Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I'm raising a Jolteon in-game in Soul Silver, trying to make a Charge Beam set. It's got Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, and hidden power, and the hidden power is Water-type. Power is uncertian, but seems lackluster. Should I keep the Hidden Power, or would a move like Substitute or Yawn or Signal Beam or [other] do more good?

Oh...thanks :)

And another one, why is the ou list different from smogon and PO?
2 reasons:

The pokemon banned to Uber may be slightly different due to different opinions between smogonites and PO errrr, people.

The cutoff number, which is where OU stops at, which is the 53rd most OU pokemon in the OU tier and that is the least used OU pokemon lol. PO might have a different cut off number or some other method of cutting off tiers.

I dont know if this is the correct thread to ask but here I go: I read the entry in 4th geb for linoone and Im interested in making that belly drum/salac berry/ gluttony set with extremespeed but people keeps saying ia imposible and illegal to get, so could some one explain me what is the legal way of getting these moves and ability on linoone? If it exist of course

I dont know if this is the correct thread to ask but here I go: I read the entry in 4th geb for linoone and Im interested in making that belly drum/salac berry/ gluttony set with extremespeed but people keeps saying ia imposible and illegal to get, so could some one explain me what is the legal way of getting these moves and ability on linoone? If it exist of course
It's extremely rare, but not impossible. Here are the steps needed to do it...

1) Get yourself a Zigzagoon from Pokemon Box, also known as "The Berry Glitch Fix" Zigzagoon. This is the only legal way to get ExtremeSpeed for Zigzagoon/Linoone.

2) Do NOT evolve it in Gen 3. Transfer it to Gen 4 as Zigzagoon.

3) Evolve Zigzagoon in Gen 4. You will have a 50% chance it will change it's ability to Gluttony upon evolution into Linoone.

Good luck.

i'm battling my... younger friends sometime soon, in dpphgss doubles, (actual games, not PO) there not that good at battling, so they no nothing about tiers and whatnot, or even the difference between spa and atk, to them a high base power move is a high damaging move. however they are not using bad pokemon, EV trained dragons and darkrai might be enough to stop my average battling skills. my brother will be battling along side me, however he is just a tiny bit more knoledgable than my friends.

ANYWAY. i know there using salamence and darkrai, as well as dragonite and riachu i think. i am using a timid f-sash nasty plot porygon-z as my first poke out, and the second will be a scarf'd garchomp. i need to know if i should run jolly or adamant on garchomp, i know adamant with scarf will outrun mence (they don't have ANY items), and obviously dragonite, but will jolly outspeed timid darkai? i only want to use jolly if it will outspeed darkrai. and for the third pokemon, i need to choose from these,

Blissey w/ lefties
bold 152 hp/ 252 def/ 106 spa
rest|sleeptalk
toxic|ice beam/focus blast
i have never really made a real pokemon team in any of games, but i've seen blissey wall like a champ on youtube and whatnot. and when battling against my friends blissey should be taking like 12% each hit or less. stalling these two kids would be so awesome.

Heracross w/ lum berry
adamant 252 hp/ 252 atk/ 4 def
close combat|megahorn
stone edge|earthquake
a bulky-right back achya-kind of heracross, absorbing a dark void with lum berry, and OHKO'ing with close combat would be cool, as well as OHKO'ing raichu with EQ. megahorn incase he brings a pokemon i didn't know he had and stone edge for the fly/dragons.

i could also use the same exact set, with pinsir, the more defensive equivelent of hera just without second typing.

thanks for any help i get! i might even post a warstory of it when we do it. witch reminds me of one more quick question, can you play a 4th gen pokemon game on a 3ds and still connect with another 4th gen game thats being played on a ds (light)?

EDIT: lol whoops changed blisseys nature from impish to bold

no it won't jafro, at maybe 20 more levels it will have noticeably more speed, unfortunately.
this is not fully actuate, but if you were say considering battling with it in a lv. 30-35 battle, it would be just as good as rare candying it, or sticking it in the daycare.

does guts work with sleep in gen v? i know it works in gen IV but i want to be sure.

does Anger point trigger from behind protect or substitute?

scarfomp adamant should outrun darkrai. as for your 3rd, it depends on your bros pokemon, i think. if he uses flying/levitating pokemon to skip EQ, heracross. if not, blissey is probly best, with ice beam.

and i envy your friends. used to be hyper beam on a fast poke was the best you could get. now im breeding 50 tauros to get the right IVs...

Is there a timeline of the changes in tiers that happened throughout the 4th gen metagame (including the initial tiers)? If there is, where could one find it? And if one does not exist, where could one do the research?

does Anger point trigger from behind protect or substitute?
As far as I know, protect ignores any critical hit, meaning anger point does not activate, but with subsitute it still registers, activating anger point and giving you a handy +6. If you still want to know.

