SS OU Anti-meta (i think?) team

Hey all
so this is my first RMT on smogon, so instead of showing a normal team, i decided to show an "anti- meta " team.

If i understand the term correctly, it's is a team that is supposed to go directly against the meta and the ruling pokemon in it, to create an unusual, but specifically useful team in a meta game.

I got with this team to 1291 from zero ( or 1000, to be correct), so i think that team team is good. i am still looking for different ideas to make the team for viable, so here it Is 1

first mon:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
- Transform

Now, there is not much to explain here : use ditto when the enemy set up (mostly during dynamax), and put ditto to be able to reflect him attack and manage to outspeed him to hit first.
Ditto is already an Anti meta mon by itself, since its mere use to counter common threats, but it can be used for so much more- The enemy is putting tons of spikes / toxic spikes with a wall? use ditto to wall back and set traps on the enemy team as well.
Enemy uses batom pass to stack stats changes before dynamax? copy ditto when he switches to force a switch or make the enemy lose momentum.
ditto has so much use that it is a MUST pokemon on every team on the meta. so yeah:
pros -
Amazing counter
flexible use that can catch many teams of guard.
still copy a dynamaxed enemy.

cons -
traps hurt him normally, before he changes, to transforming to a poison mon won't absorb toxic spikes, and ect.
can't copy through a substitute, while mons can dynamax and keep a substitute up.
statuses stack up - getting paralysed and transforming into an electric mon won't heal it, and ect.

2 one is one of my favorites:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Infestation

Now we get to the fun parts
Shuckle is all about tanking the enemy - with collosalic defences and terribly low attacks and speed you can't do anything else. but shuckle has the right movesets and abilities to abuse this traits correctly.
The tactic here is to combine contrary and shell smash to buff your already gigantic defences, while lowering the other stats that doesn't change much. then you stall with infestation and toxic and put sticky web to either clear the paths to the offensive mons. you can try to put sr instead, but given the new item that is Heavy Duty Boots, mons that fear sr don't have to worry about it, and most other mons don't take a critical amount of damage from it, to sticky webs is better for synergy and usefulness.
pros :
Amazing defences.
movesets that let it abuse them.
contrary + shell smash is an unexpected combination that scares some mons.
cons:
this mon's hp is a HUGE let down(base 20 means 244 on max settings.)
can't deal damage directly
although rare now, taunt and magic bounce users are a big problems.
take some big damage from sr

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect

(note that another spread possible is: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe )
Rotom wash is a must mon on many teams, due to its ability to both specially and physically tank mons before setting up and weakening them / dealing damage.
Rotom herre, is focused on physical defence , to be able to block mons like conkeldurr, gyarados before dd and even corviknight and centicorch.
Will o wisp will make mons that are fire ( that is a bad matchup against rotom) to become weaker and take slow damage, while reflect provide defensive support that is appreciated by the whole team. hydro is to deal damage and volt switch to kill gyara while safely switching to mons.
pros -
great defence
can deal some good damage
counter to common mons.
reflect and will of wisp allow it to weaken offensive physical mons.
immune to any trap that is not sr, which he takes low damage from.
cons -
bad matchup against mons with grass type moves.
a bit lack on the specially defensive.
kinda slow

Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Light Screen

frosmoth completes rotom in the defensive way, as they also create a core that cover everything but fighting.
unfortunately frosmoth fears many traps so the HDB is a must item for her, however, she is blessed by a great ability that makes her tanks special mons even better, actually good moveset and the ability to set LIght screen, completing with rotom and defog to get rid of annoying traps.
bug buzz can go through subs and has a stab effect, that together with quiver dance, can be quite the deal, while getting more speed and bulk.
pros
Amazingly specially defensive
can still deal a lot of damage
great move sets
ability is great
cons-
you wanna avoid knock off
some serious weakness nonetheless
really lacking on the physical side.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Power-Up Punch
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

to make the explanation easier and faster, i have 2 sweepers that are huge and common threats -because the best defence is a good offense.
each abuse dynama, break through different walls, have different coverage mons, and are really, really scary.
however, because of their lack of defence support, they appreciate a lot of back bone that the rest of the team provide.

pros -
both break through many walls, really powerful and diverse.
really fast
good types.
useful abilities
abuse dynamax
appreciate a defensive backbone...

cons
Because the lack of bulk and recovery
both have a choice item
don't appreciate stat lose.

conclusion:
i would like to get feedback to improve the team and feel the holes that do break my teams like taunt, traps, trick room team, and many more.
you are all also welcome to use the team yourself and experiment / get inspiration.

Peace y'all
Cringycoot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)