Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

I do. Just was wondering if there is any other WoWheads in here.

Ah, forgot to add my stats.

Faction: Horde
Race: Tauren
Class: Feral Druid
Name: Rahkhan
Server: Twisting Nether
Level: 80

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
not anymore, i have become really disdainful of this game over the past months

not anymore, i have become really disdainful of this game over the past months
Oh? How come exactly? ;;

i got tired of it by the seventh day of a free trial...
To each their own. What was it that got you? The grinding? Because as you level the quests start to deviate from kill this and get that to some weird cool stuff. Like there's one quest when you fly over head to bomb a town.

But, you tried the battlegrounds out atleast?

Oh? How come exactly? ;;

To each their own. What was it that got you? The grinding? Because as you level the quests start to deviate from kill this and get that to some weird cool stuff. Like there's one quest when you fly over head to bomb a town.

But, you tried the battlegrounds out atleast?
Warcraft is supposed to be an exciting strategy game, not something that goes off on a tangent hoping to impress with horridly average MMORPG gameplay that's only covered up by minimal bits of stuff people hypercentralize over as being cool --;

I've played many other things that simply offered more and cost nothing. IMHO, it's something for those who don't take the time to browse the finer selection of RPGs

Warcraft is supposed to be an exciting strategy game, not something that goes off on a tangent hoping to impress with horridly average MMORPG gameplay that's only covered up by minimal bits of stuff people hypercentralize over as being cool --;
I gotta disagree. I wouldn't say the gameplay is horridly average. I love it and so do millions of other subscribers.

But a ton of series have left their genre to explore others. You shouldn't count it out because it's a Warcraft without the strategy. Heck, if you played Warcraft you should love WoW even more because of the expanded lore. Some Illidan guy is gonna be implimented as a boss soon. So far he's just being a douchebag yelling at people from his castle.

BTW, Shiftry is awesome.

You know what I mean. ;)

I gotta disagree. I wouldn't say the gameplay is horridly average. I love it and so do millions of other subscribers.

But a ton of series have left their genre to explore others. You shouldn't count it out because it's a Warcraft without the strategy. Heck, if you played Warcraft you should love WoW even more because of the expanded lore. Some Illidan guy is gonna be implimented as a boss soon. So far he's just being a douchebag yelling at people from his castle.

BTW, Shiftry is awesome.

You know what I mean. ;)
You forgot my point where many other RPGs simply offered more and don't cost anything :[

Take Hero Online for example:

1. None of their names for NPCs sound like they're put through a random name generator
2. Items pick up faster
3. Many more pepple are wiling ot offer assistance
4. The whole game is easier to navigate between places
5. People can shout out to the server free
6. You can go to different servers at will for no cost
7. Mounts and attacking pets are offered MUCH earlier
8. Money is easier to get
9. Weapons are numerous for it's classes and their droprate is higher
10 It's FREE

I cant think of more right now ._.

So basically you like it cause its easier? (and free, though paying $35 bucks every 16 days really isn't much)

Obligitory ro > wow or something

Glalie said:
So basically you like it cause its easier?
That was pretty much what I get out of it too and that is one of the worst reasons for not playing a video game I have ever seen. Why don't you just go play Solitare or maybe in-game Pokemon or something? Perhaps the Elite Four is at a more desirable difficulty.

That said I don't know how much longer I'll be playing but armory profile:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Synre

So basically you like it cause its easier? (and free, though paying $35 bucks every 16 days really isn't much)

Obligitory ro > wow or something
Well of course. You don't just like something because it unnecessarily takes longer and costs more. Hardness is determined on actual difficulty, not loading you down with inconveniences. It's a perfectly logical reason to not like that. Oh yeah, if it were true then we would never want Competitor because we'd be just bitching about inconveniences. SAME REASON why people like to play Pokemon online. It costs nothing in gas and is a lot more convenient than meeting up and hooking gameboys to play battles. :\

And skepticizing what my thoughts are isn't a credible reason to why I dislike playing WoW, Synre. You don't know me at all. That is absolutely the wrong thing to do while in an arguement.

Well, of course you're addicted to the game... so I really can't change any opinions about it... so let's drop that if we can't get along, it's getting stupid :/

Well of course. You don't just like something because it unnecessarily takes longer and costs more. Hardness is determined on actual difficulty, not loading you down with inconveniences.
Hardness is a quality something like a rock would have(or alternatively, callousness).

It's a perfectly logical reason to not like that. Oh yeah, if it were true then we would never want Competitor because we'd be just bitching about inconveniences.
No, it isn't. You seem to be having a hard to understanding the differences between MMORPGs and RPGs - Pokemon is one and WoW is another. Both types of games are trying to do different things.

The difference here is that in an RPG(although to some extent Pokemon is an exception with multiplayer I guess) that you are intended to be able to do everything there is to do in 30 or so hours most of the time. It isn't supposed to take a long time to gather all the modes of transportation, get all the best items, power up your characters, etc., because in a traditional RPG you need more as far as new areas and plot to keep a game interesting.

