Apprentice Program Signups: Asia / Oceania (GMT+5 through GMT+10) (Doubles OU ONLY)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor and live in Asia or Oceania (or if you're a night-owl from the other side of the world), you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)

You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

OminousDraco - Round 111-112
jordancampos66 - Round 111-112
megabackingengar - Round 111-112
thekeytoyourheart - Round 111-112
machupichu18

This thread will close after 10 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of applicants.

This thread will reopen after only 5 posts remain.

Last edited:
Assigned to False.

Username
: Goliathus
PO/PS! Username: Goliathusaurus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8; 12PM-6PM, definitely active on 12PM-3PM. The available time might change drastically because of my inconsistent working time, and I am hoping I can finish the session
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, mostly because it's the most popular. I am willing to learn any other tiers as I think the skills are transferable and learning new metagame is a process I am used to, having played many different competitive games.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a huge gamer and play all type of games from video game to board game and tabletop RPG. I am a player and GM of the fan-made tRPG system Pokemon Tabletop United, which pulled me deeper into the Pokemon world. As a fan of card games, I am very interested in competitive Pokemon - the team building looks as fun as deck building in card games, and the actual battles are fun with all the playmaking and prediction(I like prediction) - but I don't have much chance to try competitive Pokemon until now and I am looking forward to learn about them.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I am on Skype everyday and am willing to try Discord if asked

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to Snowy.

Username
: CS2016
PO/PS! Username: Leafage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30. Available any time from about 6:30 to 8:30pm on weekdays, and pretty much the whole day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU / Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 13 y/o guy who wants to get better. I also love anime n_n
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

Assigned to False.

Username
: VeryExcitedLapras
PO/PS! Username: Acadeca
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 (Prefably evenings)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Can never play well in pokemon and want to learn how to make plays
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

raf

quite alright
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Haruno

Username
: Rafooa11
PO/PS! Username: Rafooa11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5, All day on weekends, mostly evenings on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just wanna improve my game.

Username: KittyKat3568
PO/PS! Username: KittySylveon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30. I'm usually on during the evenings, maybe 8:00-9:15 PM. I can be on at any time on weekends, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. :D
What tier do you want to learn?: DOU.
Tell us a little about yourself: There's not much; I'm trying to learn how to use plays, predict and win in DOU at the moment, and I'd really appreciate help. I enjoy watching anime, drawing and reading - and of course, playing DOU matches!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, but only Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I do.

Assigned to Kreme

Username
: GXS
PO/PS! Username: GXS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +10 for now whenever, could change due to jobs and what not
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Nothing much really, just an unemployed Security guard with a love for Pokemon

Username: Starrydta
PO/PS! Username: thundergoddess
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, between 6 PM to 11 PM on Sunday- Thursdays, and 9 AM to 11 PM on Fridays and Saturdays
What tier do you want to learn?: preferrably ORAS OU , if not RSE OU
Tell us a little about yourself: a normal university student who enjoys playing pokemon with friends
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use both Discord and Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I do

assigned to False.

Username
: TrulyDevious
PO/PS! Username: TrulyDevious, Mixmetal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, 5pm onwards on whole week
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, but I can also take ORAS Ubers if it's full
Tell us a little about yourself: Filipino student, I spend my free time in Smogon and playing mons overall. I don't really have problems with other people and I'm pretty easy to get along with.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, prefer skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Assigned to Arifeen

Username:
Mikaav
PO/PS! Username: Mikaav
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +5.5, evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just someone who is bad and want to get better
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Assigned to ~Eternally

Username
: Assassin Rogue
PO/PS! Username: AssassinRogue
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30 (evenings and nights)
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a student, studying 3rd year chemical engineering

Alexender

i'm doing good, i'm on some new shit
is a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Assigned to nv

Username
: Alexender
PO/PS! Username: Alexender
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, Weekdays - 9pm onwards, Weekends - Afternoons
Tell us a little about yourself: Wi-Fi Driver on PS, new to NU and also student irl.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype preferably
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

Assigned to Eyan

Username
: -Leon-
PO/PS! Username: Taking Souls/iLeon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5, mostly on during the day aswell at night
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old med student :x
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Not really.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: No

Assigned to TraceofLife

Username
: Codogg
PO/PS! Username:Codogg
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8. Weekdays after 7 weekends between 3 and 7.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since RB and would like to learn to battle competitively. Hopefully learning RU will teach me the basics
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype

Assigned to nv

Username
: DeltaRott
PO/PS! Username: Planktonz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, mostly available at any point after 4:00 EST on weekdays. Weekends I'm pretty flexible.
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 year old male who loves Pokemon and loves competitive battling, but has seen an unfortunate barrier in terms of improvement. I feel as if I understand all the basics of competitive mons, but can't really put the concepts I read about on forums into my battles. So while ORAS NU is the tier I chose, I'm kind of also more looking to develop overall skills that I can apply toward any tier. I wanna thank Vinc2612 for recommending me to get a tutor to break past that barrier so I can keep advancing my play and hopefully become a respectable player during the SuMo era.
Discord or Skype?:
I can adapt to whichever my tutor wants. I have both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Reactions: nv
assigned to TraceofLife

user name
:scottollo
PO/PS! Username: scottollo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC+7 mostly are free from monday-saturday at 11H30AM-4h30PM but i'am very flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?:RBY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: a funny positive and enthusiasm guy who really like to playing pokemon games.I want to improve my competitive skills so that i could know what i do wrong and learning from the fasle for getting better .I want to teach myself to advance when finish the course .
Discord or Skype?: i can use both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reopened only for Doubles OU. Any other applications will be deleted or infracted.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)