Anger, Frustration, Irritability, etc.

Earlier today I went to the doctor to get some blood work done to see if I'm anemic. After a long morning, I was finally finished and went out to breakfast with my cousin. The day started fairly well, and I was in a pretty good mood. I returned home later and started putting away the medication samples I got from my doctor. My sister walked into the pantry and abruptly said "No, that's not how you put it there. Just give me it and I'll put it away." I simply said "No, I'll do it." I could bore you with the mini tug-o-war argument we had, but it essentially ended with me saying "Fine, take the damn bag, do it yourself."

This kind of thing has happened before. In fact, it happens very often. I despise help from people, and get extremely irritated when someone insists I'm doing something wrong, at least irl. This really doesn't apply to school, or anything related to "new" things, but it really frustrates me for everyday things. Cleaning house, putting stuff away and whatnot. Later, I started vacuuming. I had gotten halfway through with the downstairs and went to go get something from the garage really quick. When I came back, my sister had started vacuuming. I still don't understand why, maybe it's related to my irritation with her earlier, but I just got angry and went straight upstairs. It makes little sense to me now of course.

Anyways, all of my frustration went away as soon as I turned on the T.V., fired up my laptop, and started petting my dog. I realized this is usually what I do to relieve my irritation.

What I was really curious about is what causes your anger, and how do you deal with it when it comes up?

Please, don't turn this into a "Lol, you get mad over that? That's duuumb!" sort of thing. You aren't that person, and you don't know what they deal with on a daily basis!

I absolutely HATE it when people point out I'm doing something wrong, or constantly try to help when I don't want them to. Glad to see someone's the same way.

I'm the youngest in my family, so of course I get picked on often. One of my major peeves is probably my brother. He gets pretty much anything he wants since he has a mental disorder. When we were younger he always did things he wasn't supposed to, and I always got blamed for it. Liars piss me off. :B

In first grade there was some girl named Alexa. The teacher thought she was perfect and so did pretty much everyone in my class...
...even though EVERY day, at recess, she'd shove my face into the sandbox and get dirt/other sorts of grit all over my face, eyes and mouth. I'd get in trouble for crying in class. O_o

People who make threads and then write "Discuss." at the end of their OPs. It's so fucking rude.

I'm normally laidback and carefree but I do get annoyed when I'm interrupted whenever I'm at the computer. Be it drawing, chatting or simple browsing on the net: if I'm on the computer, don't disturb me!

It's quite odd actually, I think myself as a calm, nice guy. I think it's probably related to the fact my spare/free time is being used by answering other people's calls

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
This and younger siblings.
You my friend are a kindred spirit. My little shit of a sister is one of the things which never fails to annoy, no matter how good I was feeling up until she arrived. But I won't go into more of that tirade.

I also absolutely hate when people use faulty logic to back up an argument, and then do not listen to logic (read: my sister, all the time). I guess it is kind of annoying for everyone else, but I can't stand it.

I also absolutely hate when people use faulty logic to back up an argument, and then do not listen to logic (read: my sister, all the time). I guess it is kind of annoying for everyone else, but I can't stand it.
This is the biggest cause of me getting angry. Indeed, there have been times when I've thought "God damn it, if I have to teach you how to argue logically I fucking will!" The second-biggest cause is finding out that I've been lied to. The third-biggest cause is a relationship being sabotaged by one party cheating on or abusing the other, or by a third party spreading false rumours and shit.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Must be a lot of us but I am in the exact same boat as Atheno and polelover. It's not even the faulty logic as much as it is the double standards she uses to get what she wants. And the dipshit attitude she takes with people who annoy her by their presence.

I can't stand when people defend their decisions with "that's how it's always been;" "if it ain't broke don't fix it," or worst of all, only doing it because they believe they're supposed to do it, as if being rude was a requirement of their job. (I have no problem with people being rude, but I expect them to admit it when they are.)

Among many, many, other things.

People who support Sarah Palin for anything. She makes up her own words, thinks Curious George is a novel, can't even keep her daughter in check, and quit being a GOVERNOR. How do you follow someone so stupid?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arrogance is my number one pet peeve. It's one way to instantly make me angry. Also, it annoys me when supposedly educated people misspell common words like "definitely" and "business" and "personal" and "their".

Finally, I absolutely can not STAND hipster culture. When I get someone showing up for their interview (for a professional position mind you) unshaven whilst wearing a shirt, tie, and JEANS, it makes me want to strangle them. This goes along with my extreme annoyance with my applicants who say things like "lol" and "omg" and "u" and "plz" in their PROFESSIONAL emails to me. I really don't understand what has happened to interview and professional etiquette, it seems that it's just not being taught anymore.

