ORAS OU Alan Kalos Champion Team

Ok, this team is based in Alan team that destroyed Ash in Kalos Final anime. It's a fun team but at the same time a serious team. Despise carrying Unfezant and 3 x4 Fighting weak Pokemon, is still a team which uses 5 OU Pokemon (4 of them very used) and I've managed to win some battles. I'd like to improve it as much as I can.

THE TEAM

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave

At first I wanted to use it as Scarf or Band to add even more offensive power to my team, but I noticed I had enough power already and I needed someone to put the rocks (I was deciding between Tyranitar and Metagross), so I turned it into a utility defensive Pokemon. It's main role is to set up rocks and try to trap opponent Lati@s. I had Ice Beam over Thunder Wave, but I only used it once, so I changed it into Thunder Wave, for support itself and other partners from faster Pokemon. Still, I haven't used too much it since Tyranitar usually is put rocks and try to not die.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Typical Life Orb Weavile. Low Kick has saved me many times. There is not much explaining there, Weavile is my main revenge killer, and fast cleaner.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

I have managed to win some battles with only Bisharp. It's typical standard Bisharp too, play mind games with opponent with Sucker Punch, another offensive attack, or even boosting myself.

Unfezant @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Hypnosis
- U-turn
- Return

At first I was reclutant because ''lol who uses freaking Unfezant''. But surprisingly, it has been key in some victories, showing if you know how to play and how to use it, any Pokemon with no crappy stats in general can be useful. Unfezant main role is scouting opponents, trying to disable one enemy Pokemon with a fast Hypnosis, supporting the team with Tailwind (I have landed more succesful Tailwinds than Thunder Waves from Tyranitar; a pity they only last 3 turns), and switching out with U-turn (Hypnosis-U-turn to Bisharp/Charizard has given me some wins). I know 6th generation crippled CH mechanics; still a 110 Attack STAB CH Return is sweet to see. Firstly I had Focus Sash, but soon I found it to be useless in a sand and rocks metagame, so Scope Lens is serving me better. It's surprising how well it faces some Landorus-T if they are the standard Scarf Earthquake-Stealth Rock set.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Together with Tyranitar, the other Pokemon whose moveset I was/am unsure. It takes well opponent attacks and hits hard. Before, I had Bullet Punch over Ice Punch, I changed it when I added Thunder Wave to Tyranitar for more coverage; thinking seriously in switching back to Bullet Punch.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

The MVP. Charizard can win alone battles with only one Dragon Dance boost. My plan is to set up rocks with Tyranitar as soon as possible, sleep something with Unfezant, and do as many damage as possible with Weavile, Bisharp and Metagross, trying to leave Charizard for the late game. If I predict a free turn or my opponent using Stealth Rock, I change to Charizard, and then proceed to Dragon Dance and sweep.

I'm not changing any Pokemon, but I want to ask how to improve the team. My main issues are Tyranitar and Metagross movesets, specially Tyranitar.

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.
Hmm the team looks quite weak to Fighting types so I was thinking maybe you should replace:
- Mega Venusaur > Mega Charizard X.
This also gives you a good answer to likes of Keldeo..etc
I also wanted to point out that Dd landorus is a major threat, so why not try:
- Skarmory > Unfezant
Since you now resist both ground and take on rock types a bit better.
I'm looking at your team and I see no real answers to Wisp Mega Gardevoir, and what's the best special wall in existence? Donal...I mean,
- Chansey > Metagross
I also noticed that you lacked a stealth rocker that is relatively weak to ground types, how about:
- Air Balloon Heatran > Tyranitar
This also gives you a fire resist and something to lure in and poison rotom-wash,

One small change, I don't think weavile works here and you lack a bisharp check.
- Keldeo > Weavile.
I hope these changes will help your team a lot. enjoy.

Here's a few Pokémon I'd say threaten your team you should account for:

Four Pokémon in your team are weak to Ground after you mega evolve Charizard, and Landorus-T can screw you over with Intimidate because all your mons run purely physical sets. Furthermore, Metagross is weak to Earthquake and Weavile is frail, so neither one of them can switch in safely (at least Metagross and Unfezant are safe from Intimidate).

This one also threatens your all-physical team with burns and you don't have a Ground-Type to prevent it from Volt Switching out of whatever you try to send in to stop it. Mega Charizard is your only safe check for it as it can't be burned and isn't weak to one of its STABs. It also cannot be tricked a Choice Scarf.

It can wall most of your team and deals major damage to T-Tar and Weavile with its STAB Gyro Ball. Mega Charizard can take it out easily, but it will take a load of recoil damage doing so.

Lastly, Heatran can spread burns just like Rotom, it walls most of your team like Ferrothorn does and Metagross and Weavile don't like switching into it. Variants with Toxic will also bring down your Mega Charizard with ease (and many Heatran play bulky sets).

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hmm the team looks quite weak to Fighting types so I was thinking maybe you should replace:
- Mega Venusaur > Mega Charizard X.
This also gives you a good answer to likes of Keldeo..etc
I also wanted to point out that Dd landorus is a major threat, so why not try:
- Skarmory > Unfezant
Since you now resist both ground and take on rock types a bit better.
I'm looking at your team and I see no real answers to Wisp Mega Gardevoir, and what's the best special wall in existence? Donal...I mean,
- Chansey > Metagross
I also noticed that you lacked a stealth rocker that is relatively weak to ground types, how about:
- Air Balloon Heatran > Tyranitar
This also gives you a fire resist and something to lure in and poison rotom-wash,

One small change, I don't think weavile works here and you lack a bisharp check.
- Keldeo > Weavile.
I hope these changes will help your team a lot. enjoy.
Hmm I know the team has a lot of issues but I don't think this is a proper rate. You literally changed 5/6 pokemon, this is just a complete different team. When rating you should try to improve the team without replacing the whole team bar Bisharp and leaving BC wish killer's team, thats just not a rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)