A PR session for PR

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Obviously, our system isn't perfect, neither is our characteristics, and many of these users who have these criticisms don't have access to PR.

Would it be a worthwhile idea to open a thread in Stark so users can critique, comment, concerns, etc about the things that we have decided in PR (Char. of Uber, Suspect Test)? I wouldn't mind running it this weekend (Saturday). Partly I'm rather irked at users bringing it up randomly in discussions and I'm curious to hear their thoughts as long as their username does not start with "Chris"

Either that or I can make an announcement in Stark telling users to send PMs and such and we can answer the critiques or consider them in some way.

Worthwhile?

would users that show extreme intelligence and have an understanding / good arguements of PR and some of the topics in there be granted access? This would be a good way to drag even more people out of their hiding places and give them a reason to comment on what is happening. This would probably keep it much more civil and I am sure there are a few unrecognized users out there who deserve to go into PR so this could be their chance.

edit: i also would like to hear what non policy reviewers think of our current OoO.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems to me that it would be better for people to just make a new thread for each topic they want to talk about. One big "discuss every policy issue in Pokemon" thread seems horribly disorganized.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Every time I've seen someone criticize a decision made in PR (outside of PR I mean) it usually ends up with various people with PR access patronizingly lecturing them. I don't want to see a thread of users complaining and then people lecturing them, that just seems pointless. I wouldn't mind this necessarily happening but I'd like to see the back-and-forth go a bit differently than it has in other threads.

If people have true concerns couldn't they also just make a thread themselves in Stark?

Edit: Also agreeing with Obi.

Edit 2: At times, those people may "deserve" to be lectured, but if that's going to be the thread it's just rather pointless. Wanted to make that clear that some people deserve it.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I tried to do this with my diversity numbers, in the sense that I tried to involve the general community instead of PR members only in its discussion.

Instead of posting it in PR, I deemed it to be better to post it in Stark and see what the general community wants to say about it. I actually got quite a few good responses, which allowed me to refine and improve them. I think it was a worthwhile experiment to conduct.

However, I'd like to tell everyone that if you expect not to get ANY criticism for whatever you do, you're disillusioned. Whatever you do, people will point out its good things and its bad things, because, hey, nothing and nobody is perfect ultimately. The only way to try to avoid criticism is not to do anything... and then people will criticise you for not doing anything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)