Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

So I just moved to Uni, and have been trying to get on Shoddy, but it seems I'm out of luck as I can't connect to any server, keep getting a time out message. I also tried PO but no servers were appearing on PO either. I have internet and both my browsers are connected as well as skype working. Are there some settings i need to change in order to be able to connect?

I played my first battle on Shoddy today after downloading it, and won.

That aside, how can I view my statistics/record/etc.? Is there like a user profile or something? And what is volatility? Is there a way to simply view the leaderboards for each tier?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

I keep getting this error whenever I try to start up Pokelab:
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Pokemon Lab
Vendor: Catherine Fitzpatrick & Benjamin Gwin
Category: Unexpected Error

Unexpected exception: java.lang.Exception
It's kind of odd because SB1 works just fine, and I've re-downloaded this thing twice already.

I'm not really experienced with this kind of stuff, so a bit of help would be appreciated ^_^

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Pokemon Lab requires Java 1.5. Old versions of Mac OS X do not allow you to upgrade to Java 1.5 without buying a new version of OS X. If your version is this old, there is nothing we can do. Forward your complaints to Steve Jobs. However, if your version is a bit newer you may want to try upgrading to Java 1.5.

Pokemon Lab requires Java 1.5. Old versions of Mac OS X do not allow you to upgrade to Java 1.5 without buying a new version of OS X. If your version is this old, there is nothing we can do. Forward your complaints to Steve Jobs. However, if your version is a bit newer you may want to try upgrading to Java 1.5.
I have Windows 7 and Java Version 6 Update 21. I am getting the same error message. Unable to launch the application.

So I just moved to Uni, and have been trying to get on Shoddy, but it seems I'm out of luck as I can't connect to any server, keep getting a time out message. I also tried PO but no servers were appearing on PO either. I have internet and both my browsers are connected as well as skype working. Are there some settings i need to change in order to be able to connect?
I am still having trouble getting on shoddy/PO and now on PokeLab. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm having trouble updating my sprites to HG/SS in Pokemon Lab. I have both the HG/SS and Platinum Packages installed in my preferences. Currently my sprites are the Platinum sprites but I don't know how to make it so that the HG/SS sprites are my current sprites. Default doesn't even have HG/SS it just has D/P and Platinum. I could really use some help with this

@Nbz & Plusle - I believe that the server is offline for now; probably fixing bugs and such. It should be online sooner or later.

Well for starters, you need Trac, MySQL, MySQL++, (maybe Java?), and Linux, to run the makefile of the server. I suggest installing a webserver (XAMPP: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html), Includes MySQL. Then Install MySQL++ onto that, and java is a seperate which you can probably run either of these commands:
Code:
yum install java
apt install java
[
Then Try installing Trac 1.0.8 (Or maybe 2.0.8?), and then configure the server, build, and run the makefile. Good luck, I'm going to make one when I get around to it.

User "server news" just announced that the b&w updates will go in 10/1/10-10/5/10 and smogon server will be down during those times. Is this true?

I cant save my team. i create the team and when i click the save button on the left nothing happens. when i go to Fille>save i save it but it has an error bringing up my team. "Unknown Error Reading Team."
EDIT: i found out that my problem was related to a jolteon. i ont know what it was but as soon as i pulled the jolteon from my team everything was hunky-dory.

Okay, I make a team on Pokelab and then I save it. Problem is, I can't seem to load it. I suspect it being the wrong filetype, but as what filetype should I save it then?

You need to go into your router settings. Open a cmd prompt and type ipconfig then type your default gateway into Internet Explorer's address bar. Your router settings should come up and from there it's pretty router specific.

@FLying Lotus:

Save it as a .sbt file. I don't believe you can use Shoddy teams in Pokelab either.

How do you get the health BARS to say percents? I got the text to say it but I can't get the bars to say percents, which bugs me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)