SM OU AURORA VEIL PORYGON-Z TEAM

I'm not english so there will be some mistakes

I haven't played Pokémon for a long time, and in these days I wanted to start again.
I only play OU, and I see everytime the same things, like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T and similar stuff...
So I chose one underrated Pokémon: Porygon-Z.
So I made a team based on this awesome Pokémon!

1516395497776.png

Crazy (Porygon-Z) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Nasty Plot

Porygon-Z is an awesome Pokémon, I use the Z-Conversion moveset.
He has two attack moves, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, the main ones.
After one Z-Conversion you have all your stats increased by 1.5, and his SpA reaches unbelievable levels.
If that's not enough, you can also use Nasty Plot, and you will reach +2.5 SpA!
With Conversion Porygon-Z gains Electric-type, so he has also STAB on Thunderbolt.
Ice Beam is very useful, you can kill annoying Pokémons like Landorus-T, Gliscor, Zygarde.
After the Z move you can do pretty much everything, with fantastic spA, decent def and spD, and good speed!

1516396099100.png

Icefox (Ninetales-Alola) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Hail

Porygon-Z isn't very defensive, if he isn't boosted, so Aurora Veil is a must have!
In like every battle I start with Alolan Ninetales and I set Aurora Veil, boosted by Light Clay, and I switch.
Freeze-Dry is really nice, because you can kill Quagsire and various water Pokémons, and it is also boosted by the Hail!
Hail is useful against Drought/Sandstorm Pokémons, like Charizard-Y and Tyranitar, and they are forced to switch!
Hypnosis, despite his low accuracy, is useful! You can put to sleep offensive Pokémons, so you have time to set Aurora Veil!

1516396631741.png

Colossal (Tyranitar-Mega) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Tyranitar-Mega is really underrated! Everybody uses normal Tyranitar, but the Mega version is fire!
He is helped by Ninetales's Aurora Veil, and he covers some weaknesses, like Fire weakness and Rock weakness.
You have to immediately use Dragon Dance and after that you will be faster and stronger. Then, sweep!
Stone Edge is the main STAB move, and it breaks walls.
Fire Punch is mainly used for Scizor, Ferrothorn and Tapu Bulu.
Ice Punch is used for Zygarde, Landorus-T... I don't use any Dark-type move

1516436710413.png

Arcadia (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

I realized that I was too weak against Excadrill, Lopunny-Mega, so I chose Celesteela.
He is the best tank in the SMOU tier, with a fantastic type, he tanks perfectly any move, and his wall is boosted by Aurora Veil.
I know, it's odd to put a tank in Aurora Veil teams, but it works! I use the normal moveset, and I think that Flamethrower is the best move!
You can surprise Ferrothorns and opponent's Celesteela.

1516437041321.png

Negate (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

No, it's not Complete Zygarde, it's just a normal Choice Band Zygarde.
I was too weak to Tapu Koko and other Electric-Type stuff, and Zygarde was a perfect choice for an Aurora Veil team!
Thousand Arrows is an amazing move, you can damage pretty much everything! You kill Celesteela, Rotom-Wash, Skarmory...
I surprise my opponents everytime with Extreme Speed, having priority is a must have!
Outrage is really good, when using Thousand Arrows isn't the best thing in the world, and you kill Dragon-Types.
Iron Tail is good, as you surprise and kill annoying Fairy-Types, like Clefable and Lele, and ice-types too!

1516437412014.png

Wasabi (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I just like Rotom-Wash, and I needed someone with Will-O-Wisp, for boosting the Aurora Veil power!
He tanks Fire-Types, and I use the normal set, but I never use Pain Split, so... I don't know what to do...
Anyway, Hydro Pump is excellent, and Volt Switch too!

That's it!
I have one amazing replay, Porygon-Z sweeps entire's opponent team!

Give me advices, please.

Attachments

Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi. This is a really cool aurora veil team, It's one of my favourite kinds of teams. Porygon is also an interesting choice.

There are a few things that can be improved though, such as the Zygarde and Celesteela set.

718.pngchoiceband.png--> iapapaberry.png
Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

While banded is extremely strong, double dance Zygarde is usually the best set on this kind of team. Mostly because of how bulky he is when veil is up, you can coil and DD on alot of things. Iapapa berry restores alot of health so you can setup longer.

