Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Fire
- Focus Blast
Introduction

This is a team I built around the core of Ash-Greninja and Landorus-T. I really like Ash-Greninja's breaking ability, and wanted to try to build a team around it myself.

Teambuilding Process

Ash-Greninja is one of my favorite mons competitively and design-wise. It is a powerful wallbreaker with very few switchins, so it seemed like a good start to my team.

I added Landorus-T to the team to complement Ash-Greninja. It can get up rocks and U-turn around for momentum, and is just an good mon in general

Tapu Bulu was the 3rd pokemon I added to my team. It acts as the teams water resist, and with an Assault Vest, it can tank hits from many special attackers with ease.

Kyurem-Black was the 4th pokemon to be added to my team. It is a powerful wallbreaker, and with a Z-crystal, it can beat some of Ash-Greninja's checks allowing to sweep later in the game.

I added Mew to my team as a defensive check to many physical threats such as, Zygarde, Mega-Medicham, and more. It can also pivot in on Zapdos and chip it down with Ice Beam.

I needed a scarfer and decided to put Tapu Lele on the team. I originally had Kartana on the team, but I didn't like the team's major weakness to Heatran and I didn't want to give more free switches than it already had
The Team

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Ash-Greninja acts as the main breaker of the team. Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse are the stab attacks. Water Shuriken acts as priority and Spikes can be used on the switch to Pex, Bulu, and Tang. The EVs maximize the damage output and lets Ash-Gren outrun many threats in the OU metagame.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Lando is the team's rocker and check to physical sweepers. Earthquake is its main stab attack. HP Ice is for other Lando and Gliscor. U-turn is to get momentum and provide free switchins for Kyurem-B and Ash-Greninja. The EV Spread allows Lando to outspeed max speed Heatran and outspeed other defensive Lando.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Bulu is the team's water resist and Ash-Greninja check. Assault Vest lets it take a lot of hits of the Special side. Horn Leech and Wood Hammer are stab attacks. Superpower hits steels and Nature's Madness is for chip damage. The EV spread lets it outrun Adamant TTar and 2HKO Clef from Nature's Madness into Wood Hammer.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Icium-Z Kyurem-B has very few switchins and has a one time nuke to break things like bulu and tang to open up the door for Ash Greninja. The EV maximizes the damage done by Subzero Slammer. Earth Power is to hit Heatran, and Fusion Bolt acts as a good coverage move.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Mew acts as a check to dangerous physical threats such as Kyurem-B, Mega-Medicham and Zygarde. It also acts as the team's hazard remover with defog. The ev spread lets it outspeed Lando-T and Zygrade, while maximizing its physical bulk. Ice is for Lando and Zygarde, Soft-Boiled acts as a recovery move. Will-O-Wisp can burn physical attackers and make them less scary.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele is the team revenge killer and choice scarfer. Psychic and Moonblast act as stab while Focus Blast and HP Fire act as coverage moves. The EV spread is pretty self-explanatory.

Conclusion

I have had pretty good success with this team and I appreciate any feedback given to improve it and make it better

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
That’s a really good team Good Job ! :]

I only have one suggestion which is to play Thunderbolt > Focus Blast because your team is a bit walled by Celesteela.
A variant of that suggestion is to play gravity/smack down Landorus

I have an advice for ingame,which is to keep Lele alive if the opponent has a Scizor-M.
I know that mew can stop him with WoW but Mew can be weaken easily to be in the range of Bullet Punch at +2.
So be careful with him :]

It's a good team !
But I think that focus blast is not necessarily necessary on Lele and that several variations would be more useful :
Thunderbolt for example or even maybe psyshock to hit the defense of the big stallers Sp.Def ( preference for Thunderbolt of course) *
Good luck and Have fun !

hey ToadNorton, nice team you have here. ash-greninja is a great pokemon in the current metagame even if it is super prepared for. the team also has at least some form of counterplay against many threats. however, heatran, opposing tapu lele, toxic spikes, celesteela, and scizor-mega are all annoying for the team to handle. in addition, sweepers like cm reuniclus and cm clefable face limited counterplay after the icium of kyurem is burned.

to start off, i recommend a utility heatran instead of tapu lele. this completely eases against scizor-mega, celesteela, reuniclus, and clefable and can free up landorus-t having stealth rock. it can also give the team a secondary wallbreaker and a mon that can help the team deter the stabs of choice locked users like kartana, victini, blacephalon, and opposing heatran. in addition, it gives the team a way to beat sets like shift gear + calm mind magearna and can help against sticky web, trick room, and stall. it is really important to have a breaker that beats scizor as the current kyurem set would lose to it, and by extension scizor balances. however, this does remove the speed control of your team and another way to pressure venusaur-mega, however with kyurem black, venusaur is managable.

next, i would make landorus a scarf bulky set. defensive mew + defensive landorus therian is not needed as defensive mew + scarf bulky landorus-therian is solid enough against threats like zygarde and fighting types like mega lopunny. scarf bulky landorus adds a defogger that solidifies the matchup against toxic spikes, mega pinsir, and adds speed control back to the team.

lastly, i would make mew run earth power > defog. this would allow it to check heatran much better. defog is no longer needed as you already have defog on landorus-therian. i am also not a fan of running this solid of a defogger when the team has spikes.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 136 Atk / 84 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)