Art for Social Media

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some updates:

- talked with brightobject about crediting artists in the comments of Facebook posts; we've started to do that. We've been linking to the art hub user pages or forum user pages so far, but if you guys each prefer something more specific (DeviantArt, Tumblr etc) it would be great if there was some central location (aka a thread) we could look that info up.

- still hoping for spotlight art for Yveltal and Doublade. I need one by next Sunday (8/27) and the other by the following Sunday (9/3). See OP

- I opened up reservations for the next round of Facebook spotlights. Again the list is in the OP, but I'll copy it here too; please reserve things :) (but Yveltal and Doublade are higher priority plz)

09/09/17 - Staryu
09/13/17 - Mega Pidgeot
09/16/17 - Primal Kyogre
09/20/17 - Mega Camerupt
09/23/17 - Registeel
09/27/17 - Vanilluxe
09/30/17 - Abra
10/04/17 - Gliscor
10/07/17 - Kartana
10/11/17 - Arceus-Ground
10/14/17 - Flygon
10/18/17 - Manaphy
10/21/17 - Cobalion
10/25/17 - Vikavolt
10/28/17 - Chandelure
11/01/17 - Salazzle
11/04/17 - Alolan Grimer
11/08/17 - Delphox

Thank you for all your hard work so far!! Art is honestly the cornerstone of our social media so your contributions are greatly valued.

Last edited:

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone! Next month's giveaway will revolve around a Johto theme for the release of GSC on the Virtual Console.

Here are the Pokémon we currently need art for:

September 2017 Giveaway Schedule (NEED ART)
Art is due on the date listed.
  • September 1 - Shiny Feraligatr [ icepick ] (sorry for the short deadline and a million thanks to whoever wants to pick it up!)
  • September 8 - Porygon2 [ Reigaheres ]
  • September 15 - Shiny Suicune [ FellFromtheSky ]
  • September 22 - Lugia [ LifeisDANK ]
  • September 29 - (Shiny?) Ho-Oh [ Nerina ]
Thanks a ton for all the wonderful art! :)

Last edited:

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone! Next month's giveaway will revolve around a Johto theme for the release of GSC on the Virtual Console.

Here are the Pokémon we currently need art for:

September 2017 Giveaway Schedule (NEED ART)
Art is due on the date listed.
  • September 1 - Shiny Feraligatr [ unreserved ] (sorry for the short deadline and a million thanks to whoever wants to pick it up!)
  • September 8 - Porygon2 [ Reigaheres ]
  • September 15 - Shiny Suicune [ unreserved ]
  • September 22 - Lugia [ unreserved ]
  • September 29 - (Shiny?) Ho-Oh [ Nerina ]
Thanks a ton for all the wonderful art! :)
Suicune is mine. Also, what happened to vzxt.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I draw fast :> feel free to HL me if anything needs to be done asap
draw for spotlights ;w;

on another note, I updated the OP with something new:
Profile Pictures
The social media team would like to start changing our profile pictures and cover photos more often, and keeping up with holidays would be fun too! For cover photos, we're going to feature art already created for articles, giveaways, spotlights, etc, but for profile pictures we'd like to get new art! The only requirements are that (1) a Koffing is the main focus of the art and (2) the image is relatively square, but other than that you have creative freedom (it would be nice to let us know what you're thinking of doing, though). The Koffing can be shiny, or wearing a Santa hat, or hanging out with a Luvdisc... whatever you think is appropriate. I'll open reservations according to some holidays/seasonal events, but some non-holiday-related art would also be great!

ASAP: something back-to-school or Johto related, since Gen II is coming to Virtual Console this month -
10/01/17: Halloween -
11/15/17: Ultra Sun and Moon -
01/01/18: Winter Holidays or Olympics -
06/01/18: FIFA World Cup -
07/01/18: Summer Holidays -

Filler (non-holiday-related; unlimited)
-
-
-
-

Last edited:

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
ASAP: something back-to-school or Johto related, since Gen II is coming to Virtual Console this month -
assuming this didnt get taking ill do this asap. like a koffing with a backpack or somethin

will do that Halloween profile pic, probs gonna go for koffing wearing a witch hat or something like that + maybe a little pumpkaboo in the bg :0

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Bit of a FYI concerning the profile pics, now Facebook, mirroring what Twitter already does, has decided to show all profile pics as circles so they will fit a bit less if you're one to make a lot of stuff in the background. The full square will still show up on the main Smogon Facebook page but not on the posts on people's timelines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)