Alternatively this spread could be used:

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

It has more bulk to live certain attacks outside of veil. Although I believe the standard 252/252 might be better.

797.png leftovers.png--> sitrusberry.png
Celesteela @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

This is a similar change to Zygarde. Using the sweeper set brings out the best in aurora veil.

Sitrus berry is usually used for a bit of extra recovery. Unfortunately things like Zapdos, Heatran and Toxapex still wall you, but you have a lot on the team to take on them.

479w.png --> 490.png or 245.png
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

------------------------------

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Rotom-Wash isn't that good right now, and on veil it does very little. Will-o-wisp support is nice but only really for a couple of things. Manaphy and Suicune are typically better water types.

Manaphy helps against bulkier teams, but usually prefers to run a Z-move which is already taken by Porygon.

Suicune is a dangerous sweeper under veil. Thanks to pressure it can sub and protect stall alot of threats. Calm mind and scald wears down alot aswell.

I would probably use suicune as it isn't as reliant on a Z-move. But it's up to you if you decide to make the change.

I hope these changes are helpful if you want to use them.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/90bd5fe02b6f36f8

~~474.png038-a.png248-m.png797.png718.png245.png~~​

Hi. This is a really cool aurora veil team, It's one of my favourite kinds of teams. Porygon is also an interesting choice.

There are a few things that can be improved though, such as the Zygarde and Celesteela set.

View attachment 98379View attachment 98380--> View attachment 98396
Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

While banded is extremely strong, double dance Zygarde is usually the best set on this kind of team. Mostly because of how bulky he is when veil is up, you can coil and DD on alot of things. Iapapa berry restores alot of health so you can setup longer.

Alternatively this spread could be used:

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

It has more bulk to live certain attacks outside of veil. Although I believe the standard 252/252 might be better.

View attachment 98382 View attachment 98383--> View attachment 98384
Celesteela @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

This is a similar change to Zygarde. Using the sweeper set brings out the best in aurora veil.

Sitrus berry is usually used for a bit of extra recovery. Unfortunately things like Zapdos, Heatran and Toxapex still wall you, but you have a lot on the team to take on them.

View attachment 98385 --> View attachment 98386 or View attachment 98387
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

------------------------------

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Rotom-Wash isn't that good right now, and on veil it does very little. Will-o-wisp support is nice but only really for a couple of things. Manaphy and Suicune are typically better water types.

Manaphy helps against bulkier teams, but usually prefers to run a Z-move which is already taken by Porygon.

Suicune is a dangerous sweeper under veil. Thanks to pressure it can sub and protect stall alot of threats. Calm mind and scald wears down alot aswell.

I would probably use suicune as it isn't as reliant on a Z-move. But it's up to you if you decide to make the change.

I like the new Zygarde set, and the Celesteela's one too!
Suicune is interesting, and I'll try Manaphy too.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: DKM

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey, I like the idea for this team. I'll give some of my thoughts.
First off, I'd change the Porygon-Z set to Timid to outspeed Choice Scarfed Excadrill that may wanna come in after you nab a kill and revenge kill you with Earthquake. Furthermore, I don't think that Nasty Plot is too necessary. Porygon-Z hits super hard already, and there will rarely be a chance for you to get your Z move and Nasty Plot off in the same sweep. Instead, I suggest changing to a coverage move. Options could include Psychic (for Mega Venusaur - though not many people are running that at the moment due to Pinsir, HAwlucha and Lele being very common), Hidden Power Fighting (for Tyranitar) or Hidden Power Fire (for Ferrothorn).

I like the idea of Encore or Toxic on Ninetales as this allows it to do more things. These aren't necessary changes however, though if you were to make one of these changes, I would suggest getting rid of Hail as you aren't exactly going to Hail on a Tyranitar.

I like the Tyranitar set. Nothing to change with that.

As DragonKnightmaster said above me, I would replace Rotom with something like Calm Mind Suicune. Same reasoning. I feel like your team should have Stealth Rocks, however. I propose the idea of Landorus-Therian over Zygarde. You could go with a Choice Scarf set (as your team doesn't have anything that's fast right off the bat) with Stealth Rocks.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I hope this helped! If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)