A Tier Without Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player interest is all that matters.
If nobody cares for an NU tier it doesn't get made. If enough people want something like this it will probably be supported...if enough.

My first concern is the fact that weather is becoming a factor used to split the Smogon Community for several reasons.

1. 33.3% want NO weather, 33.3% want ALL weather, and the rest want individual groups of weather, abilities, or pokemon banned. I for one drift towards #1. I personally know people in real life who abandoned Smogon because of things like this. However, the idea of Stormy OU and Clear skys OU sounds like a good idea. For those of you who argue about too many tiers, we can obviously tell that 4 auto weathers would be TOO powerful in LC and quite frankly UU. Now, I for one can stand up for Sand. The ONLY new factors are Terakion, Doryuuzu, and Randorusu. Terakion, in my eyes, seems like another case of "New Gen Ubers yet to be dealt with", while Randorusu seems like a replica of Garchomp. Hail has barely gained any new abusers and is still highly disadvantageous. Sun is nice because the combination of its abusers and sub-par abusers (for the most part, I know there are some good ones out there), balance out nicely. Not too strong, but manageable.

Rain...well, I feel I have no say on that. Wouldn't want to start an arguement.

2.Those who oppose weather oppose diversity, a wide range of playing styles (Sand Stall, Offensive Sand, Balanced Sand, Offensive rain {again...a bit of a problem}, Rain Stall, Offensive Sun, and Hail Stall). Was the purpose of all this bannishment and downsising not to "create as diverse and enjoyable a metagame within our best interests to the population a possible"? I know I, many of my online supporters, and many of my real-life friends will be devastated to see these styles go.

I'll bring more when I can.

I don't think this is necessary. I know there's a sizable difference b/w smogon and PO players. (though it isn't skill, both servers have good players) As far as I can see people rarely ladder on the weatherless tier. The few times I've tried it just to see what teams would show up in weather's absence I never got a match.

I don't think this is necessary. I know there's a sizable difference b/w smogon and PO players. (though it isn't skill, both servers have good players) As far as I can see people rarely ladder on the weatherless tier. The few times I've tried it just to see what teams would show up in weather's absence I never got a match.

I play on Smogon, btw.

The problem is that we have ALOT of people who oppose weather in a way that they're providing an annoying chain of unnecessary arguements to prove a point. It disgusts me, actually.

It's stupid to ban things just because we don't like them. Drizzle is broken, and Landlos and Doryuuzu may be, but don't be a baby and just act like weather is the bane of your existence and everyone who uses it is a noob. Hail, sand, and sun are not broken, and making a tier for the babies who don't like playing with them is stupid. Sorry for my blunt language, but we are not going to waste our time making gimmick tiers for everything players don't like.

It's stupid to ban things just because we don't like them. Drizzle is broken, and Landlos and Doryuuzu may be, but don't be a baby and just act like weather is the bane of your existence and everyone who uses it is a noob. Hail, sand, and sun are not broken, and making a tier for the babies who don't like playing with them is stupid. Sorry for my blunt language, but we are not going to waste our time making gimmick tiers for everything players don't like.
Thank you for making sense! I'm angry to the fact that people can't realize that weather is a base of the metagame.

I play on Smogon, btw.

The problem is that we have ALOT of people who oppose weather in a way that they're providing an annoying chain of unnecessary arguements to prove a point. It disgusts me, actually.
I play PO, I just got accustomed to smogon always being down and everytime I went to smogon after it started staying up... Well I just wasn't met as warmly or as friendly as PO :P so I didn't really care to stay.

But I agree whole heartedly with Masterful. People are way to banhappy right now. The only thing I'd consider banning is drizzle and that's kinda it. But if enough people want it/are gonna play it. Then a weatherless tier can be implemented. PO's just kinda sits there and nothing really happens with it. After a while I think the same thing would happen here.

Even if we do create this tier. Why play it other than for amusement? It is not the "standard" metagame.

The PO server has one called "Clear Skies" and barely anyone even looks at it. What makes you think that things will go differently here?

Weather in itself isn't broken. The auto weather however...
People, we have those rocks that increase weather length. You want to use them? Go nuts. While T-Tar, Hippowdon and Abomasnow currently dont have their DW ability yet, once they do they too will be perfectly OU viable (Though I doubt Abomasnow and Hippowdon will make OU without their ability...Aboma even with >.>).
Weather throws a lot of stuff like speed boosting right out of the window. Choice Scarf + Nature base 100 speed poke? Cool, allow me to Rush right past you while I'm a neutral natured base 88. Not to mention the painful effect sand has on more defensive (and offensive) pokes that aren't immune to it...

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
There is no more reason to have a weather-less tier than to have a Stealth Rock-less tier or a Dragon-less tier or a whatever-less tier you want to insert. People complaining has never been and will never be an adequate justification; people complain about a lot of things, and we are not going to create a sanitized tier just to make them happy. If you want to play in a non-standard format, you are always free to arrange with your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)