Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

Is there any way, that I get a list of the most used pokemon in LC ? Top 50 or so would be great.

I play basicilly OU and LC is kind funny, but there are so many pokemon that I didn't know which pkmn is good against what. With witch of those pkmn I have a thread that aren't suspected by the opponnent.

Mabye anyone can help me,

thank all

(Not sure if I'm in the right place, sorry - new here)
I'm wondering how it's possible to legitimately get a level 5 Staryu that knows Hydro Pump in generation V.
Staryu is genderless, and thus cannot breed with pokemon other than Ditto or learn any egg moves (and since Ditto can't learn Hydro pump, Staryu can't inherit it from both parents). Bulbapedia says that Staryu could actually learn egg moves by breeding in Gold/Silver, but since they're generation II games, it's not possible to transfer one to a generation III or later game. Both Serebii and Bulbapedia only list Staryu as being able to learn Hydro Pump at a level greater than 5 (around 50 in all generations). Am I missing some method here?
The reason for this question (relevance) is that Smogon LC Staryu has Hydro Pump.
Thanks.

(Not sure if I'm in the right place, sorry - new here)
I'm wondering how it's possible to legitimately get a level 5 Staryu that knows Hydro Pump in generation V.
Staryu is genderless, and thus cannot breed with pokemon other than Ditto or learn any egg moves (and since Ditto can't learn Hydro pump, Staryu can't inherit it from both parents). Bulbapedia says that Staryu could actually learn egg moves by breeding in Gold/Silver, but since they're generation II games, it's not possible to transfer one to a generation III or later game. Both Serebii and Bulbapedia only list Staryu as being able to learn Hydro Pump at a level greater than 5 (around 50 in all generations). Am I missing some method here?
The reason for this question (relevance) is that Smogon LC Staryu has Hydro Pump.
Thanks.
The Pomeg Glitch in Generation III. You can level up the Staryu inside the Egg and learn Hydro Pump before hatching it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pomeg_glitch

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Why is Nincada so bad, and has anyone ever made use of him? He has a great typing, and defense, but no moves to utilize it from my experience. but idk, have y'all ever put him to use?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As you were saying, it has virtually no moves worth using. Its Ground-type is more of a hindrance, as it opens it up to Chinchou and Staryu than it would be normally. If you're looking to take advantage of his 90 base defense, I think Shelmet is the far superior choice (Bug-type, Spikes, Recover).

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are the different types of styles in LC and how are they used? I.e Blizzspam - use mons to get rid of ice resists and spam blizzard. Ive heard of some, such as double sand rush(?) but have no clue what they mean, and would like to try something new in the tier, as opposed to balanced offense or something. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: nvm, i see dcae's thread. (No delete post button to be found :[)

Hey minime1164!

basically double rush is using Sand Rush Drilbur and Sand Rush Sanshrew on a sand team so they can weaken eachother counters to eventually (hopefully) pull off a sweep. Common teambuilding cores which can help you get into the tier are:

Hipopotas + Drilbur + Lileep + Pawniard + Filler + Filler

imo this is the skeleton to a succesful sand team its not the only sand team structure by any means, but it is defintely a succesful and tested skeleton used by many lc players. Basically Hippo is needed for sand, Drilbur is the reason to use sand as it is just such a succesful sweeper and some even think its broken in sand (lol) Lileep solves some synergy issues, namely to water-types by having the storm drain ability. It is also extremely bulky in sand with the sp def boost from sand storm. Swords Dance Pawniard with Pursuit lets you have a good answer to Snover, sands biggest fear You can deal damage with pursuit to Snovers that switch out when they are locked into Blizzard, Giga Drain, Ice Shard, etc. Additionally, its a good subroost murkrow counter.

A common skeleton for balanced teams are:

Choicer Scarf Snover / Subroost Mukrow /Fighting-type / spinner / Murkrow counter / Filler

quite a few succesful teams use this Formula, iss's lc rising, and ebeasts balanced bucket variable does to iirc.

Scarf snover murders sand and has fantastic synergy with subroost krow since krow can easily scare out the Fighting-types that threaten snover and Snover can take out one of krows biggest counters, Chinchou. Due to the rock-type weakness a spinner and fightin-type are needed to remove rocks and threat rock and steel-types respectively. A Murkow counter is needed so murkrow doesn't tear the tean apart and the last slot is up to you! (well they all are really lol)

Reactions: tcr

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey minime1164!

basically double rush is using Sand Rush Drilbur and Sand Rush Sanshrew on a sand team so they can weaken eachother counters to eventually (hopefully) pull off a sweep. Common teambuilding cores which can help you get into the tier are:

Hipopotas + Drilbur + Lileep + Pawniard + Filler + Filler

imo this is the skeleton to a succesful sand team its not the only sand team structure by any means, but it is defintely a succesful and tested skeleton used by many lc players. Basically Hippo is needed for sand, Drilbur is the reason to use sand as it is just such a succesful sweeper and some even think its broken in sand (lol) Lileep solves some synergy issues, namely to water-types by having the storm drain ability. It is also extremely bulky in sand with the sp def boost from sand storm. Swords Dance Pawniard with Pursuit lets you have a good answer to Snover, sands biggest fear You can deal damage with pursuit to Snovers that switch out when they are locked into Blizzard, Giga Drain, Ice Shard, etc. Additionally, its a good subroost murkrow counter.

