Anything Goes Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numel's niche isn't Oblivious... it's Simple. With StockPile, after 3 Stockpiles it reaches 4x on both defenses and combined with Eviolite, it's super bulky.
Though, it still sucks cuz it is really difficult to set up so many in the first place and even then, we have Whirlwind and Roar. And Kyogre and even PrimalG. Numel is bad. And then there's Own Tempo... which is Klefki check.. but still terrible.
Simple is Numel's niche in Little Cup, not AG. Simple Numel is outclassed by numerous defensive Pokemon. Use it with Own Tempo or don't use it at all.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Simple is Numel's niche in Little Cup, not AG. Simple Numel is outclassed by numerous defensive Pokemon. Use it with Own Tempo or don't use it at all.
I don't think you understood it was a joke, lol. Anyway, I agree. Numel is terribad, waste your slot on a Mega Diancie if you're really Klefki scared.

Ummm, can someone besides TheHungrySage (thanks!!) notice my nom? I'd also like to say that PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER UP the thread with questions, it's the viability rankings, not Simple Questions and Answers.

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Ummm, can someone besides TheHungrySage (thanks!!) notice my nom? I'd also like to say that PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER UP the thread with questions, it's the viability rankings, not Simple Questions and Answers.
Although this is the viability rankings thread, people are still liberated to ask any questions they like. Since there is no designated room/thread to ask questions related to the AG meta, those questions can be posted here.

Edit: Fuck it I'm retarded

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Alright, I'm here to drop a gem of a mon that I've discovered.

Articuno from unranked to C
Articuno, with Focus Sash, presents one of the most interesting twists that the meta has seen for a while-a guaranteed accuracy OHKO move. With a Lock-On+Sheer Cold set, Articuno can drop a reliable OHKO on any Pokemon that it faces that doesn't also hold a Focus Sash or has sturdy. This can present a massive threat to many Pokemon. For example:
MegaRay vs Articuno:
T1:Megaray Dragon Dance Articuno Lock On
T2 Megaray Dragon Ascent-Articuno holds on using it's Focus Sash-Articuno Sheer Cold OHKO

Arceus vs Articuno
T1: Arceus Swords Dance Articuno Lock On
T2 Arceus Extremespeed-Articuno holds on using it's Focus Sash-Articuno Sheer Cold OHKO

As can be seen, Articuno requires effective hazard control and a degree of prediction, but the sorts of threats it presents move than makes up for these weaknesses, at least enough to justify it a ranking in C.

Call it a gimmick, call it bad, just remember the sort of threats that it could deliver to the meta given the opportunity.
It's already C+

Wait, can someone explain why MMX and Mewtwo are lower than MMY? It doesn't make any sense, especially considering that in the Uber thread Mewtwo is higher than MMX+Y. I think Mewtwo should rise and MMY should drop otherwise.
edit: is that a big enough niche though? sorry to ag frens who hate my countering every point

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)