Ability: Analytic
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

However, PS keeps displaying this error message:
Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Magneton has moves incompatible with its DW ability.
I've checked on Bulbapedia and Magneton can learn all four moves by HM as of Gen V, even with its Dream World ability. Why is this happening?
Same issue with my pseudo trapping trick room magnezone , and with a few others DW pokemon i cant remember
hopefully someone fixes it so i can start playing OU again.

oh just because this thread is about questioning

how viable is PP stall in UU ?
I just crossed some guy with a full PP stall team , including substitute aerodactyl and dusclops Spite/Rest/Night Shade/Taunt the guy also had mew amnesia/barrier baton support

to my surprise he was 1900+ in the ladder, and its pokemon sets where very well made, for example the taunt on dusclops to block negative priority phrasing and the rest to cancel status and recover

I must say that i almost lose to him even if i am an 2100+ player, so that encounter really makes me wonder , is PP stall a completely gimmick strategy or its a very hard to use so its avoided by the mainstream ?

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Same issue with my pseudo trapping trick room magnezone , and with a few others DW pokemon i cant remember
hopefully someone fixes it so i can start playing OU again.

oh just because this thread is about questioning

how viable is PP stall in UU ?
I just crossed some guy with a full PP stall team , including substitute aerodactyl and dusclops Spite/Rest/Night Shade/Taunt the guy also had mew amnesia/barrier baton support

to my surprise he was 1900+ in the ladder, and its pokemon sets where very well made, for example the taunt on dusclops to block negative priority phrasing and the rest to cancel status and recover

I must say that i almost lose to him even if i am an 2100+ player, so that encounter really makes me wonder , is PP stall a completely gimmick strategy or its a very hard to use so its avoided by the mainstream ?
I think it's kind of both gimmicky and difficult but effective if played right. I once faced a dude who had the same sort of team...Think it was Dusknoir, Zapdos, Dusclops, Spiritomb, and some other stuff. May also have had a Riolu. I can't remember since it was so long ago. It's an interesting concept to say the least, but most teams that rely on such a rare tactic often can be more matchup-reliant than most other teams which is why people don't use them too much

Question: Why is UU called "UU"? The vast majority of Pokemon are in Never Used, Little Cup, or Not Fully Evolved; UU still represents around the 100th to 150 greatest Pokemon, including a number of Legendaries; and it's the third tier out of nine or so. How is that bad?

Also, I feel the need to complain about Milotic being in UU because of its ridiculous stats and solid movepool (it's wrecked a number of my teams I thought were pretty competitive). Maybe its Speed isn't that good or something.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Question: Why is UU called "UU"? The vast majority of Pokemon are in Never Used, Little Cup, or Not Fully Evolved; UU still represents around the 100th to 150 greatest Pokemon, including a number of Legendaries; and it's the third tier out of nine or so. How is that bad?

Also, I feel the need to complain about Milotic being in UU because of its ridiculous stats and solid movepool (it's wrecked a number of my teams I thought were pretty competitive). Maybe its Speed isn't that good or something.
Tiers do not directly measure how good a Pokemon is, they measure it indirectly through usage. Pokemon in UU can be good or viable in OU, but they aren't used enough to make the tier. Hence "UnderUsed." However, I hate to break it to you, but Milotic isn't good in UU or OU. There are many Pokemon with the same typing that have better stats. Its pretty weak and it often can't prevent other Pokemon from setting up in its face.

Tiers do not directly measure how good a Pokemon is, they measure it indirectly through usage. Pokemon in UU can be good or viable in OU, but they aren't used enough to make the tier. Hence "UnderUsed."
I know this (for OU it's 3-5% or so; I'm not sure about the rest); I'm just surprised Milotic isn't used enough. In my experience, it makes sense for it to be used often, and I do see it pretty often, as is the case with Machamp and a number of other UUs. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong subset of competitive battles.

However, I hate to break it to you, but Milotic isn't good in UU or OU. There are many Pokemon with the same typing that have better stats. Its pretty weak and it often can't prevent other Pokemon from setting up in its face.
Many? Like what?

Ace Emerald

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know this (for OU it's 3-5% or so; I'm not sure about the rest); I'm just surprised Milotic isn't used enough. In my experience, it makes sense for it to be used often, and I do see it pretty often, as is the case with Machamp and a number of other UUs. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong subset of competitive battles.
Yeah, most likely you're watching the wrong subset. When you have tens of thousands of battles, 1% is still many battles.
Many? Like what?
In UU, Suicune, Slowbro, Swampert, Empoleon, and Blastoise are all better than Milotic. Suicune has the same mono Water typing with better defenses and Speed, Slowbro is far bulkier, resists the popular Fighting-type, and recovers lots of health with Regenerator, Swampert is immune to the popular Electric-type and is much stronger, Empoleon resists many types with Steel-typing, and Blastoise can at least use Rapid Spin. The reason to use Water-types is to counter the very powerful Fire-types of the tier, and most Fire-types can plow right through Milotic. Darmanitan can 2HKO with Flare Blitz, Victini with V-create, Chandelure with Shadow Ball or Energy Ball. The other bulky Water-types are better answers to the Fire-types, or at least do something valuable for your team like provide many resistances (Empoleon) or Rapid Spin (Blastoise).

