Denied 4 article submissions / ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I've been thinking of some article ideas and I came up with a few.
I'll list them below and I hope to get feedback on the ideas and weather or not it's been done before.

- PS Name color
- Moveset incompatibilities
- Abbreviations explanations (gg, wp, gl, hf, etc.)
- PS hints / tips (room aliases, /dt [dex number], backing up teams)

I'm not going to comment on the 2nd or 3rd one, the 4th idea has definitely been done before to the best of my knowledge, and I'm curious to what exactly you're going to cover as far as name colors go?

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm not going to comment on the 2nd or 3rd one, the 4th idea has definitely been done before to the best of my knowledge, and I'm curious to what exactly you're going to cover as far as name colors go?
I am sooo sorry, shaymin! I didn't get notified by this message, so I apologize for my late reply.
Added a new suggestion and explaining the basics of what I would expect in an article about that.
Hopefully this explains it

PS Name color
How do they get decided?
How can you change them?
Who can change them?

Moveset incompatibilities
Why can I not use this move with this ability?
What makes it incompatible?
What are substitutes for a certain move?

Abbreviations explanations (gg, wp, gl, hf, etc.)
What does this mean?
What is the most appropriate event to use this?

PS hints / tips (room aliases, /dt [dex number], backing up teams)
How do I back up teams?
How to look up info about a certain pokemon or ability?
How does the team builder work?
What are requirements for a room to be deleted / created?
etc.

Roles list used in competitive Pokémon
What is a tank, pivot, sweeper etc?
What decides is a Pokémon is a tank, pivot, sweeper etc?
Recommended tank, pivot, sweeper etc

PS hints/tips is already covered in a previous article to my knowledge.

I said I wasn't going to comment on these, but eh, fuck it. Might as well.

I'm not sure if you can make an entire article out of moveset incompatibilities. That seems like something that would normally fall under PS Tips and Hints. This is pretty much the same for abbreviation explanations; I feel there would just be a significant lack of content (and interest, on top of that) as far as everyday battling lingo, though I can be wrong on that. Most of it seems pretty obvious, anyway.

Roles used in competitive pokemon is something that interests me, and also something that could have the potential to have a whole article dedicated to itself. It's about as battling 101 as you can get--defining each role and their purpose and giving examples of which 'mons best fulfill that purpose--is a pretty good direction and idea for an article. However, I'd highly recommend, for quality purposes that if you're going this route, that it should be co-written with someone else who also knows what they're talking about. I'm not saying you don't, but if you're making a guide like this, it's important that you get all the facts right.

Lastly, I completely oppose an article dedicated to PS username colors. To put it this way: those who know how to do it, should keep that information to themselves. Those who don't, either shouldn't know, otherwise they should figure it out. You may know who's in charge of changing colors on PS, but publicizing that information would only make it worse; they'd get constantly bombarded by color changed requests and VMs/PMs and it just wouldn't be the best thing to do.

Spydreigon, do you have anything to add?

Wouldn't Roles used in competitive Pokemon be more suited for The Smog? I'm all for leniency with competitive articles in The Player but this idea doesn't seem to relate to PS whatsoever, while most of our other articles do relate in some shape or form.

Opposing the other 3 for the same reasons that shaymin mentioned.

Fair enough re: roles being suited for the Smog. I figured it wouldn't really hurt for people who are new to PS who are unfamiliar with battling, but I suppose they could check out Smog articles instead, in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)