Sorry, but when you are wearing a shirt and tie you wear SLACKS OR KHAKIS, NOT JEANS YOU FUCKHOLE.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Scene kids irritate me in general.

The fact that Oglemi became a badged member during my leave of absence also irritates me.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
People who support Sarah Palin for anything. She makes up her own words, thinks Curious George is a novel, can't even keep her daughter in check, and quit being a GOVERNOR. How do you follow someone so stupid?
I am angered by people who seem to take pride in parroting whatever hateful thing they just read about some political figure they don't like on the internet, as if such mindless activity is insightful. (It's inciteful, but that's a different word, not a mispelling.)

I'm fairly certain as a mother of five Sarah Palin knows more about Curious George than you and whatever hate-filled nutcase originated that untruth. As far as the relevant subject matter I can give you the specific details on each item you have put up for ridicule, and how a rational person could come to such a decision (or in the case of "not keeping her daughter in check," I wonder where your mother is? Is she watching your every post on Smogon like a hawk? I hope she doesn't let you post anything stupid that might make her look bad...)

In general I am angered by any undeserved injustice, and will happily defend even people whose politics I dispise when they are in the right or when they have been unfairly criticized. I don't let politics govern my anger apparatus, there are more important things to worry about.

Now how do I deal with it, which is a question not yet addressed since people seem to prefer listing pet peeves:

I will admit I am very prone to snark. Incredibly so. It helps vent the initial rage and then I can move on to more constructive criticism. If you analyze something thoroughly you can expand your mind and improve yourself for the next time you encounter that situation. From then on, especially with the advantage of a written delayed format, you can dial it back and get to the heart of the point with both strength and temperance.

My last frustration at work was basically a mechanical failure in the computer which caused it to only be able to run one application plus an RDP link at a time, and that's if you opened that application as soon as you started up. So I just had to muddle through it, since after all there's no point being angry at a machine.

You being Right-Wing tells me all I need to know, and the fact that you are defending Palin's assertion that Curious George is a novel is alarming. Her being a mother of five is a non-factor in her knowledge of the book or the character, and that assumption made by you is socialized sexism. Not your fault though. My mother raised me well enough without having access to the luxuries the Palin's enjoy, so much so that I did not make any monumental mistakes that embarrassed her or ruined my life. You being right-wing and defending Palin tells me very little, only allows me to assume more of the same. Defend our President and then I might concede that you are truly unbiased when it comes to defending supposed "injustices". However, Palin's course of actions and statements have led me to believe in little, if any, credibility in her. Her hunting for sport is also another reason for dislike of her, as is her attacks on other faiths.

Btw, it's spelled "despise".

Deck Knight said:
I'm fairly certain as a mother of five Sarah Palin knows more about Curious George than you and whatever hate-filled nutcase originated that untruth.
Sarah Palin 2012

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You being Right-Wing tells me all I need to know, and the fact that you are defending Palin's assertion that Curious George is a novel is alarming. Her being a mother of five is a non-factor in her knowledge of the book or the character, and that assumption made by you is socialized sexism. Not your fault though. My mother raised me well enough without having access to the luxuries the Palin's enjoy, so much so that I did not make any monumental mistakes that embarrassed her or ruined my life. You being right-wing and defending Palin tells me very little, only allows me to assume more of the same. Defend our President and then I might concede that you are truly unbiased when it comes to defending supposed "injustices". However, Palin's course of actions and statements have led me to believe in little, if any, credibility in her. Her hunting for sport is also another reason for dislike of her, as is her attacks on other faiths.

Btw, it's spelled "despise".
Thanks for noting the spelling error.

Yeah, see, the other thing that angers me is people who learn "all they need to know" by being Right-Wing or Left-Wing.

Most of my friends in college were liberals. Totally disagreed on everything, and yet I was not such a close-minded ignoramus that I took everything anyone said negatively about left-wingers as Gospel. If you can produce the actual statement from Palin herself about Curious George being a novel, go right ahead, but I have no time or patience for your conjecture. I imagine it was just another statement either taken out of context or invented of whole cloth (like Andrew Sullivan's insistence Trig Palin was Bristol's child), for which I could produce volumes of similar content vis-a-vis President Obama, a man who cannot properly prounce the "corps" in "Marine Corps." But Obama's inability to do such, repeatedly, over several speeches is not a reason to find anyone who believes in him intellectually lacking or to believe he himself is so. It's like the people who vented their rage and hate at George W. Bush for pronouncing nuclear as "nukular," which is a regionalism. I'm sure southerners find the Bostonian's habit of "paarking their caar in Haarvard Yaard" equally grating.

