AG Anything Goes Community Create-A-Team

I was going to nominate Ho-Oh to start the defensive backbone, checking Marshadow and CM Arceus and quasi-absorbing Toxic with Regenerator (all of which threaten this team), but I realise there's a problem with this: Rock Tomb. If your opponent's Marsh has it and predicts correctly, they're immediately put at a huge advantage where they can then tear through the team (unless Ho-Oh isn't the main Marsh check), which is not good at all.

Based on this, I'm supporting Fairyceus: it can counter Marsh better than more or less anything else (is there any reason to run Flyingceus over it?), it can do well against Mega Ray and Ultra Necrozma, which would be important if ttar gets removed, and it can sort of lure pdon with toxic, which could be invaluable.

Adding one last thing lol:
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin / Ice Shard / Liquidation
- (Toxic) Spikes / Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear

if we go offensive this could be a good lead / free Goth turn abuser and Imo gives better coverage than Barbarcle as Ice Stab is really good in AG. Also counter leads Deo-S but unfortunately isnt the best vs Shuckle or Smeargle. Now I posted enough for this stage lol.

Last edited:
Spikey boi (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
This right here is a good rock setter and helps deal with kyogre (like grnbln said) also helps deal with xern.
Another good rock setter could be pdon but i feel this fits a lot better.

Blaziken @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Blaze Kick
- Mirror Move

This relies all on Blaziken's Speed Boost and the Player's ability to predict enemy moves. Use Protect to set up your first Speed Boost, and if predicted correctly, you can use Z-Mirror Move to get a x2 Attack Stat, and use a Z-Move version of whatever the opponent used against them, usually always insta-fainting them. Then use Rock Slide to get rid of flying types, and Blaze Kick for everything else.

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Spikey boi (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
This right here is a good rock setter and helps deal with kyogre (like grnbln said) also helps deal with xern.
Another good rock setter could be pdon but i feel this fits a lot better.
I'd hardly say ferrothorn deals with xern, which is a huge issue for the team rn.

cromagnet

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Well ok that 4 attack can't ohko so are you saying you want to use pdon, or more attack or something else completely?
the issue is xern run focus blast which blows ferrothorn back, so it can't do what you're advertising it to do. I guess it can beat variants such as scarf locked into any move besides focus blast and the rare HP Fire. I do like that it beats pogre although it has a hard time stomaching a water spout.

I would like to place a second vote if the team is going to be more balance based I'll hold my vote to arc ground but I do also like the Cloyster lead idea if the team is going to be offense.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
oops

Round 3 Voting!
Post the name of the set that you want to win in a post. You can only vote for one or two submissions. You cannot vote for your own submission. Voting will end in 48 hours. Explanations of votes are nice but not required.

21pichus's Arceus-Fairy
Banana's Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Pigeon's Arceus-Ground
cromagnet42's Celesteela (nominated by GRNBLN)
GRNBLN's Cloyster
Ejthewolfy's Ferrothorn

Not including:
- Scolipede - for the same reason as last round.
- Blaziken - because Z-Mirror Move Blaziken is a sub-par gimmick and shouldn't be run.

cromagnet

oops

Round 3 Voting!
Post the name of the set that you want to win in a post. You can only vote for one or two submissions. You cannot vote for your own submission. Voting will end in 48 hours. Explanations of votes are nice but not required.

21pichus's Arceus-Fairy
Banana's Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Pigeon's Arceus-Ground
cromagnet42's Celesteela
GRNBLN's Cloyster
Ejthewolfy's Ferrothorn

Not including:
- Scolipede - for the same reason as last round.
- Blaziken - because Z-Mirror Move Blaziken is a sub-par gimmick and shouldn't be run.
Oh its my celesteela again? But I'll have to throw my vote behind Arc Fairy or Arc Ground, so 21pichus or pigeons

Pigeons (support arc that deals with Pdon especially Restdon, tho fairy is also good I gotta give groundceus the edge here cause of Mega Gar), Cromagnet

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm actually going to vote for GRNBLN's Cloyster here. Even though I originally was going to vote for Fairyceus I think Cloyster gives us the opportunity to explore the somewhat underused archetype of Gothitelle offense / hyper offense. Cloyster works really neatly with this core, Gothitelle is a great help to it that not only makes it easier to keep hazards up but removes defensive checks to Cloyster as well, the combination of two dangerous speed-boosting sweepers and Gothitelle would make for a really interesting team dynamic and honestly seems really threatening. Not opposed to a support Arceus or Celesteela either but those would result in a fairly standard team with Tyranitar as a mega, with Cloyster we get to create something a little more unique.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
GRNBLN's Cloyster wins R3!

Now for the fourth mon. You know the drill by now. What will fit the remainder of the team?

If you have any issues with how the team is turning out, we can fix them after we have six mons unless they're that detrimental.

cromagnet

So we're going offensive eh? We got Cloyster, Goth, and Mega T-Tar, when I see this team I can only think that the team gets throttled by things like Marshadow, Xerneas, Groudon, and potentially Mega Ray. I will attempt to remedy these weaknesses as much as possible. A few ideas come to mind but none really remedy the weaknesses of such an, shall i say, unconventional team. However, I believe that the addition of CM Arceus-Fairy can deal with the above mentioned weaknesses as well as allowing the team to tank hits without just dying.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

This deals with Marsh, Yveltal, Mega Ray, kinda PDon, and countless others. It even beats xerneas if it can setup beforehand, hitting it with a spicy fairy aura boosted judgment. With bulky support arceuses being taken out by gothitelle which threaten fairyceus with toxic, it seems to be a good fit for the team. I opted for earth power over fire blast because celes and ferro should be taken out by ferro, and it gives good coverage vs poison and primal don. Overall though, I think CM Arceus-Fairy is a good fit for the team, as it fits on both defensively and as a sweeper able to take out mons the team struggles with.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Ingrain
- Rest
- Geomancy

Solves our Marshadow problem and is extremely threatening with hazard and Gothitelle support. I'm not sure why MRay or Yveltal are issues considering both our offensive mons beat but Xerneas takes them on as well. Z-Geo works best here, coverage moves are less necessary with Gothitelle support and the added bulk beats Marshadow more reliably. Being able to set up vs PDon is also helpful in terms of dealing with things on our threatlist. This maintains the team's offensive presence while also giving it some counterplay vs key threats so it looks like a solid option to me.

cromagnet

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Ingrain
- Rest
- Geomancy

Solves our Marshadow problem and is extremely threatening with hazard and Gothitelle support. I'm not sure why MRay or Yveltal are issues considering both our offensive mons beat but Xerneas takes them on as well. Z-Geo works best here, coverage moves are less necessary with Gothitelle support and the added bulk beats Marshadow more reliably. Being able to set up vs PDon is also helpful in terms of dealing with things on our threatlist. This maintains the team's offensive presence while also giving it some counterplay vs key threats so it looks like a solid option to me.
Yveltal isnt, I just mentioned it to show what it counters, but if mray gets set up or has eq and predicts it can impair ttar's sweep. And if rocks are up ray can be an issue for cloyster if momentum is to the opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)