Apprentice Program: Round 111

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Welcome to Round 111 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)

You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

OminousDraco - Round 111-112
jordancampos66 - Round 111-112
megabackingengar - Round 111-112
thekeytoyourheart - Round 111-112

This round will end on Sep 1.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Username: blurfiction

PO/PS! Username: blurfiction

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (London). I’m available 1pm-midnight monday-friday

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a Graphic Design student from LEICESTER (we won the prem league ok ok.) I used to play a lot of HG/SS OU + B/W 2 OU during my free time at college. I’m new to Smogon, still finding my way around the site! I’ve been playing a lot of ORAS NU lately just for fun to pass the time during my super long summer holiday and was told to sign up. I love the designer behind the Circus Maximus Tigers Raikou logo, if you know him, send him my way! incredible work.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype mainly, will give my username to tutor if selected.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: madman404
PO/PS! Username: madman404
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 6-9PM weekdays, 1PM-12AM weekends flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing monotype basically my whole run on smogon. I've gotten pretty good at battling, but my building is garbage. I'm looking to extend into some official tiers.

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: HQuaze
PO/PS! Username: HQuaze
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: every afternoon and morning, I'm +2 gmt
Tell us a little about yourself: swiss student
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: only skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works? yes

Requesting priority 'cuz I got skipped last turn.

Last edited:

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Winry
PO/PS! Username: Winry
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 most reliably from 6PM-2AM but can be on random hours throughout the day
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm terrible at Pokemon but I moderate a Pokemon battling simulator please help
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes but Skype is so much easier
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: aye

Eyan said he could tutor me :heart:

Username: Yaron
PO/PS! Username: yaront
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CET (GMT+1), available in the evenings (19:00~00:00) and on weekends throughout the day
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a programmer working on sat-navs; I’ve been into Pokémon since the days of Red and Blue (with pauses), but never played competitively
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both

Username: Luxray
PO/PS! Username: Luxrayz1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 1:00-5:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: College student and wants to play Pokemon!
Do you understand how the
blacklist works?: Yes

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username:Ununhexium
PO/PS! Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5 and whenever I don't have work so like midday
What tier do you want to learn?:NU
Tell us a little about yourself:no
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:yeet
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Elise
PO/PS! Username: Elise
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: the first 3 weeks anytime, afterwards kinda unknown schedule because school begins
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: 16 yrs old and Dutch
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: terrible tv show (yes)

SamVGC agreed to tutor me

posting for a friend

Username: Yogibears
PO/PS! Username: Yogibears
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (London standard) I'm available most evenings tbh
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: County badminton player and writing enthusiast ^.^ Wanna finally learn a new tier and expand my knowledge
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype (and discord)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup ^.^

DTC said he'd tutor me this round :3

Username: MiyoKa
PO/PS! Username: MiyoKa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +1, whenever.
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Former Uber player, i want to improve again my battling skills.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Level 56 agreed to tutor me this round

Username:rAnDOmcAPitAlS

PO/PS! Username:rAndoMcAPitAls

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, Any night except for Thursdays, 8 or 9 after, weekdays most mornings and afternoons, however for the first week until the following Friday I will be in an area with no wifi

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU (Ubers or DPP OU/Ubers would be fine if unavailable)

Tell us a little about yourself: Novice high school student, looking to learn more about the competitive metagame after taking a hiatus from the mainstream games

Username: Crogo
PO/PS! Username: Tenryoken
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Amsterdam Time - I am really flexible, multiple hours a day.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, NU, PU, and in the end Doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself: A total newb to the Competitive scene, willing to soak all the necessary information.
I dedicate alot of time into my gameplay on any game, I am like that with a load of things. I learn by visual approaches better than textual approaches.

I am however very able to understand things via textual approaches by then engaging in a actual showcasing of that lesson.

I am dutch, love metal and rock, engaged to a lovely girl, and raising her kid together. I love them very much. Designed a game or two, one of which is a Digimon Keychain PC version, and nearing android and iOS release guided by our lead programmer.

I love Pokemon nearly as much as them, but not nearly as much as them, if you know what I mean :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use either, and other programs if need be.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Sir, yes SIR!

Username: Shiroe Raiyn
PO/PS! Username: Raiyn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; Available anytime until the 15th. After 15th from 4:30pm-12 (During the week, weekends are free)
Tell us a little about yourself: Long time pokemon fan, I've always dabbled in competitive with my personal favorite pokemon but I never took it seriously, now I want to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype preferred
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

Username: Wind Ice
PO/PS! Username: A Hero's Destiny
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -3, day week: 7:30 pm - 11 pm, weekend: after 6 pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: rpg fan, i like/play soccer.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Username: InsaneDragoniteHD
PO/PS! Username: Draggi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, i'm usually available from like 5 pm - 11 pm, excluding dinner
What tier do you want to learn?: I would like to learn RU, NU or PU. But RU is preferred
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to battle all the time back in BW2, mostly NU and RU, but I kinda forgot about here and didnt battle for almost a year. I'm looking to get back into
it seriously now that I'm back for real. I would also like to become a pretty active member of the community again.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both work
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, yes I do.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: TONE114
PO/PS! Username: TONE114
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 after 2 PM is good for me
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU or ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: College Student and PU tutor.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: either works, preferably Skype

Last edited:
Username: SomewhatOddish
PO/PS! Username: SomewhatOddish
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT/Mondays-Thursdays, typically anytime after 2pm, though I'm flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love criminal psychology and forensics

I would like to request priority, as my tutor for the last round was unable to tutor me.

Username: Hammy
PO/PS! Username: Hammy0
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ctrl US weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: oras OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Love sports college student looking for some help in ou

Username: Machupichu18
PO/PS! Username: SmashingSableye
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: AEST Usually between 8pm-10pm Everyday
Tell us a little about yourself: I Enjoy pokemon a lot, i've been interested in VGC and out there pokemon sets, I now wanna get into compeitive play, and I need a bit of help, I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 4, I know most of the battle mechanics off by heart (expect for non-used ones such as the pledge moves) and I really hope you guys can help

Last edited:
Username: Endal
PO/PS! Username: Endal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5, afternoons
What tier do you want to learn?: oras RU, oras NU, BW OU, oras Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm pretty chill, I like sports making friends etc.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Eutychios
PO/PS! Username: Eutychios
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2, whenever.
What tier do you want to learn?: oras OU
Tell us a little about yourself: ou player, i want to improve again my battling skills.
Snou is agree to tutor me for this round :)

Username: Phantoon
PO/PS! Username: Phantoon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 after 3 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: French and would love to learn OU!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yep both

Username: Mr. Highways
PO/PS! Username: HighwaysMr
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3. Almost every day from 1 to 5 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like mons :j
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

Reactions: nv
Username: SHSP
PO/PS! Username: SHSP
Your timezone and usual hours of activity: EDT, usually on any days around 7-11 PM, very flexible with times.
Tell us a little about yourself: incoming high school junior, play way too many videogames
Are you able to use IRC or Skype: skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works: yes

Username: Celtic Jack
PO/PS! Username: CelticJack
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Central, GMT-6. Current schedule is either all AM or all PM shifts. Usually online for a few hours late at night anyway, also two full days off.
What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU as well as VGC.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like strategy games, though I tend to enjoy things that are weird over things that are super common. My favorite Pokemon is Scyther.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype and Discord are easy.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Seems pretty straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)