In an MMO things are a bit different in that it is designed to some extent to emulate a real world, and while it is certainly questionable whether or not it does that at all, it is intended for you to have to, not unlike real life, work for things in game. It takes a lot of(sort of) time to get things like epic mounts and even more to get the best gear, because a large part of the game is trying to stay ahead of the gear curve to stay on top of the game. If it was easy to get everything in the game it wouldn't be fun over the long term and the game wouldn't be profitable. There is a reason why all of the really successful MMORPGs have been set up this way, and whether it be Everquest or World of Warcraft or whatever there's been enough of a reward for time investment that it's kept people playing, especially in WoW's case, which has an amount of subscribers greater than what was thought to even be in the genre's target market.

SAME REASON why people like to play Pokemon online. It costs nothing in gas and is a lot more convenient than meeting up and hooking gameboys to play battles. :\
I'm almost positive when most of us sign on to NetBattle we don't think 'Gee, I'm sure glad I don't have to pay gas to play this game of Pokemon.' I'd wager that most of the reasons are more like being able to face the best competition available in a controlled(standard clauses) environment which frankly is completely impossible in real life.

And skepticizing what my thoughts are isn't a credible reason to why I dislike playing WoW, Synre. You don't know me at all. That is absolutely the wrong thing to do while in an arguement.

Well, of course you're addicted to the game... so I really can't change any opinions about it... so let's drop that if we can't get along, it's getting stupid :/
Looks like your hypocrisy there is doing a good enough job of taking any credibility out of your argument to me!

I don't know how the fuck you try to get this into a fight. It's just an easier and more pleasing MMORPG. Take that or leave it -_-

Wow, what I have created? ;;

Well, as for that part of the conversation, I'll just leave that to difference of opinion.
That said I don't know how much longer I'll be playing but armory profile:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Synre
Armory? I totally forgot about that.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Azshara&n=Rahke

That's mine. Not too much to write home about except for the High Warlord shoulders. I really gotta gear up. atm I'm doing PvP so I can get the HWL set bonus. I need to get gold for a Felsteel Reaper, but after 70. quests are so.. BORING.

BTW, I quit my guild today. The leader is a douchebag. I prolly woulda got kicked anyway.

lol.

Anyway getting closer to on-topic these are a few smogon(or at least IRC battling community...) users who I don't think actually read the forums anymore who play WoW right now. I can think of at least a few who do read the forums but they can post if they want.

Lords
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Noiven
MrE
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Skarmbliss
Kakky
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Morningrise
Canoftuna
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Canoftuna
Dragonmaster
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Renault

Ha, I love MrE's name. And the dude has a piece of Gladiator's too. And here I thought I was hot shit because of my HWL.

I have alt syndrome at the moment.

Strapmaver, 58 Dwarf Rogue (subtlety)<------\
Trachodon, 16 Draenei Hunter (survival)<-------Dunemaul server
Zrakoplov, 14 Draenei Shaman (elemental)<---/

I like to use the black sheep specs. Not so much for the rogue.

I don't play WoW, but I know many people that do. Though I am an MMO fan, the free trial I played for WoW was just terrible >< I didn't enjoy it one bit. FFXI is my MMO! Yes it's time consuming, but isn't every MMO?

I don't play WoW, but I know many people that do. Though I am an MMO fan, the free trial I played for WoW was just terrible >< I didn't enjoy it one bit. FFXI is my MMO! Yes it's time consuming, but isn't every MMO?
Wow, someone who also played FFXI. o_o;

Well, the trial for WoW doesn't do it justice. It just showcases the grind part. The fun doesn't begin until you get to contested areas and/or battlegrounds. Well, unless you're on a PvE server. But PvE is for pussies.

BTW, when I played FFXI I kept a journal of the stuff I did. Check it out:

http://ffxi.tweezen.com

FFXI was my poison of choice for a long long time.

I have a 70 undead mage on Wildhammer.

I'm quiting the game though so if you want some money just ask Railith.

Wow, someone who also played FFXI. o_o;

Well, the trial for WoW doesn't do it justice. It just showcases the grind part. The fun doesn't begin until you get to contested areas and/or battlegrounds. Well, unless you're on a PvE server. But PvE is for pussies.
Uhh.. that just comes to show how smart the company is for convincing people to buy a subscription then!

I like to start doing fun things within the first 1/6 of my max level damnit -.-

Uhh.. that just comes to show how smart the company is for convincing people to buy a subscription then!

I like to start doing fun things within the first 1/6 of my max level damnit -.-
Well, the trial for WoW doesn't do it justice. It just showcases the grind part. The fun doesn't begin until you get to contested areas and/or battlegrounds.
You can do battlegrounds at 10 and you go to contested areas before 20 I'm sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)