SM OU Balanced team

Introduction

I started playing pokemon showdown about 1 month ago and this is the first team I have built.I have reached 1500 ELO with this team right now.I would appreciate some help in making the team better by some experienced players.

Teambuilding Process

Magearna can take any special attack and once it gets an elimination it can start sweeping.

I wanted a good defensive pokemon that also could act as my defogger. But i didnt want to build a stall team so i picked scizor since it has a very good attack

Zygarde is a very good physical sweeper after dragon dance.Also both magerana and scizor are weak to fire so i picked zygarde

Ash Greninja,is my favourite pokemon and can absolutely destroy teams.It is a great special sweeper

Since i needed another fast pokemon i chose lando t.It is also immune to ground which helps

I needed another good spdef pokemon and a stealth rock user.Mew is also my z move user

The Team

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
I took the ev spread from smogon,max spdef to take on special attackers.Fleur canon is a powerful move,volt switch allows me to switch to my offensive mons without them taking damage,focus blast to hit steel types and ice beam gives good coverage.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Defog
Scizor acts as my defogger and is a solid defensive wall.It can also setup on stall teams and destroy them.Max defense to take on physical attackers.I dont really use defog much and have thought about switching to uturn or knock off but havent tried that yet.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute
Another setup sweeper only 1 Dragon dance makes this thing really powerful.I use extreem speed for the priority that can help in finishing of a lot of pokemons.Substitue to allow easy setup against stall pokemons.Zygarde is also my switchin to fire types.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
This pokemon is insanely powerful,and is really useful to cleanup late game.U-turn allows me to switch while dealing damage and water shuriken is a good priority move.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
landorus can easily come in on physical pokemons because of intimidate and a good defense.U turn to switch while dealing damge,earthquake is a powerful move , rock slide to hit flying types that try to switch in on earthquake and explosion allows it to get some kills when at low hp

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 208 HP / 92 SpA / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
i use mew to setup rocks and to burn physical attackers.genesis supernova does a ton of damage and with 92 spA it ohkos toxapex.I actually dont really find mew that useful so if someone can suggest a replacement that would be really helpful

Conclusion

I really like this team but I think it needs improvements so any help will be appreciated.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Defog

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Mew @ Mewnium Z
EVs: 208 HP / 92 SpA / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey Yadava. The mons themselves synergise quite well together, but there are some things I would change.
First off, this is definitely Bulky Offence, rather than Balance. Bulky Offence is, as the name suggests, is mainly offensive Pokemon which mainly have some bulk to them (ie Lando, Zygarde, Magearna). Balance will typically have more defensive Pokemon like Toxapex, Celesteela, Ferrothorn etc. The two overlap at times, but that's the main idea.

First off, I'd change the Magearna set to this:
Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Iron Head

HP Fire is to pressure Ferrothorn, and Iron Head is for Calm Mind Magearna. I put more investment in HP, as I felt the extra HP would allow for more longevity (perhaps turning a 2HKO to a 3HKO from something).

I actually like the idea of a defensive Mew on this team. It gives you some sort of counter play to Hawlucha, and you may even be able to get a Wisp off on a Mega Pinsir, both of which are very threatening and very common as of now. I also like Mew as a Stealth Rocker, as you can bluff that Landorus is not scarfed, which can lead to some surprise kills (against things like Diancie, Pinsir, etc).
I would change the set, though. I don't feel as though Genesis Supernova is necessary on this team. Especially since 3 of your Pokemon use priority attacks.
This is Smogon's set. It allows you to outspeed Adamant Zygarde, which is nice.
Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

I would also change the Greninja from U-Turn to Spikes. This is down to preference and my own opinion, but with Landorus packing U-Turn, you already force switches which appreciates Spikes very much, and getting a Spike up on a Toxapex/Magearna/Tapu Bulu switch in is much more profitable than U-Turning out, since you already have switch ins to those things.

I would also change the Zygarde set, since your team finds it difficult to break Tapu Bulu.
Zygarde @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
Corkscrew Crash Zygarde is a great way to lure in Tapu Bulu and kill it off, which Greninja absolutely loves. It still functions as a set-up sweeper, just with less bulk and more power and speed.

