Any way to ban griefers?

I'm playing this guy on Pokemon Online who has 6 Pokemon with Assist and Roar on his team. He's taking his time to move, and he has 6 x 24 = 144 copies of Assist and turns to waste. Sadly enough as well I don't have a fast-enough Scarfer or priority move, so it looks like we're going to finish all those 144 turns.

That's Pokemon Online though, and not Shoddy. I'm wondering if this idiot gets on Shoddy, is there a way to ban him? Apologies if this has been asked for before, but I don't see any topic on this.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If somebody is deliberately wasting the clock then I supose you can refer it to a shoddy battle mod. However just because somebody plays stall/uses a stall based team is no reason to ban somebody.

The best and most simplest response is really to 'harden up'. (unless somebody is deliberately stalling for some reason

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The successor to Shoddy Battle has better time controls that will keep games moving at a brisk pace. However, strategies within the game designed to draw out the battle are not "griefing" and should not be punished.

I'm not sure if you get what this guy is doing ...

Take a look at this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70691

The difference is that my opponent in this match didn't get Stealth Rock up. In fact he doesn't have Stealth Rock anywhere on his team at all. What he does is lead Scarf Persian with Assist, then Scarf Purugly, Scarf Spinda, Scarf Delcatty, Scarf Furret and have one Roar-carrying Pokemon. After 10 turns it was blatantly obvious that he intends to do nothing except spam Assist backed with Roar. I told him his strategy only works if he gets entry hazards up first, and he responds by saying that he's got 6 Assist-Roar spammers, that he does this to annoy people and now he's going to take longer and longer before making a move. 80+ turns and I don't know how many wasted minutes later, he finally runs out of PP on Persian, Purugly and Furret, allowing my own Scarfed Pokemon (base 85 speed) to sweep the rest of his team.

So despite the fact that my opponent in this match isn't trying to win at all, and is aiming to waste the maximum amount of the opponent's time possible, you're saying that it's is allowed? @_@

Cathy

Banned deucer.
So despite the fact that my opponent in this match isn't trying to win at all, and is aiming to waste the maximum amount of the opponent's time possible, you're saying that it's is allowed? @_@
Yes, but part of the reason it's so potent is that Shoddy Battle 1 has quite poor time controls. It won't be as good with better time controls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)