AG Anything Goes Winter Seasonal - Round 7 [Loser's Bracket]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ae8cd0e4cd6cdadf0c34683fffd07d99.png

Welcome to the Anything Goes Winter Seasonal! This is the second tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. At minimum, PM me hidden replays for proof
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 7

Xynix vs. neomon
Disciple_1 vs. Dark swordman
PurpleGatorade
vs. Willdbeast
Kong Harald vs. Anish
Betathunder
vs. zugubu royale
Tohru and the Adachi vs. roman
Mysterious M vs. Zesty43
WTF THHE STALLS
vs. (Alpha Rabbit vs DurzaOffTopic)

Highlight Matches:
Mysterious M vs Zesty43

Deadline: January 30th
Extension Deadline: January 25th

Last edited:
Xynix vs. neomon
Disciple_1 vs. Dark swordman
PurpleGatorade
vs. Willdbeast
Kong Harald vs. Anish
Betathunder vs. zugubu royale
Tohru and the Adachi
vs. roman
Mysterious M vs. Zesty43
WTF THHE STALLS vs. (Alpha Rabbit vs DurzaOffTopic)

everyone else seems to be making predictions soo I'll make some:

Xynix vs neomon - got this far using bp, opp might not prep properly
Disciple_1 vs Dark Swordsman - this is going to be a really close one, but I'm going to go with Disciple
Purple Gatorade vs Wildbeast - Should be an easy win
Kong Harold vs Anish - Kong Harold causes issues for opponents
Betathunder vs zugubu royale - Beta may be a bit salty sometimes but is good at AG
Tohru and the adachi vs roman - haven't seen roman play but I don't see someone getting to r8 using one team for the whole tournament
Mysterious M vs Zesty 43 - Zesty has more experience and is the better player imo, rooting for you bro
WTF THHE STALLS vs (alpha rabbit vs DurzaOffTopic) - Hb said to root for opp and I heard this guy is wavy

playing in 3 hours

Xynix vs. neocon: (I bet against xynix last round and i won't do that again)
Disciple_1 vs. Dark swordsman (better player)
PurpleGatorade vs. Willdbeast (Best player in losers still could win the tour)
Kong Harald vs. Anish (v solid player has some good teams too)
Betathunder vs. zugubu royale (this is probably my favorite mu should be good ill give it to zugubu though)
Tohru and the Adachi vs. roman (fluffie is far more experienced in the tier)
Mysterious M vs. Zesty43 (pigeons tactic)
WTF THHE STALLS vs. (Alpha Rabbit vs DurzaOffTopic) (better player, durza is wild though)

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Xynix vs. neomon - Le baton pass
Disciple_1 vs. Dark swordman - Good player
PurpleGatorade vs. Willdbeast - Pg is super good and i still dont know who willdbeast is
Kong Harald vs. Anish - i think
Betathunder vs. zugubu royale - King beta?
Tohru and the Adachi vs. roman - idk tbh
Mysterious M vs. Zesty43 - Zesty westy ;w;
WTF THHE STALLS vs. (Alpha Rabbit vs DurzaOffTopic) - Durza is good so he'll have first game but you know. Le stalls

Reffrey

Banned deucer.
Xynix vs neomon - Xynix is likely the better player
Disciple_1 vs Dark swordman - idk who disciple is but he didn't do that good against megazard
Purple Gatorade vs Willdbeast - gatorade wins ez
Kong Harald vs Anish - Kong is a very good player but something tells me Anish is a lowkey god
Betathunder vs Zugubu Royale - Fardin hyped up zugubu although betathunder is pretty good
Tohru and the Adachi vs Roman - go fluffie
Mysterious M vs Zesty43 - Mysterious M is a good ubers player but zesty actually focuses on AG
WTF THHE STALLS vs (Alpha Rabbit vs DurzaOffTopic) - Stalls wins unless hax or misplays

everyone else seems to be making predictions soo I'll make some:

Xynix vs neomon - got this far using bp, opp might not prep properly
Disciple_1 vs Dark Swordsman - this is going to be a really close one, but I'm going to go with Disciple
Purple Gatorade vs Wildbeast - Should be an easy win
Kong Harold vs Anish - Kong Harold causes issues for opponents
Betathunder vs zugubu royale - Beta may be a bit salty sometimes but is good at AG
Tohru and the adachi vs roman - haven't seen roman play but I don't see someone getting to r8 using one team for the whole tournament
Mysterious M vs Zesty 43 - Zesty has more experience and is the better player imo, rooting for you bro
WTF THHE STALLS vs (alpha rabbit vs DurzaOffTopic) - Hb said to root for opp and I heard this guy is wavy
bro i got to r6 w psyspam

contacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)