A common skeleton for balanced teams are:

Choicer Scarf Snover / Subroost Mukrow /Fighting-type / spinner / Murkrow counter / Filler

quite a few succesful teams use this Formula, iss's lc rising, and ebeasts balanced bucket variable does to iirc.

Scarf snover murders sand and has fantastic synergy with subroost krow since krow can easily scare out the Fighting-types that threaten snover and Snover can take out one of krows biggest counters, Chinchou. Due to the rock-type weakness a spinner and fightin-type are needed to remove rocks and threat rock and steel-types respectively. A Murkow counter is needed so murkrow doesn't tear the tean apart and the last slot is up to you! (well they all are really lol)
Thanks man! the reasoning behind the teambuilding stuff really helped me understand that better. currently though, im using something similar to the 2nd skeleton, with a mienfoo/misdreavus/abra core, and its been working great! thanks for the reply!

The easier way is usually to look onsite for spreads or just drag the bar until it goes up by one.
Also after you raise the first stat point(for example, defense is raised from 10 to 11 and 10 is minimum investment), the next point is always raised by one after adding 80 EVs. This comes helpful especially when making custom sets.

If you're running Sand, Lileep is a good counter to Scarf Porygon.
236 SpA Porygon Ice Beam vs. 228 HP / 60 SpD Eviolite Lileep in sand: 8-10 (30.76 - 38.46%) -- 61.55% chance to 3HKO
You can come in, tank an Ice Beam, Recover off the damage, and then use Giga Drain or Toxic to wear it down.

Scarf Mienfoo is a good check. It outspeeds and kills with HJK. Scarf Murkrow is in a similar position using Brave Bird, although it does enjoy SR being up.

Steel types, such as Evio Magnemite and Pawniard can also handle anything that Scarf Porygon can dish out.

is it me or there are some problems about 5GLc on showdown ? I can't ladd with my old teams, it says me "- Foongus can't learn Stun Spore because it's incompatible with its ability or another move. - Scraggy can't learn Dragon Dance because it's incompatible with another move." or "- Scraggy can't learn High Jump Kick because it's incompatible with another move. - Scraggy can't learn Crunch because it's incompatible with another move. - my little pony (Ponyta) can't learn Flare Blitz because it's incompatible with another move."

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
is it me or there are some problems about 5GLc on showdown ? I can't ladd with my old teams, it says me "- Foongus can't learn Stun Spore because it's incompatible with its ability or another move. - Scraggy can't learn Dragon Dance because it's incompatible with another move." or "- Scraggy can't learn High Jump Kick because it's incompatible with another move. - Scraggy can't learn Crunch because it's incompatible with another move. - my little pony (Ponyta) can't learn Flare Blitz because it's incompatible with another move."
Yeah, gen 6 shitted on fifth gen LC, there are illegalities everywhere, they're gonna be fixed eventually.

I've been looking around on Serebii, Bulbapedia, and here for an answer to this but I still haven't found anything-
does Unnerve prevent the consumption of Berry Juice? Seeing as it's been unbanned I was wondering if Unnerve could help muscle past 'mons that would otherwise survive with it.

I've been looking around on Serebii, Bulbapedia, and here for an answer to this but I still haven't found anything-
does Unnerve prevent the consumption of Berry Juice? Seeing as it's been unbanned I was wondering if Unnerve could help muscle past 'mons that would otherwise survive with it.
as far as i know it does
but are there even remotely usable mons with that ability besides joltik?

as far as i know it does
but are there even remotely usable mons with that ability besides joltik?
I was considering using Litleo- it has better bulk than Growlithe (without Eviolite) and better speed, as well as decent Special Attack. I want to pair it with Pumpkaboo in a defensive core- they cover most of each other's weaknesses and, on paper, look like they have decent synergy. Houndour would have been nice, but it seems far too frail for a defensive role.
Of course this is all just conjecture but I'm new so I thought it couldn't hurt to try. If something else would work better, feel free to give me suggestions.

im looking into this meta because it seems pretty cool. how active is it and how would I go about finding people to battle? oh and is their any where I can find anything on the gen 6 meta?

im looking into this meta because it seems pretty cool. how active is it and how would I go about finding people to battle? oh and is their any where I can find anything on the gen 6 meta?
Look in the little cup section of the uncharted tertorry

Welcome to LC first of all. You're right, that's pretty cool and very competitive tier. If you want to play with, i can join Pokemon Showdown, a very good Pokemon battle simulator. You can find many players and many suggestions too. About gen 6 meta, you can find what are you looking for on this sub-forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)