I'm trying to use a mimic glitch team to see how far I can get in the battle tower. I'm using ninjask with spore/bellydrum/baton pass/protect, metagross with meteor mash/bullet punch/earthquake/explosion and tyranitar with pursuit/stone edge/ice fang/earthquake

the goal is to pass a +3 speed and +6 attack boost to metagross as long as their lead isnt 1 of 8 pokemon that cant fall asleep. Any suggestions on the third pokemon (non mimic glitch) to take care of insomniacs? Thanks

Any suggestions on the third pokemon (non mimic glitch) to take care of insomniacs? Thanks
Tyranitar should be fine, since all of the insomiacs are weak to rock moves or/and physical rock moves. I personally prefer Rock Slide because it is not as likely as Stone Edge to let me down in crucial moments.
Noctowl and Banette won't be able to harm Tyranitar seriously (Hypnosis or Will-O-Wisp). Unfortunately Hypno, Ariados and Honchkrow can outspeed him and hurt him with super effective hits (Honchkrow's Superpower KOs most of the time). When you run max speed they often won't outrun you, but to be safe, a Choice Scarf won't hurt.

You might try an anti-insomnia Scarfer with Crunch, Stone Edge, Rock Slide and a filler (Pursuit, Ice Fang). Secondly, you might consider Substitute over protect on Ninjask, just in case to catch status; the absence of Prankster is godsent for you. If you face Noctowl of Banette, you can sub before passing to Tyranitar to secure that not some random WoW or Hypnosis ruin the run.

Tyranitar should be fine, since all of the insomiacs are weak to rock moves or/and physical rock moves. I personally prefer Rock Slide because it is not as likely as Stone Edge to let me down in crucial moments.
Noctowl and Banette won't be able to harm Tyranitar seriously (Hypnosis or Will-O-Wisp). Unfortunately Hypno, Ariados and Honchkrow can outspeed him and hurt him with super effective hits (Honchkrow's Superpower KOs most of the time). When you run max speed they often won't outrun you, but to be safe, a Choice Scarf won't hurt.

You might try an anti-insomnia Scarfer with Crunch, Stone Edge, Rock Slide and a filler (Pursuit, Ice Fang). Secondly, you might consider Substitute over protect on Ninjask, just in case to catch status; the absence of Prankster is godsent for you. If you face Noctowl of Banette, you can sub before passing to Tyranitar to secure that not some random WoW or Hypnosis ruin the run.
Wow someone actually replied, im gunna try that set with tyranitar @ choice scarf and the substitute on ninjask is a really good idea. Thanks a lot!

Did we have a server crash this afternoon? There were way more posts earlier today and definitely more questions and more answers than there are now in this thread...

As Serebii puts it:The user attacks the target with stored power. The more the user's stats are raised, the greater the damage. This attack's power starts off with 20 Base Power but increases by 20 Base Power for each stat increase used by the Pokémon. Can get a maximum Base Power of 860. Moves with stat lowering effects do not affect this move's power.

Seeing as reflect/light screen do not boost stats, I think it is safe to assume that Stored Power is not boosted in any way. Great Question though.

Source: http://serebii.net/attackdex-bw/storedpower.shtml#details

If my Mightyena has been trained to max attack, max speed and the rest in defense (510 total), and it is still not level 100, is it safe for me to just run the E4 to get it to 100 without losing any of my invested EVs?

Hey, guys; long time, no see.

Alright, so I've been sketching an idea for a Battle Tower team. Basically, it works like this: the first guy out sweeps (hopefully knocking out the first Pokemon), then uses Destiny Bond on their second Pokemon (hopefully knocking out 'mon, as well), and my second Pokemon uses Perish Song and the countdown begins to victory. If everything doesn't go according to plan, I send out my last resort, who I think might be Metacross simply because he's beast. To put it into more professional terms, by "beast," I mean bulky, powerful, blessed with few weaknesses, and he has STAB on Bullet Punch.

So, first of all, the theory itself: good, bad, passable, unoriginal (I've never heard of anyone else using it, but that doesn't mean I'm the first to think it up)? What do you think?

And if I should go with it, I think I might go with Gengar|Gallade as my Destiny Bonder, then Jynx|Mismagius as my Perish Songer. Quite frankly, though, Gengar and Mismagius are the best at their respective jobs, but I'm afraid to allow them to coexist because they're both Ghosts. Should that be overlooked? (To be honest, though, I still feel Gallade and Mismagius would be the best combination because Gallade doesn't need to rely on Focus Blast.)

Thanks again to all who reply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)