Article idea : stats optimisation and LC Rolls analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have an idea for an article on LC rolls, which can be confusing to players new to LC. I will need Article Workshop access. This project mainly stems off the analysis performed in this thread : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-rolls-explained.3508889/
Introduction:
Examples of unusual LC rolls, and a brief explanation of why this is so
Why is LC particularly concerned even though it also applies, although much less noticeably, to OU

Optimising stats

Eviolite
Stat Boosts
Regenerator
Hazards
Status (poison/burn)
Life Orb / Leftovers
Substitute
Healing, including Wish

Anticipating damage and building accordingly

- Super effectiveness
x2 x4 hp etc
Why 21, 25, etc HP are good numbers to hit

- How offensive stats affect your damage, and why +2 boosts don't mean x2 damage

- Multi-hit moves
Complete analysis

- The effect of items on damage output
Choice band VS LO
For example : +6 Atk (continuous damage) vs 4x super-effective damage

Conclusion

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute.

Last edited:
I used to play LC but haven't kept up with XY/ORAS, but this seems like it could be interesting. The link you have links to a PM, which other people can't view unless they're in the conversation, so you might want to just summarize whatever's in there.

Gonna tag Goddess Briyella macle blizzardy to see what they think.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This sounds like it would be a very very major article, in terms of importance, atleast.
I say go for it.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Articles in progress go in the Article Workshop, once they get approved.
Don't make a thread yet, I want to see what Bri thinks of this first.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I think an article like this would be highly resourceful for helping players from other tiers understand damage calculation better in LC, where it is quite different. This is approved as far as I'm concerned, but I'll be checking back over it.

Assuming you don't already have access to the Article Workshop, you'll need to be added by Toast++ or Bummer (in the case that you already do, I apologize for the tags).

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)