AG Anything Goes Winter Seasonal - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ae8cd0e4cd6cdadf0c34683fffd07d99.png

Welcome to the Anything Goes Winter Seasonal! This is the second tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. At minimum, PM me hidden replays for proof
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Winner's Bracket

Megazard vs. Disciple_1
Tohru and the Adachi vs. Hamhamhamham
neomon vs. Silent Mobius
PurpleGatorade vs. Pigeons
Holy Break
vs. Kong Harald
byronthewellwell vs. roman
Paycard vs. Betathunder
nehtri vs. WTF THHE STALLS

Loser's Bracket

(MMagma vs ScarfWynaut]) vs. Zesty43
zugubu royale
vs. Racool
Chloe vs. Dark swordman
Quantum Tesseract vs. Willdbeast
Alpha Rabbit vs. DurzaOffTopic
Xynix vs. eren
Mysterious M vs. bdov
Anish vs. BaconEatinAssassin

Highlight Matches:
Purplegatorade vs Pigeons
Xynix vs eren

Deadline: January 23th
Extension Deadline: January 17th

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Megazard vs. Disciple_1
neomon vs. Silent Mobius
PurpleGatorade
vs. Pigeons - Purple is the better player imo, but idk if he got enuf teams since Pigeons will be expecting his usual stuff. i still have my bets on purple tho
Holy Break vs. Kong Harald - simple
byronthewellwell vs. roman
Paycard vs. Betathunder - one of the favs

Loser's Bracket

(MMagma vs ScarfWynaut) vs. Zesty43 - !!!
zugubu royale
vs. Racool - if no hax, zugu will take this tour from losers
Chloe vs. Dark swordman - i thought u quit. ::I
Xynix vs. eren
Mysterious M
vs. bdov

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Megazard vs. Disciple_1 - RO powers activate
Tohru and the Adachi vs. Hamhamhamham - Ham is good
neomon vs. Silent Mobius - I know neomon
PurpleGatorade vs. Pigeons - FIRE MU big highlight
Holy Break vs. Kong Harald - Holy break shouldn't lose but we saw open
byronthewellwell vs. roman - should be a good game tbh
Paycard vs. Betathunder - Beta is my best friend but even I'd be surprised if he won
nehtri vs. WTF THE STALLS - stallsy wallsy (spelling error in OP)

Loser's Bracket

(MMagma vs ScarfWynaut) vs. Zesty43 - Should be good but zesty westy
zugubu royale vs. Racool - another good game good luck to both
Chloe vs. Dark swordman - idek
Quantum Tesseract vs. Willdbeast - I think?
Alpha Rabbit vs. DurzaOffTopic - pretty good player
Xynix vs. eren - I like both but eren knows how to play well and can counter BP
Mysterious M vs. bdov - either winning wouldn't be a surprise
Anish vs. BaconEatinAssassin - esteemed roomvoice?

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Megazard vs. Disciple_1 - potential for both to win but I'll go for the boss
Tohru and the Adachi vs. Hamhamhamham - upset
neomon vs. Silent Mobius - guess
PurpleGatorade vs. Pigeons - ompl eh? i gotta go for my brother in MVenu
Holy Break vs. Kong Harald - another great one, gotta give it to my boy hb
byronthewellwell vs. roman - byron is a fire ubers player, and has proven himself in fall ssnl
Paycard vs. Betathunder - solid solid player, imo top 3 rn
nehtri vs. WTF THHE STALLS - better player imo

Loser's Bracket

(MMagma vs ScarfWynaut) vs. Zesty43 - make me proud
zugubu royale vs. Racool - oof, even imo, both have shown great ag ability in tours, but ill give it zugubu
Chloe vs. Dark swordman - potential for both to win, depends on matchups imo
Quantum Tesseract vs. Willdbeast - i only recognize qt lmao
Alpha Rabbit vs. DurzaOffTopic - wave on him
Xynix vs. eren - sorry xynix, but potential for an upset
Mysterious M vs. bdov - dont bring too crazy of teams
Anish vs. BaconEatinAssassin - ill never forget when this mans hit the thunder, paralyzed the opponent, and got the full para in 8s and turned the whole game around.

very heat games :]

Megazard vs. Disciple_1 - Might be the second best player in winners outside of PC
Tohru and the Adachi vs. Hamhamhamham - I don't like fluffie so go Ham
neomon vs. Silent Mobius -
PurpleGatorade vs. Pigeons - Gr8 MU bad feeling hax will decide it but I'll take Pg so i can play pigeons again in losers
Holy Break vs. Kong Harald - Another solid one but HB is v good
byronthewellwell vs. roman -
Paycard vs. Betathunder - could see beta pushing it to a g3 but expect PC to win
nehtri vs. WTF THE STALLS - Stalls should win rather easily

Loser's Bracket

zugubu royale vs. Racool - Zugubu another good MU but Zugubu will get better teams
Chloe vs. Dark swordman - she's back on her bullshit
Quantum Tesseract vs. Willdbeast - after wildebeast came at my neck last round i have to pick against him again
Alpha Rabbit vs. DurzaOffTopic - Durza with another off topic win
Xynix vs. eren - I really dont know why this is a HL i like xynix but Eren is far better
Anish vs. BaconEatinAssassin - Bacon is solid

Winner's Bracket

Megazard vs. Disciple_1
neomon vs. Silent Mobius
PurpleGatorade vs. Pigeons
Holy Break vs. Kong Harald-Pigeons Strat
byronthewellwell
vs. roman
Paycard vs. Betathunder

Loser's Bracket

(MMagma vs ScarfWynaut) vs. Zesty43
zugubu royale
vs. Racool
Chloe vs. Dark swordman
Xynix
vs. eren
Mysterious M vs. bdov

Last edited:
zugubu royale vs. Racool - if no hax, zugu will take this tour from losers
If no hax, zugu just straight up lost lol.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-689878303
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-689882107

Anyways, I stopped caring about ssnls cos all my losses in ssnls so far have been to hax, and this just kinda further emphasises that. I would gladly take a hax win myself at this point, but it seems all I can do is either win cleanly, or get obliterated by hax. Probs wont enter any of the other ssnls after this tbh. Go ahead call me salty, but before you do so, watch those replays lol.

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
If no hax, zugu just straight up lost lol. prepare urself for some abominable replays
(won vs racool, ggs)
and here they are:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-689878303 So what we can see here is a poorly built Ho from Su/Mo times doing it big.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-689882107 I built this exquisite and well refined team 5 mins before the match and I really did a great job once again.
Edit: First Blood
zard edit: no it aint
Edit2: oh yeah didnt see it correctly

Last edited:

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thats bs I was on showdown under the alt fighting on alone.(as im never on mmagma in less i know I have a tour game) I had a draft league thing(even tho it isnt an offical tour, I promised to play when i was online at that time)and told you that was scheduled when you saw me. Plus if i was online everyday you never messaged me a time or anything. Megazard I call coin toss because told him told anytime on his profile for today and he said he couldnt do it. And never contacted me till Sunday when i was free all last week for a battle. Love how he assumed I was a no show when he never told me he was online like lol no.

zard note: working on this but haven't received any response yet
e2: after talking with both, scarfwynaut is still receiving the win

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)