Furthermore as far as I'm aware the Palins did not enjoy any luxuries growing up in Wasilla, Alaska and you never even heard of the Palins until McCain named Sarah as his running mate in 2008. Your immediate jump to class warfare is as predictable as it is trite. You don't know these people or what they went through growing up, you just have your left-wing talking points and a desire to make us aware of them in a topic on things that make you angry. Personally I think it is a petty thing to get angry over, but you put it up for discussion so here it is.

I'm also not aware of Palin's attacks on other faiths, in fact left-wingers of the kind you no doubt get your news from were attacking her at one point for believing in witchcraft because of a traveling African religious leader performing one of his nations rituals on her. The attacks left-wingers leveled on her and her entire family were ugly, brutal, and disgusting. Everything from her wardrobe to how she raised her children to where she went to school was endlessly assaulted day in and day out. Where no actual sleight against anyone was made they had to be invented.

I haven't said one word about Palin or her qualifications to be President or any of that, by the way. I do however take issue with insulting people with unsubstantiated rumors and innuendo because of their politics. Getting angry over the fact there are people who support them though is rather beneath most people, though.

I absolutely hate it when people don't understand that sometimes someone else's life is none of their damn business. This is probably what angers me most. I mean seriously, no one is obligated to tell you anything about their own lives.

Another thing that really pisses me off is people who only care about themselves. Like, people who aren't willing to give money to somebody else if there is no gain for them as an example.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Must be a lot of us but I am in the exact same boat as Atheno and polelover. It's not even the faulty logic as much as it is the double standards she uses to get what she wants. And the dipshit attitude she takes with people who annoy her by their presence.
Loving the way the 'person' turned into 'she' for this one, although I must admit that most of the perpetrators that I have come across do seem to be female.

When say that I dont try hard enough, especially when playing a sport.
Im playing a soccer game a real one that it. Im goalkeeper, and when I dive for the ball, miss. I particular guy seems to think im not freaking trying hard enough. Ive only once raged at him, I told him whether he would like to go in keeper, diving on the shit-hard ground, getting dirty to get a damn ball, just so the stupid team wont lose 4-0. That makes me really mad.

I hate it when people use bad grammar.

If you have two independent clauses within one sentence, then you need to link them with either a conjunction or a semicolon; a comma is incorrect in this instance.

Apostrophes are either there to denote possession or to form contractions; they are never to be used in plurals.

They're going to their car, which is over there. Also, you're looking really good in your shirt today. Learn the difference between these homophones, please.

There are many others, as well, but these are my main pet peeves.
/rant

Earlier today I went to the doctor to get some blood work done to see if I'm anemic. After a long morning, I was finally finished and went out to breakfast with my cousin. The day started fairly well, and I was in a pretty good mood. I returned home later and started putting away the medication samples I got from my doctor. My sister walked into the pantry and abruptly said "No, that's not how you put it there. Just give me it and I'll put it away." I simply said "No, I'll do it." I could bore you with the mini tug-o-war argument we had, but it essentially ended with me saying "Fine, take the damn bag, do it yourself."
This is most likely because you've grown up on people helping you with remedial tasks and feel you don't need it anymore. (Or at least that's how I feel.)

It's doesnt really make me angry or anything. It's just annoying. I don't like Hypocrites. It's more the fact that I don't like it when people tell me not to do something only to do it themselves. It's incredibly stupid and annoying. The only reason I don't get angry is because I do some hypocritical things myself.

Another peeve is raging for stupid or unlawful reasons. I don't like it when people get mad over stupid things or things that are obviously their own fault. I need to see reason in someones anger to at least understand. If I see no reason, or a dumb reason, for anger, I get annoyed. What possible reason could you have for getting mad. Express another emotion. Think for a second in your god damn life.

I'm also annoyed by poor reasoning. It's annoying when you don't have a good reason for doing the things you do. If you get mad at me cause I need something that you selfishly want, it's not fair to anybody.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In first grade there was some girl named Alexa. The teacher thought she was perfect and so did pretty much everyone in my class...
...even though EVERY day, at recess, she'd shove my face into the sandbox and get dirt/other sorts of grit all over my face, eyes and mouth. I'd get in trouble for crying in class. O_o
Dude, that girl was so into you! Totally tsundere rage there. You should have tapped that. lol

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol chocolate-kipp is a girl, but still a good idea Chou Toshio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)