Balanced Hackmons Central

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
4 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon: 304-358 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO...how is this beating any -ate? I also already posted my reasonings for Groudon's ranking, you could refer to that if you want. Additionally, Groudon is already B rank so you can't nominate it for B rank, just B+. The sets that got Groudon its current B rank are also the FC (or PH) set and the Soundproof one; Prankster on Groudon is alright but it's definitely not as good as the one I just mentioned.

4 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon: 304-358 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO...how is this beating any -ate? I also already posted my reasonings for Groudon's ranking, you could refer to that if you want. Additionally, Groudon is already B rank so you can't nominate it for B rank, just B+. The sets that got Groudon its current B rank are also the FC (or PH) set and the Soundproof one; Prankster on Groudon is alright but it's definitely not as good as the one I just mentioned.
Dark Void can at least shut down -ate for one turn, giving the team a good pivot point. Why can I not nominate it for B? I am pretty sure its in B- right now..?

Also, may I have an explanation on how Prankster is worse than FC, PH, and Soundproof? Thanks :D

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dark Void can at least shut down -ate for one turn, giving the team a good pivot point. Why can I not nominate it for B? I am pretty sure its in B- right now..?

Also, may I have an explanation on how Prankster is worse than FC, PH, and Soundproof? Thanks :D
Being able to cast DV doesn't mean it can reliably wall the -ate user, it can't switch into a Boomburst since the Espeed will finish it off the next turn before it gets to even use DV...Soundproof can at least reliably wall any non-Refrigerate user that isn't carrying Techno Blast. FC and PH are to wall physical threats. Also I just checked the viability rankings and you are right, it is B- (I thought it was B for some reason). Either way though, Prankster is definitely not the set you would wanna use to nominate Groudon for a higher ranking as there are better sets which Groudon can use.

Edit: I just noticed Mega Slowbro isn't even on the viability rankings which really surprised me as it can pull off Groudon's Soundproof set and do a pretty good job at it (probably an even better job than Groudon actually since it resists Refrigerate as well, the only weakness it has that Groudon doesn't is the weakness to Volt Switch which isn't too common on -ates). I would like to nominate Mega Slowbro for either B- or B ranking.

Last edited:
Groudon is bad and I don't really see how a subpar set that isn't even limited to groudon and can be done by shitloads of things is any kind of argument for why it should raise.
Groudon is outclassed in everything it can do, B- is already too high.

I just noticed Mega Slowbro isn't even on the viability rankings which really surprised me as it can pull off Groudon's Soundproof set and do a pretty good job at it (probably an even better job than Groudon actually since it resists Refrigerate as well, the only weakness it has that Groudon doesn't is the weakness to Volt Switch which isn't too common on -ates). I would like to nominate Mega Slowbro for either B- or B ranking.
Slowbro also happens to resist fire which makes him a good Pdon switchin, PH slowbro can take on many physical set up sweepers like Garchomp, Pdon, Ttar, Gyarados and Slaking.

Being able to cast DV doesn't mean it can reliably wall the -ate user, it can't switch into a Boomburst since the Espeed will finish it off the next turn before it gets to even use DV...Soundproof can at least reliably wall any non-Refrigerate user that isn't carrying Techno Blast. FC and PH are to wall physical threats. Also I just checked the viability rankings and you are right, it is B- (I thought it was B for some reason). Either way though, Prankster is definitely not the set you would wanna use to nominate Groudon for a higher ranking as there are better sets which Groudon can use.

Edit: I just noticed Mega Slowbro isn't even on the viability rankings which really surprised me as it can pull off Groudon's Soundproof set and do a pretty good job at it (probably an even better job than Groudon actually since it resists Refrigerate as well, the only weakness it has that Groudon doesn't is the weakness to Volt Switch which isn't too common on -ates). I would like to nominate Mega Slowbro for either B- or B ranking.
Would agree for a B- for slowbro-mega, it is becoming a dominant physical wall, and it forced many ate users to use techno blast instead. However, a low special defense does limit its ability to become perish trapper/pivot, which kind of makes it not having that much use compared to B ranks like regigigas and slaking (i don't really like these two though, one is slow and other is too limited)

Mega latios doesn't do physical contrary better than MMX at all. Additionally, MMY can take on pixi- and refridge- revenge killers.
The most common switch in for MMY is Chansey, because it and shedinja are the only Pokemon that can switch in. Chansey almost always runs imposter or FC, making spore a crippling move, while shedinja is at least neutralized unless it's a weather shed. Specifically, it allows MMY to handle imposters and handle common mons, all with one move.

Not sure what you mean by just rip it.
Sorry for late reply, but I've seen some sniper ability sets on mewtwo Y, and some people argued with me that its good :P and also in contrary i meant basically for Y not X, but for physical i do like mega blaziken more than X coz of the stab v-create

imas edit: merged because double post. should have just edited it in or deleted the first post and reposted with the added quote if you wanted to tag him (that's what i do personally).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy to present you something that will hopefully be helpful to a lot of you (there probably should be a thread with this for each meta): a BH set compilation for the damage calculator.
Basically, just copy the importable below, and paste it in the "import" part of the teambuilder. If you type giratina in the teambuilder afterwards, things like "BH Fur Coat" and "BH Poison Heal" should appear, just like "Ubers The Great Wall" does. This is still a W.I.P list, if some sets are missing just tell so that i can add them.
This way, you can quickly know if Mega-Ray is in range or Mega-Gengar's Judgment after 3 turns of sand or something.