In UU, Suicune, Slowbro, Swampert, Empoleon, and Blastoise are all better than Milotic.
Suicune I've never really used, so I'll take your word for it.
Slowbro does not, however, resist the popular Bug (well, Megahorn and X-Scissor, anyway), Ghost, or Dark types.
Swampert I'll buy. I forgot that its defenses are actually decent since I usually have a good Grass move on hand.
Empoleon's Steel-typing doesn't help it much, especially in this gen.
Rapid Spin's a very niche move.

The reason to use Water-types is to counter the very powerful Fire-types of the tier
What about Rock or Ground?

Ace Emerald

Suicune I've never really used, so I'll take your word for it.
Slowbro does not, however, resist the popular Bug (well, Megahorn and X-Scissor, anyway), Ghost, or Dark types.
Swampert I'll buy. I forgot that its defenses are actually decent since I usually have a good Grass move on hand.
Empoleon's Steel-typing doesn't help it much, especially in this gen.
Rapid Spin's a very niche move.

What about Rock or Ground?
Bug moves actually aren't too popular in UU, limited to Heracross and Yanmega, both of which blow by Milotic. Ghost moves are rare outside Chandelure, who again Milotic can't check. Dark is pretty relevant, but if you'd like to check Sharpedo/Weavile, you're better off with Suicune. Empoleon's Steel-typing makes it one of the few Pokemon that resist Dragon in UU, and one of the best Kingdra checks. Rapid Spin is a great move that sees little distribution among terrible users, and the correct use of it is highly coveted.

Water doesn't resist Rock or Ground, and some of the best Ground-types (Flygon, Rhyperior, Swampert) can 2HKO Milotic with Earthquake.

At this point I can't really counter anything you've said because you've seen more battles than me. Maybe the Milotic my opponents have used had maxed Defense and the Electric Pokemon I typically use against it haven't had high enough Special Defense to withstand its STAB'd Surf and such for very long after Milotic's Special Defense allows it to take a couple of Thunderbolt blows.

Hi, May I ask your opinion what pokemons(3 if possible) will complement with Weavile, Noivern, and Tyrantrum in a team. It does not have to be an exact pokemon. Type, ability or usage like for example sweepers or stallers etc. If there is a thread for this type of question please let me know. Thank you very much

Ace Emerald

Hi, May I ask your opinion what pokemons(3 if possible) will complement with Weavile, Noivern, and Tyrantrum in a team. It does not have to be an exact pokemon. Type, ability or usage like for example sweepers or stallers etc. If there is a thread for this type of question please let me know. Thank you very much
We currently don't have an XY UU metagame, bear with us while we get it together!

I would love some recommendations on UU walls to add to my team. While I enjoy using Weavile and Gardevoir for my offensive, I lack on the defensive side. I used Dusknoir a couple of times, but even with the 135 base defense on both defenses and being Impish, I still get 2HKO by most attacks and without any time to do anything with him.
(And I'm asking for UU pokemons not because I play exclusively on that tier, it is just because I despise OU. I love battling with somewhat obscure pokemons).

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
I would love some recommendations on UU walls to add to my team. While I enjoy using Weavile and Gardevoir for my offensive, I lack on the defensive side. I used Dusknoir a couple of times, but even with the 135 base defense on both defenses and being Impish, I still get 2HKO by most attacks and without any time to do anything with him.
(And I'm asking for UU pokemons not because I play exclusively on that tier, it is just because I despise OU. I love battling with somewhat obscure pokemons).

Solid special walls: Umbreon, Snorlax, Togekiss, Milotic, Cressalia, Zapdos.
Solid physical walls: Qwilfish, Blastoise, Cofagrigus, Togekiss, Gligar, Cressalia, Zapdos.

Hope I helped!

Solid special walls: Umbreon, Snorlax, Togekiss, Milotic, Cressalia, Zapdos.
Solid physical walls: Qwilfish, Blastoise, Cofagrigus, Togekiss, Gligar, Cressalia, Zapdos.

Hope I helped!
Thanks!
I think I'll try Milotic, Umbreon, Qwilfish and Togekiss.

Also, you probably shouldn't be using Dusknoir; Dusclops is better, but it's still shit, and Cofagrigus is even better (THE bulky Ghost of UU).

So, I'm trying to breed two Sigilyphs in X, one with the offensive set and one with the cosmic/stored power set. My problem is, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to find a way to get Heat Wave on the offensive one. The only reason I started IV breeding in X is because it became so much easier, so transferring a heat wave Sigilyph from Black/White is out of the question. My only other option seems to be Hidden Power Fighting, which seems like a better option, but I feel like the lack of perfect IV's might not be worth it.

I guess my question for you guys would be: what is a good moveset for offensive sigilyph in X/Y?

So, I'm trying to breed two Sigilyphs in X, one with the offensive set and one with the cosmic/stored power set. My problem is, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to find a way to get Heat Wave on the offensive one. The only reason I started IV breeding in X is because it became so much easier, so transferring a heat wave Sigilyph from Black/White is out of the question. My only other option seems to be Hidden Power Fighting, which seems like a better option, but I feel like the lack of perfect IV's might not be worth it.

I guess my question for you guys would be: what is a good moveset for offensive sigilyph in X/Y?
1. Transfer from B/W with Heat Wave.

2. Twidde your thumbs for 1-2 years hoping/praying that Game Freak puts in Heat Wave again as a tutor move in the third Kalos game.

Heat Wave is essential, I assume, but I don't really use Sigilyph so I'm not the best judge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)