My changes are importable here: http://pokepast.es/65017e027cbd6066

A few final things to think about, however, is your Tapu Koko match-up. Specs Koko loves facing this team, so the scarfed Lando is going to have to be played smartly against it. Against Pinsir and Volcarona, try and keep rocks up and make necessary double to scare defoggers, as they heavily pressure the team. Your team revenge kills them once they have enough chip damage (ESpeed/Water Shuriken/Bullet Punch), but they need damage on them first. If you haven't revealed your Scarfed Landorus, then you can kill off the Pinsir (though +1 Volcarona will not be revenge killed by this).

If you need any more help with it, or have any questions, go ahead and shout me :) Hope this helped!

Hey Yadava. The mons themselves synergise quite well together, but there are some things I would change.
First off, this is definitely Bulky Offence, rather than Balance. Bulky Offence is, as the name suggests, is mainly offensive Pokemon which mainly have some bulk to them (ie Lando, Zygarde, Magearna). Balance will typically have more defensive Pokemon like Toxapex, Celesteela, Ferrothorn etc. The two overlap at times, but that's the main idea.

First off, I'd change the Magearna set to this:
Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Iron Head

HP Fire is to pressure Ferrothorn, and Iron Head is for Calm Mind Magearna. I put more investment in HP, as I felt the extra HP would allow for more longevity (perhaps turning a 2HKO to a 3HKO from something).

I actually like the idea of a defensive Mew on this team. It gives you some sort of counter play to Hawlucha, and you may even be able to get a Wisp off on a Mega Pinsir, both of which are very threatening and very common as of now. I also like Mew as a Stealth Rocker, as you can bluff that Landorus is not scarfed, which can lead to some surprise kills (against things like Diancie, Pinsir, etc).
I would change the set, though. I don't feel as though Genesis Supernova is necessary on this team. Especially since 3 of your Pokemon use priority attacks.
This is Smogon's set. It allows you to outspeed Adamant Zygarde, which is nice.
Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

I would also change the Greninja from U-Turn to Spikes. This is down to preference and my own opinion, but with Landorus packing U-Turn, you already force switches which appreciates Spikes very much, and getting a Spike up on a Toxapex/Magearna/Tapu Bulu switch in is much more profitable than U-Turning out, since you already have switch ins to those things.

I would also change the Zygarde set, since your team finds it difficult to break Tapu Bulu.
Zygarde @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
Corkscrew Crash Zygarde is a great way to lure in Tapu Bulu and kill it off, which Greninja absolutely loves. It still functions as a set-up sweeper, just with less bulk and more power and speed.

My changes are importable here: http://pokepast.es/65017e027cbd6066

A few final things to think about, however, is your Tapu Koko match-up. Specs Koko loves facing this team, so the scarfed Lando is going to have to be played smartly against it. Against Pinsir and Volcarona, try and keep rocks up and make necessary double to scare defoggers, as they heavily pressure the team. Your team revenge kills them once they have enough chip damage (ESpeed/Water Shuriken/Bullet Punch), but they need damage on them first. If you haven't revealed your Scarfed Landorus, then you can kill off the Pinsir (though +1 Volcarona will not be revenge killed by this).

If you need any more help with it, or have any questions, go ahead and shout me :) Hope this helped!
Thanks for the help i like the magearna set as hp fire helps with scizor and ferrothorn.
The zygarde set is also great and gets did of tapu bulu which is a threat.If i go defensive mew that only gives me one pokemon with a good spdef(magearna) and if magearna dies i can get sweeped.Isnt spdef better as it gives me a good switch in to special attackers?

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the help i like the magearna set as hp fire helps with scizor and ferrothorn.
The zygarde set is also great and gets did of tapu bulu which is a threat.If i go defensive mew that only gives me one pokemon with a good spdef(magearna) and if magearna dies i can get sweeped.Isnt spdef better as it gives me a good switch in to special attackers?
The problem with SpDef Mew is that it can't really do anything to the Specially Attacking mons in the tier. Greninja, Hoopa, Blacephelon, Tapu Lele and the like aren't afraid of it at all. If you want to replace it with a SpDef pokemon, then I suggest Ferrothorn as you still have stealth rocks, but then you'd have to replace Mega Scizor, as you would be crazy weak to Fire type attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)