BH SoundProof -Ate Counter (Slowbro-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog
- Scald

BH Choice Specs (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Magma Storm
- Secret Sword

BH Gale Wings (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Gale Wings
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

BH Poison Heal Wall (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Spiky Shield
- U-turn
- Defog

BH FakeSpeed (Diancie-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Secret Sword

BH Magic Guard (Diancie-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Head Smash
- Light of Ruin
- Magma Storm
- Flare Blitz

BH Spooky Trapper (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- Sludge Wave

BH FakeSpeed (Kyurem-Black) @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Precipice Blades

BH Setup Breaker (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows
- Sacred Fire

BH Poison Heal Booster (Kyogre) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

BH Mold Breaker Band (Garchomp-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Thousand Arrows
- Knock Off
- U-turn

BH Poison Heal Shift Gear (Garchomp-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- Knock Off

BH Ate Check (Groudon) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
Impish Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog
- Thousand Arrows

BH Specially Defensive (Ho-Oh) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- High Jump Kick
- U-Turn

BH Contrary (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Psycho Boost
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Superpower

BH FakeSpeed (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sky Plate
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Magma Storm

BH Offensive Poison Heal (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Sucker Punch

BH Fur Coat wall (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- U-turn
- Defog

BH Specially Defensive (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

BH Specially Defensive (Registeel) @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

BH The Wall (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Transform

BH Imposter (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Skill Swap

I know this is kinda late for this since it will be outdated in less than a month, but it still is really helpful in intense games where a calc can make the difference

Edit: Modifications applied: HailFall (was just a stupid mistake), MegaGengar is now timid (don't mindlessly follow the teambuilder for speed)

Note: the moves chosen in this list as a compromise between being relevant (and not making new people using the list thinking this is a normal move to run) and being helpful. For example, I added sludge wave on mega gengar (after QT commented) because it can be run. However, I did not put scald on Chansey because it will more than likely just confuse people.

Note 2(answering to rumors) : These sets are done according to the usage stats, which is why kube doesn't have 16 Spe. Also, when you are not sure you'd better be safe than sorry. It's actually fascinating to see that most of the sets ran are just the one the teambuilder suggests.

Last edited:
I am happy to present you something that will hopefully be helpful to a lot of you (there probably should be a thread with this for each meta): a BH set compilation for the damage calculator.
Basically, just copy the importable below, and paste it in the "import" part of the teambuilder. If you type giratina in the teambuilder afterwards, things like "BH Fur Coat" and "BH Poison Heal" should appear, just like "Ubers The Great Wall" does. This is still a W.I.P list, if some sets are missing just tell so that i can add them.
This way, you can quickly know if Mega-Ray is in range or Mega-Gengar's Judgment after 3 turns of sand or something.

BH SoundProof -Ate Counter (Slowbro-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Shell Armor
Impish Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog
- Scald

BH Choice Specs (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Magma Storm
- Secret Sword

BH Gale Wings (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Gale Wings
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Spacial Rend

BH Poison Heal Wall (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Spiky Shield
- U-turn
- Defog

BH FakeSpeed (Diancie-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Secret Sword

BH Magic Guard (Diancie-Mega) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Head Smash
- Light of Ruin
- Magma Storm
- Flare Blitz

BH Spooky Trapper (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- Shell Smash

BH FakeSpeed (Kyurem-Black) @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Precipice Blades

BH Setup Breaker (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows
- Sacred Fire

BH Poison Heal Booster (Kyogre) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

BH Mold Breaker Band (Garchomp-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Thousand Arrows
- Knock Off
- U-turn

BH Poison Heal Shift Gear (Garchomp-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- Knock Off

BH Ate Check (Groudon) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
Impish Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog
- Thousand Waves

BH Specially Defensive (Ho-Oh) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Defog
- Recover

BH Contrary (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Psycho Boost
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Superpower

BH FakeSpeed (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sky Plate
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Techno Blast

BH Offensive Poison Heal (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Shift Gear

BH Fur Coat wall (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- U-turn
- Defog

BH Specially Defensive (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

BH Specially Defensive (Registeel) @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Defog

BH The Wall (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Transform

I know this is kinda late for this since it will be outdated in less than a month, but it still is really helpful in intense games where a calc can make the difference
Neat list! Just as a note, though, it's probably worth removing the boosting moves to add in more eserotic coverage options, like Draco Meteor on Groudon or Sludge Wave/Boomburst on MGar, as the calc doesn't use boosting moves for anything.

Only criticism is you should probably refer to official Smogdex sets where possible. For example, you have Kyu-B running 252 HP 252 Atk when standard Kyu-B runs 240 HP 252 Atk 16 Spe and would be more accurate using Fake Out / Extreme Speed / Bolt Strike / 1k Arrows or Precipice instead of having Boomburst on there. Likewise, Fakepseed Ray and Gale Wings Ray are both missing Magma storm. Standard Gale Wings Ray doesn't even run Spacial Rend typically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)