Ability: Heavy Metal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Roar
- Thunder Wave

M-Aggron is there to get up rocks reliably and synergizes well with the pure fairy typing of Sylveon. I chose Heavy Slam because it hits like a truck. I've found I use it to switch in on resisted or physical hits to either click rocks, T wave or roar most of the time, depending on what play I'm expecting. Heavy slam can punch holes quite well most of the time, taking decent enough of a chunk out of anything that like to switch in on it, especially if rocks are up. It's still mainly used for utility and sponging hits though.

Peach (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Sylveon mainly works as my wishpasser and my God does it do its job well. Its fairy typing in conjunction with M-Aggron's pure Steel typing, it will almost always be able to survive and pass wishes to the members in need for days. If all that isn't enough, it's blessed with heal bell and pixilate boosted hyper voice to deter anything that doesn't resist it from switching in. If this monster comes out, it almost always forces a switch, which gives me a free wish to pass to whoever.

Ween (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray

Tentacruel finishes up the core of this team with some nice toxic spikes to work with the switches I force. They work really well for the Entei, which would otherwise put in some hard work against Sylveon. Tentacruel also spins and scalds, which is just amazing. Acid spray works well with Sylveon's hyper voice as a last resort, giving Sylveon the OHKO on a vast majority of the mons out there. On a final note, it beats and switches in on Mega Blastoise really easily, which could otherwise wallbeak me quite hard.

The 3 of these mons rotating around tend to deal with and force out anything that's choiced and therefore make up the majority of my early game. Lategame M-Aggron is usually dead and Tentacruel is fodder if it's not trying to snag some scald burns. Sylveon dying seems to hurt me the most, so I try to keep it as healthy as possible.

Dogsong (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Arcanine switches in on so many physical attackers and tends to either wisp something early on or clean up the game with e-speed and flare blitz. This dog can take so many physical hits, especially with morning sun keeping him healthy. I chose lefties over rocky helmet because my team is already very weak to EQ spam. The extra recovery is really helpful, I think moreso than helmet. This is also a very good way to force Entei out and dodge the potential sacred fire burn. It's mainly a wincon. but sometimes also an extra physical wall when I can't have Aggron tank the hit.

Brocat (Crobat) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Sleep Talk

Crobat is my designated wallbreaker. Flying type STAB is just so good and my team will definitely take the ground type immunity. It can be a pretty decent lead, mainly to U-turn out of there into whatever mon works best against my opponent. It's nice to break some sashes. This thing outspeeds basically everything and if it doesn't M-Aggron can come in on it and attempt to T-wave. It's mainly just there because it's fast, hits hard and makes choiced Krook variants think twice before pressing EQ.

Dont U Boop Me (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr is my last mon and honestly the one I feel could potentially be switched up. It tanks special hits for me and the main thing I use it for so far is to press knock off after my Crobat lead U-turns Galvantula's sash. Prioirity in mach punch is nice and it takes scalds wellbecause of AV + Guts, but it tends to get worn down after it came in once. It's not nearly as resilient as my other mons and tends to sit there as fodder most of the time, sometimes revenge killing with mach punch. It also lets Sylveon in, which isn't the biggest problem for me but nobody likes Sylveon getting in for free ever. Then again, the main mon I was thinking that could replace it would be Hydreigon, which is the same story.

I haven't felt like my EVs were wrong, but I honestly haven't given them that much thought. They're pretty standard overall. Conkeldurr seems to be usable but not optimal, so I would love suggestions on that front.

Main mons that scare me are:
Mamoswine. It can switch it up between EQs and Ice Shard, while also having access to rocks. Right now, my main way of beating it is either Arcanine, Conkeldurr or pray he doesn't try to predict my Bat and just clicks EQ. Either of the 3 take really heavy damage and I can't really OHKO it reliably if it's not Conkeldurr.

M-Swampert, especially if it's rain dance. It's the same as Mamo, except that if it rain dances up it can outspeed my bat, meaning it doesn't need priority. It also destroys dog better than Mamo does.

But potentially the biggest issue (I haven't faced much of them, but I fear them every time I press battle)
...would be Nidoking/queen. Once again, the dreaded ground + ice coverage is coming to bite me in the ass, this time while being armed with a way to deal with my Sylveon as well. They usually run either ice beam or thunderbolt, both of which OHKO my bat. If they mispredict I can get my bat in on the earth power and switch to conk on the ice beam to knock off their life orb and make my life easier, but I don't like how convoluted that is for an answer. I could put ice punch on Conk, but that'd make me weaker to water types, meaning I'd have to risk more scald burns.

I was thinking potentially Heliolisk instead of Conk, but then I'd need knock off on my Tentacruel, which makes it worse at checking M-Blastoise and I'd have to predict him not pressing aura sphere to get in Heliolisk. By that logic, Crocune could maybe work instead of Conk, but that'd mean an opposing Heliolisk becomes a threat. I've tried Krookodile, but it doesn't switch in ever. Chesnaught deals with both scald, ground and electric attacks but gets destroyed by Nidoking. Roserade also gives me a nice spiker, but it's outsped and 2HKOd by Nidoking as well. Cresselia could potentially work, but it still doesn't solve my lack of knock off.

I honestly don't know what would fix my problem. If someone has suggestions or opinions then please, leave a comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey bud! seen your team so ive decided to rate. I have noticed some issues im sure we can resolve! To start things off, as you mentioned, nidoqueen, and mamoswine can be problematic, specs hydreigon can also be an issue as well as Lo guts conk. you are also very vulnerable to volt turn, but overall the weakness isnt isanely bad. My First suggestion is Sd escavalier over aggron. Its a very nice bulky mega bee, celebi, and lax, check. I also believe we can use a different mega to help fix this volt weakness. Its also gives you the option of being specially bulky while have that offensive presence as a steel as i feel aggron is underwhelming, especially as a spD mon seeing as bulky waters are a huge issue as well here. Next i would like to get rid of conk. I dont see its real purpose being on this team, or more so this set. You also have a huge psychic and flying weakeness which would pressure aggron severely to stay healthy which i feel should be replaced. I Think scarf hydreigon sounds nice here. Noticing the huge weakness to chandelure as well, it is a nice chandelure switch in, and gives you solid speed control vs potential threats like celebi opposing lo hydreigon, lures fairies for crobat and escavalier. Lastly, Id like to include my favorite underatted rocker, def mega swampert. Now i know what your thinking, why not regular pert? Good question! Mega pert is stronger, Faster, and alot more bulkier. In conjunction with cleric sylveon, having no leftovers will not really effect its longevity that badly It handles mega aero and entei for sylveon and crobat insanely well too! Heck even nidoqueen. Ok so in this pastebin, ive fixed Tentacruels evs to outspeed mamoswine, changed crobats set by adding pursuit to trap potentially mega bee, celebi, or chandelure. Lastly, ive made this swampert bulky enpugh to eat hits from mega aero, entei, and nidoqueen. I hope my advice helped! good luck!! http://pastebin.com/QUvvVtpQ

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)