Averagemons toxi-shuffle (needs some patches)

Gradually finding my way up the averagemons ladder. Quick tip for those not aware, in averagemons all pokemon have base stats of 100 across the board. Such a great meta. Looking for advice on the line up I have here, particularly how I might deal with my enormous Talonflame weakness. I pull off wins against teams with Talonflame if I play carefully enough, but even so, it's way too threatening to my present line up. I generally need a bit of patience and support while I'm working calcs out, and I'm prone to making really bizarre (to other people) miscalculations due to a mathematical learning disability. Forgive me for using calcs very sparingly, but I also appreciate people confronting me with important calcs.

This team has peaked around 1700 on the averagemons ladder.
Here's a replay of the team, showcasing its general playstyle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/averagemons-75416274

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Sky Drop

These two here are my core. I favor leading with Dragalge to get T-Spikes down as soon as possible, unless there is a Magic Bounce Espeon/Xatu/Natu on the team, in which case I favor Sableye. If Dragalge looks safe, I lay hazards, then go for either the Dragon Tail to start shuffling + ideally poisoning fliers/levitators with Poison Touch, or Sludge Bomb if I feel a Fairy is imminent. Protect + Black Sludge lends HP longevity. If Dragalge is threatened by Ground, Ice, or Dragon attacks, I switch to Skarm and Sky Drop if the opponent is poisoned for the stall, or shuffle some more with Whirlwind to spread the status, or if Magic Bounce/Coat isn't a thing I get my pebbles up. So far I've found Sky Drop more useful than Brave Bird. 4 Speed on Skarm because speed ties are everywhere when everyone has flat 100 speed, and Sky Drop is potent when it goes first on a slow poisoned foe.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Magic Coat

Sableye is my response to any leads that SkarmDrag can't handle - mostly the magic bouncers who expect a Taunt or status, try to set up, but instead lose item and a lot of their health to a super effective Knock Off. Magic Coat allows me to steal the hazards I don't run, so often I can get a surprise Sticky Web from a Shuckle or Ariados, and I use it to bounce back Taunts as well, especially from other Sableyes, which are everywhere in averagemons.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I could run Recover, etc, but I find that Quagsire sticks around much longer with RestTalk, and shrugs off any burns happily. Obviously he's the obligatory Unaware user, this meta being so rife with boosters. His main problem is he still takes nearly half switching into a Talonflame's Brave Bird, and can't stay in/bank on a Sleep Talk Waterfall.

Roserade @ Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain

A safe switch in to Fairy-types most of the time thanks to Poison-typing, Roserade gets rid of status, but is probably the weakest member of what has become a fairly solid team. Leech Seed has proven invaluable for regenerating some health for Dragalge, who is so core to the team and can switch into Fire attacks aimed at Roserade, and who lacks substantive recovery. Alongside Aromatherapy, she and Dragalge also absorb any T-Spikes that ever get Magic Bounced onto my field, which thankfully has rarely happened.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Reflect

A weird Pokemon, but quite a potent fast support in averagemons, and I find people leaving Quagsire in for a OHKO from Freeze-Dry surprisingly often. Gets rid of hazards, gets a screen up occasionally, Recover stalls for poison damage - which should be draining nearly everything by the time Cryogonal comes out - and switches freely into Earthquakes barring Mold Breaker.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)