Analysis Cacturne ( PU )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugimori_332.png

[OVERVIEW]

• Looking at the Stats of Cacturne he Can be either a Special or a Physical Attacker, but we contribute a little Gimmick set, thats very Risky but if u played right very effective.
  • He has 2 Immunities. Water ( Trough the Hidden Ability ) and Psychic. If you can find out a Tapu Lele who has a Scarf / Specs set, and is Attacking you with Psyshock, here you go, Swich in! But be carefully and you have to be very sure, The Tapu Lele is Scarfed / Specsed. And you have to count her Fieldability (5 Rounds), You can´t hit The Lele with Sucker Punch in this 5 Turns! maybe you can Power Up your Stabmove with Power Up Punch or set Leech seed / Spikes.
  • Its recommended that you have another Statusgiver in your team like Toxic / Burn Etc. that makes the Shuffling ability of this set more effective.
  • Bug is your nightmare. Be aware of it. You can also scout with Spiky Shield ( BTW its a Fsash breaker too if you didnt set up like Stealth Rocks or Spikes )
[SET]
name: Annoying Shuffle
move 1: Spiky Shield
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Power up Punch
move 4: Spikes / Leech Seed
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
nature: Adamant
evs: EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • He has 2 Immunities. Water ( Trough the Hidden Ability ) and Psychic. If you can find out a Tapu Lele who has a Scarf / Specs set, and is Attacking you with Psyshock, here you go, Swich in! But be carefully and you have to be very sure, The Tapu Lele is Scarfed / Specsed. And you have to count her Fieldability (5 Rounds), You can´t hit The Lele with Sucker Punch in this 5 Turns! maybe you can Power Up your Stabmove with Power Up Punch or set Leech seed / Spikes.
  • Its recommended that you have another Statusgiver in your team like Toxic / Burn Etc. that makes the Shuffling ability of this set more effective.
  • Bug is your nightmare. Be aware of it. You can also scout with Spiky Shield ( BTW its a Fsash breaker too if you didnt set up like Stealth Rocks or Spikes )

Set Details
========

• Spiky Shield is a Must have Move on this Pokemon, You can Scout attacks with it and make some Damage, and break items like Focus Sash of the Opponent
  • Power up Punch for Boosting your Attack to make Sucker Punch a very Dangerous Attack.
  • Spikes / Leech Seed to "Annoy" the Opponent. He is a little Bulky through his HP Investment and Typing, He can Wall almost every Ground attack (very Common in the actual Metagame)
  • Sucker Punch is his Main Attacking move, Without Boosts he can kill Psychics, or Finish a K.O. With 3-4+ he can kill almost everything. but its very hard to play, you have to Predict the Opponents Moves.

Usage Tips
========

• Be aware of Bug / Fairy / Fighting Moves. Fire moves are dangerous too but not very Common and easy outplayable

Team Options
========

• Its good to have a Cleric in your Team ( Heal Bell / Aromatherapy ), If Cacturne is Burned, its almost unplayable since the ATK Drop.
  • Play some Pokemons, that can easy wall a Bug / Fairy Move like Heatran / Magearna / Togedemaru ( yes he is Viable too. I will write an Movesetanalysis too )

Checks and Counters
===================

**Taunt users**: Pokemon such as Pyroar, Skuntank, and Weezing can all utilize Taunt and can shut down his Ability to Scout Attacks, and thats more difficult if you can´t Check the Opponents next attack

**Fairy- and Bug-type Attacks**: Super effective attacks from the likes of Scizor, Landorus (U-Turn is very common in his Moveset )

**Substitute users**: Pokemon that run Substitute like Oricorio-G, Mesprit, Jynx, Haunter, and Alolan Dugtrio can take the opportunity to stop Cacturne and shuts down the Opportunity to "annoy", you have to swich out, and the opponent gets a Freeturn!!

My Comment:

-First i thought he was a really Bad Pokemon, Then i managed it to find out a good set, that helped me alot.
With his 2 Immunities and his great Annoying moves like Spiky Shield / Leech seed / Spikes, you can support your team alot.
His Unboostet Stab Suckerpunch is a Surprise, even for me. He can almost kill Every Glasscannon-Sweeper or Type effectivities like ghost / Psychic.
And he can be a good Shuffler either if you can manage to tox the opponent, shuffle with spiky Shield, maybe when you have a freeturn set leech seed, and shuffle again with Spiky Shield. and then finish it with Sucker Punch.

I Play him in My OU Team alongside Shuckle who is setting up Stealth Rocks / Toxic, and knock off (like The Opponents Leftovers etc.)
Yes, i Have my Difficulties with him, when my Opponent runs Magearna or Heatran! But there i have 4 Other Pokemons in my Team to fill these Counters.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey! Glad to see you're eager to contribute, but you've gone about it the wrong way. First you need to check the reservations thread to see if the analysis you wish to work on is available, which, in the case of Cacturne, it isn't. You also need to only refer to the tier you're writing for, so referencing Pokemon like Heatran, Tapu Lele, etc. is invalid because they are not available in PU. I'd also recommend reading this thread next time you want to reserve and work on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)