Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Has anyone tried Skuntank yet? If so what sets / spreads / item or you using because I'm pretty clueless outside it NEEDS Defog (bar possibly special variants as they aren't directly outclassed by Drapion)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone tried Skuntank yet? If so what sets / spreads / item or you using because I'm pretty clueless outside it NEEDS Defog (bar possibly special variants as they aren't directly outclassed by Drapion)
For instance, it just needs defog to not be directly outclassed by Drapion regardless if it is either physical or special, it is important to emphasize. Skuntank is intriguing, only really used the special set on very little times so it is something I want to test myself once the University frees me.

Potential sets you could try:

Skuntank @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Grass or Ice I suppose
- Fire Blast

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab / Taunt
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Pretty certain about skuntank nature on the first set since timid allows it to outspeed timid venusaur and jolly medicham, alongside adamant sawk that goes around the 80 base speed tier. And still possess respectable power alongside decent coverage.

Physical however is still experimental but I think it should go like that, poison jab is nice for fairies and dark resists targets (fighting types). Outspeeding modest exploud and jolly scrafty is always a decent initial benchmark.

Is there any reason why CB sawk is considered viable while CB Gallade isn't? Both mons have a very similar stat distribution and a similar movepool, with the key differences being Gallade has slightly less speed in exchange for STAB Zen Headbutt and a few more options to run such as SS and Trick. If the reason that CB Gallade isn't viable is because of Medicham, than what does sawk have that prevents it from being outclassed by Medicham like Gallade is?

Recently I've been looking into the idea of Skuntank, however, I'm fairly unsure of what this thing likes to run outside of Poison Jab and Pursuit. Does it run mixed sets? Or fully physical sets?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now that I just came back from camp, could someone just quickly brief me on what the current meta is like now, especially from a month ago? thanks frens

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Are we going to revamp the vr taking into account shaymin and slurpuff or is there "other plans" for the two and we should omit mentions of the two in vr noms?

Most likely both are going to be banned, so that won't be nessesary since the only other major change is Tangrowth leaving. They're new mons so discussion isn't allowed anyway for like 4 more days or w.e

I'm looking into using a Rhyperior, but I'm a little unsure about where to put its EVs. Some builds say to build up SpD to make it less awful, others say to invest only in Defense, to make it a purely physical tank. I've seen other conflicting advice like this on other walls that only have one good kind of defensive stat. Is there a consensus on what to do?

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm looking into using a Rhyperior, but I'm a little unsure about where to put its EVs. Some builds say to build up SpD to make it less awful, others say to invest only in Defense, to make it a purely physical tank. I've seen other conflicting advice like this on other walls that only have one good kind of defensive stat. Is there a consensus on what to do?
Yes. Rhyperior is already insanely Physical Defensive by nature (just look at its Def stat) so a most optimal ev distribution for a Tank Rhyperior set would be compensating for its lackluster spdef stat. Good SpDef alongside Solid Rock make Rhyperior to survive an impressive amount of hits, even 4x super effective ones from a couple of Pokemon.

Recommended ev spreads:

248 HP / 16 atk / 244 SpDef Adamant, 252 HP / 160 SpDef / 96 speed Careful and a somewhat convoluted one that I dont quite remember but I think EonX knows about it better than me (clearly).

So yeah, dont run Defensive investment on Rhyperior like at all, thats more of an OU thing.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's 184 16+ 212 96, outspeeds max speed camel and keeps the attack evs w the jump point thingy
To add on to this, it also hits a Leftovers # without cutting severely into Rhyperior's bulk. Obviously, you can move the Attack EVs into HP, SpDef, or Speed if you don't care about the jump point, but that's kind of the baseline I always work with when using Tank Rhyperior on a team

What is a good sweep/heal alomalola (or whatever its spelled) with wish and protect?
Also, a base-ish for the team?
I am very new to showdown.

Should I use Jolly or Adamant on Slurpuff?
Up to you really, Adamant picks up more ko's after Stealth Rock. Jolly can outspeed choice scarf Flygon and Delphox.
What is a good sweep/heal alomalola (or whatever its spelled) with wish and protect?
Also, a base-ish for the team?
I am very new to showdown.
i dont know what this means but im assuming you want an alomomola set. theres either specially defensive which u can find here or physically defensive which is this set:

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 240 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Physically defensive is better atm but specially defensive still can be used on teams that need it.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
If adamant, hitting 238 speed (232 evs) means you always outspend base 95 scarfs and below. Jolly outspeeds scarf delphox with 200 evs. Make sure your HP is a number divisible by two, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)