4th generation team

This is my diamond version competetive team, it is composed of my favorite pokemon.
While it has an overall weakness to fighting types, the team is very bulky and hard to take out with one hit. I spent about a year battling with this team to level them up to 100, and i’ve learned about most of their weaknesses and i have tried to compensate those weaknesses with different movesets and EV spreads.

I would really like it if you would rate my team and tell me if you see any flaws or if you can just give me some suggestions to tweak my team a little.

Umbreon
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 DEF/ 156 HP/ 99 Sp.DEF
Moves: Toxic/Confuse Ray/Dark Pulse/Moonlight
Description:
I use Umbreon as a lead and as a defensive wall. I use him as a lead because i can poison my opponents lead and get him/her to switch, which will let me scout out his pokemon. Aside from using Umbreon as a scare tactic, i love using it as a wall, it can take lots of damage before being KO’d. The main strategy is poisoning, if that doesn’t scare the opponent then i’ll use confuse ray….which will almost assure that my opponent will switch out his/her lead pokemon. I put more EV’s on his DEF because of its terrible weakness to fighting and bug types. The defense stat will at least let me have a chance of poisoning the pokemon that lands the knock out hit.

Blastoise
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 200 HP/ 100 ATTK/ 104 DEF/ 106 Sp. DEF
Moves: Rapid Spin/Aqua Jet/Earthquake/Stone Edge
Description:
I use Blastoise as my secondary wall and rapid spinner. I use him primarily if i want to clear spikes or if i just want to get in a safe switch by sacrificing it. If Umbreon fails, i have Blastoise to take its place…while its not as good as Umbreon, it is actually pretty valuable because of its ability to cause some damage. It is a powerful pokemon if i can predict when the opponent will send out an electric type, even though i wont KO the electric type pokemon, i will damage it enough for one of my tanks to knock it out.

Dragonite
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 ATTK/252 Speed/6 HP
Moves: Outrage/Earthquake/Dragon Dance/Stone Edge
Description:
i use Dragonite as my Physical Sweeper. Since it already has some bulk, i just focused on speed and gave it dragon dance just in case i get the opportunity to buff its Stats. a bit. Most people wouldn’t expect a fast Dragonite, thats why they would most likely send out a defensive pokemon which will give me a chance to use dragon dance and rip through his/her team. I mostly use Earthquake and Stone edge to sweep, and i use outrage only on 2 occasions: 1) there are only 2 pokemon remaining 2) the opponents pokemon has high defense.

Tyranitar
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Mild
EVs: 252 Sp.ATTK/252 Speed/6 HP
Moves: Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Stone Edge
Description:
I use Tyranitar as my Special Sweeper. I know he makes a better physical sweeper, but that's what most people will expect. Most people will counter tyranitar with a water or ground type pokemon, thats why i gave it ice beam and thunderbolt….it will cause more damage to ground types because generally, ground types dont have high special defense…and thunderbolt will catch water types off guard allowing me to KO them with one of my tanks. The only real problem with tyranitar would be fighting types…i focused on tyranitars speed to get in the first hit on some of its counters, it does some good damage to most fighting types with fire blast.

Slaking
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Traunt
EVs: 252 ATTK/200 Speed/58 Sp.Def
Moves: Giga Impact/Earthquake/Shadow Claw/Punishment
Description:
Slaking is my primary tank. He is my Trump Card in battles, I just find an opening in my opponents strategy and switch him out and use Giga Impact. I use him when i have damaged or at least poisoned most of my opponents team, since it has high HP and decent defense, it can take a hit with relative ease while switching in. I trained it in speed so i can obviously get in the first hit after switching in, using Giga Impact most of the time. Earthquake is for those steel and rock types, or pokemon using dig. Shadow Claw for ghost types and Punishment for pokemon with lots of Stat Buffs. it makes a great combination used with Umbreon, Since it will be easier to predict a switch and send in my slaking for an easy KO.

Metagross
Item: Salac Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 ATTK/160 Speed/98 HP
Moves: Explosion/Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Agilitiy
Description:
Despite being my secondary tank, i like to use him as my second physical sweeper...just in case my Dragonite should fail. i use agility first, and if my health is low i just use explosion. Metagross is my best pokemon, not because of its attack…but because of its combination of decent defense and surprising speed…(using agility).
This set will catch an opponent off guard if he/she isn’t able to read through the strategy. It quickly transforms from tank to sweeper almost instantly, with explosion being its last resort move guaranteeing a KO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)