come up until you find what Pokemon you're looking for? I think it'd make finding the Pokemon easier than just having to search for it alphabetically.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Not sure if possible but a search feature when looking for a Pokemon? So you start typing in the name and possible choices come up until you find what Pokemon you're looking for? I think it'd make finding the Pokemon easier than just having to search for it alphabetically.
When you click on the dropdown, you can just type on the keyboard and it'll automatically go to the Pokemon you're finding. :p

Also Toast is a boss! ^_^

Nice job sandrewz and toast, a good thing should be the option to change the moves, ability and item after that you choose a moveset so you dont need edit again on your ps teambuilder, just only c/p :p

sandshrewz

POTATO
Nice job sandrewz and toast, a good thing should be the option to change the moves, ability and item after that you choose a moveset so you dont need edit again on your ps teambuilder, just only c/p :p
Yea it's one of the possible changes I've listed in the OP :p I'll get around to fixing the tabs and stuff closer towards the weekend when I have more time ! !_!

For the life of me, i can't find giratina :/
it skips from girafarig to glaceon
but apart from that, great job!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just went ahead and fixed Giratina.

Edit: Oops. Fixed that too.

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rotom (and all its formes) are missing from the list
Edit: also, Gothorita's exportable has got some problem, because it lists the item as Shadow Tag and the ability as Frisk

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
Rotom (and all its formes) are missing from the list
Edit: also, Gothorita's exportable has got some problem, because it lists the item as Shadow Tag and the ability as Frisk
uhhh I think all Pokemon with forme and stuff like Porygon are probably missing <_> I'll go update the Pokemon list now. Also the Gothorita thing isn't a bug. The analysis didn't have an item (which shouldn't happen lol). I went to add Eviolite to it so it's fine now~

sandshrewz

POTATO
UPDATE!!!!!!

Tabs should be working properly now. I spent a good 30 mins fixing a lot of typos in my script >_>!

EDIT: Similar to the VGC tab bug, when there isn't a Pokemon in the first slot, a Pokemon's tier jumps back to the default tag.
However the above isn't fixed yet. lol I have no idea why that happens. Will look more into it when I have the time.

Oh
My
God

This is awesome! I don't know what to say other than you freakin rock. Great job! I'll definitely be using this frequently.

sandshrewz

POTATO

The tier jumping problem has been fixed :) So there's no more bugs for now I think ??? ?_!

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you key in a Pokemon in the first slot but don't select a moveset for it, and you key in the rest of the team with movesets, the abilities and items will kinda shift upwards.

For example if I put an Arbok in the first slot but don't select the set, put an Arceus-Bug in the second slot and select Calm Mind, and put Choice Scarf Absol in the third, I'd get something like this:

Arbok @ Insect Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs:
Timid Nature
- undefined
- undefined
- undefined
- undefined

Arceus-Bug @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Absol @ undefined
Trait: undefined
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
undefined Nature
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Megahorn

Get what I mean, the abilities and items kinda shift up. Absol's supposed to be the one with Scarf Super Luck but it went to Arceus and Arceus is the one with Insect Plate and Multitype but it went to Arbok

Edit: Wow the nature shifts up as well lol

sandshrewz

POTATO
If you key in a Pokemon in the first slot but don't select a moveset for it, and you key in the rest of the team with movesets, the abilities and items will kinda shift upwards.

For example if I put an Arbok in the first slot but don't select the set, put an Arceus-Bug in the second slot and select Calm Mind, and put Choice Scarf Absol in the third, I'd get something like this:

Arbok @ Insect Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs:
Timid Nature
- undefined
- undefined
- undefined
- undefined

Arceus-Bug @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Absol @ undefined
Trait: undefined
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
undefined Nature
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Megahorn

Get what I mean, the abilities and items kinda shift up. Absol's supposed to be the one with Scarf Super Luck but it went to Arceus and Arceus is the one with Insect Plate and Multitype but it went to Arbok

Edit: Wow the nature shifts up as well lol
fixed. What caused this was what caused the tier jumping lol ! Thanks for pointing that out ! :) I should go make it so that Pokemon without a chosen set or empty slots just don't show up instead of having all the ugly undefined haha >_>! Ditto would have 3 undefined moves. I should definitely clean those up. I made this script initiallly in mind in the normal situation with all Pokemon filled etc haha~

EDIT: made the export text better; it now does not give all the undefined stuff you used to get when you didn't pick a Pokemon or a set. :)

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
I made the level option~! LC now defaults to Level 5; VGC '12 and '13 default to Level 50. Everything else is defaulted to 100 ofc :) Enjoy~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)