Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
why did you ruin my custom title you loser
do you know how hard it is to come up with a good custom title

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hello!

How does doubles teambuilding work differently from singles, other than moveset wise? You said that doubles has a different level of strategy than VGC, can you explain that a little more?

Do you feel that music on a radio is a bad idea, considering everywhere else you can get music you enjoy? How were you introduced to your favorite singers/bands/amateurs?

Thanks!

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello!

How does doubles teambuilding work differently from singles, other than moveset wise? You said that doubles has a different level of strategy than VGC, can you explain that a little more?

Do you feel that music on a radio is a bad idea, considering everywhere else you can get music you enjoy? How were you introduced to your favorite singers/bands/amateurs?

Thanks!
doubles teambuilding works differently in that due to the fact that you have those extra pokemon out (including a partner) you have to consider team synergy in ways that you don't in singles. it evolves from packing a lure for a sweeper's counter to things like having a cresselia that can outspeed your heatran to set up sunny day and power up its attacks, or eving a pokemon to live through a close combat from hitmontop after an intimidate drop by its partner, which is the sort of thing you don't really get to consider in singles. vgc is also different too. in fact, i wrote a smog article on it w/ lucariojr a while back. not having the ability to leave two of your pokemon on the sidelines means they all have to be able to pull through in any given matchup, and it means you can't really bring pokemon meant for certain kinds of strategies.

yeah, i don't see the appeal of music on the radio. you can't readily identify the artist, don't get to pick what you want, have a significantly limited option of exploring music compared to other methods, and the quality is usually pretty bad. i found alot of stuff just going through critic lists, like best of this time period. i also read pitchfork frequently (although i don't agree w/ all their decisions sometimes, such as their obsession with Radiohead who I feel is way overrated, and some of the latest BOTY placements were weird). but yeah, i'll just pick albums from those lists that seem nice and that's how I've found alot of stuff I love (kala by mia, ys by joanna newsom, post by bjork, donuts by j dilla). the main thing i like about looking through critic opinions is that i find out about a lot of different music i otherwise wouldn't have heard (my friends all have similar taste so i wouldnt get exposed to much that way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)